Windows 10: Microsoft Apps Not Opening And Showing Not Connected To The Internet

Discus and support Microsoft Apps Not Opening And Showing Not Connected To The Internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed it 4 days ago, most of Microsoft apps are not working. This includes Microsoft Store, OneDrive, Windows Updates, Feedback Hub, Cortana, Xbox,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shahriyar360, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Microsoft Apps Not Opening And Showing Not Connected To The Internet

I noticed it 4 days ago, most of Microsoft apps are not working. This includes Microsoft Store, OneDrive, Windows Updates, Feedback Hub, Cortana, Xbox, Windows Defender. It gives the following error code on Microsoft store "Code: 0x80072F30". Other places it just says unable to connect to the internet.

I tried some of the available solutions found on the internet, mostly from Microsoft Communities. I contacted support and they told me last option is to do a custom installation. Which should fix most issues but I have a lot of apps installed and a lot documents on the drive. It would take quite a while for me do make a backup of those. So I was looking for a solution without custom installation.

Things that I changed so far that could be the reason:

1. Changed DNS address, it was set "Obtain DNS Server address automatically". I changed to Google DNS (8.8.8.8). Later I again set it to "Obtain DNS Address automatically"

2. Changed region. I wanted to change the keyboard to English UK, it was in English US. But for some reason the UK keyboard wasn't showing up. So I changed Region To English UK to get it. Then changed region back to English US.

3. I have two internet connections and sometimes I swap between them. They have different IPs (from 2 different ISPs). I don't know if this can be the reason or not

Things that I have tried so far:

1. Clicked Reset From App settings for MS store

2. Typed "wsreset.exe" in run and waited till MS store automatically turns on

3. Ran sfc/ Scannow on cmd (as Admin)

4. Put Region back English UK and tried resetting Time and Region

5. Did a Windows upgrade using media creation tool without removing apps and files

My System:
    Windows 10 Build 2004
    Last clean install I did was back in 2017, December when I first bought the machine.
    Ryzen 7 1700, Rx 580 8GB, 32 GB RAM
    256GB SATA SSD (Windows and other apps), 2 TB HDD

submitted by /u/Shahriyar360
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shahriyar360, Oct 19, 2020

2. Microsoft Store opening- Internet connection problem error code 0x80072efd

Hi Syed,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing Microsoft Edge and Windows Store with error: 0x80072efd, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if you are using wired/ wireless internet connection on your device?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Use
    Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Internet Connection Troubleshooter find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
      More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on
      Choose what to clear
      under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
      Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Step 3: Run WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open Run box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 19, 2020
  3. edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Oct 19, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Microsoft Apps Not Opening And Showing Not Connected To The Internet

dalchina, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Apps Not Opening And Showing Not Connected To The Internet

1. Microsoft Apps Not Opening And Showing Not Connected To The Internet - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps Opening

2. Microsoft Apps Not Connecting to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Apps Not Connecting to Internet: All of my Microsoft apps Outlook, Get Help, Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store cannot connect to the internet. I think this may be an issue with my firewall, but I tried turning off my firewall and this didn't fix it....
  3. Microsoft Apps Not Connecting to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Apps Not Connecting to Internet: All of my Microsoft apps Outlook, Get Help, Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store cannot connect to the internet. I think this may be an issue with my firewall, but I tried turning off my firewall and this didn't fix it....
  4. No Microsoft Apps are connecting to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Microsoft Apps are connecting to the Internet: All Microsoft Apps on my computer are unable to connect to the internet. This includes: Microsoft Store, Office apps Word, Ppt, Excel, Outlook, Xbox App, Get Help, Smart Scan, and more. Internet Explorer also cannot connect to the internet, but Edge can, which I am assuming...
  5. No Microsoft Apps are connecting to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Microsoft Apps are connecting to the Internet: All Microsoft Apps on my computer are unable to connect to the internet. This includes: Microsoft Store, Office apps Word, Ppt, Excel, Outlook, Xbox App, Get Help, Smart Scan, and more. Internet Explorer also cannot connect to the internet, but Edge can, which I am assuming...
  6. No Microsoft Apps are connecting to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Microsoft apps wont connect to internet

Microsoft apps wont connect to internet: Recently, the microsoft apps on my computer Microsft Smart Screen, Cortona, The new weather/news feed button at the task bar, and everyting else wont work. Google works, some games work, but these microsoft apps dont work. I reset the network on my cmoputer, and then it...
  8. Internet is connected but shows not connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet is connected but shows not connected: I have this problem where even though I'm connected to my modem via eternet cord or wifi when i connect for a second it says I'm connected but then it starts showing that I'm not connected. I don't understand why it keeps doing this I've reset my pc and also the network...
  9. Windows 10 Shows no Internet connection but there is, also opens microsoft homepage and...

Windows 10 Shows no Internet connection but there is, also opens microsoft homepage and...: Hello! I'm using Windows 10 Home and i have a annoying problem for quite a while by now. I use a desktop connected over LAN to a devolo Poweline device and then to our Fritzbox router. Every time i connect my PC to any sort of internet even on a LAN party at my friends...
  10. Microsoft apps cannot connect to the internet

Microsoft apps cannot connect to the internet: Microsoft Edge, Windows Store, and Cortana, as well as most Microsoft apps, cannot connect to the internet. When I try to open the Windows Store it will not open and I get an Error message, 0x80072EE7. When I try to use Edge I get an error message that says, “This...