Windows 10: Microsoft Apps Photos, Paint 3D, etc glitch invisible top area

Discus and support Microsoft Apps Photos, Paint 3D, etc glitch invisible top area in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows version 21H1 but happened as well in 1809 and 2004.The Photos and Piant 3D apps are so far the only two I noticed this glitch on, they randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by E Almonte, Jul 8, 2021.

1. E Almonte Win User

Microsoft Apps Photos, Paint 3D, etc glitch invisible top area

Windows version 21H1 but happened as well in 1809 and 2004.The Photos and Piant 3D apps are so far the only two I noticed this glitch on, they randomly open up with the top bar or top window area missing, invisible, and you cannot click on where the window bar would normally be because it simply clicks on the background app if any is open.These screenshots show the issue.To MS advisors: Please do not tell me to run sfcscan or Dism or app reset, etc, tried all of that already, doesn't work.Graphics driver are Intel UHD, no other apps are affected by this, only the Microsoft Store apps mentioned

:)

E Almonte, Jul 8, 2021

2. Paint 3D app problem

Hi Laura, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you should repair your Paint 3D app

Firstly, try to reset this app. Follow the steps below:

1). Click on 'Windows key + I' together and open 'Settings'

2). Tap on Apps - Apps & features - Paint 3D - Advanced options

3). Tap on 'Reset'

Next, uninstall and reinstall Paint 3D app. Follow the steps below:

1). Click on the Start button

2). Type in 'Windows PowerShell' - right click on it - choose 'Run as administrator'.

3). Copy / paste the command below without quotes.

'Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.MSPaint | Remove-AppxPackage'

4). Click on Enter

5). Go to the Microsoft Store to download and reinstall the Paint 3D app.

NighthawkX, Jul 8, 2021
  3. microsoft 3d paint

There have not been any changes to the app that I know of. Microsoft updates files automatically. They recently updated adobe flash player and defender but I didn't think that had anything to do with paint 3d. As far as which app I use when coloring,
    I use the paint 3d app. I open a file on my computer that has the pictures. I have been doing this for a while now and all of a sudden, the fill-in option isn't there. That was one of the main things I used. I tried to run compatibility troubleshooting,
    but I cannot find the file where the program is located. It does not appear on the list supplied to choose from. Do you still need a screenshot? The 'fill in' bucket is not on the list of paint brushed.

Leigh_Hill, Jul 8, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

Paint 3D

Hi,

For us to isolate what could be causing this issue and better assist you, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Does this issue occur on other projects you are working on using Paint 3D?
    • Were there any recent changes done/updates installed on your system prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps to automatically scan and resolve any issue with Paint 3D. Kindly refer to this article to run the troubleshooter:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store: run the troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Apps Photos, Paint 3D, etc glitch invisible top area - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps Photos

2. Microsoft apps stopped working Paint 3D, Photos, Snip and sketch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps stopped working Paint 3D, Photos, Snip and sketch.: Hello,I've been experiencing issue latelly wtih microsoft apps. At first I discovered my issue after trying to open Photos. The error File System Error -2147219196 showed up then I tried to reinstall photos thru Powershell and now I can't reinstall Photos anymore.Here is a...
  3. Microsoft apps stopped working Paint 3D, Photos, Snip and sketch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft apps stopped working Paint 3D, Photos, Snip and sketch.: Hello,I've been experiencing issue latelly wtih microsoft apps. At first I discovered my issue after trying to open Photos. The error File System Error -2147219196 showed up then I tried to reinstall photos thru Powershell and now I can't reinstall Photos anymore.Here is a...
  4. Shapes turning invisible in Paint 3D?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shapes turning invisible in Paint 3D?: I was working on this model for an upcoming game of mine, so I saved it as a 3D model so that I could use it for later. When I saved it, however, it gave me a crash error. It still saved the file, but now when I open it in Paint 3D, it looks like this: You can tell that the...
  5. Shapes turning invisible in Paint 3D?

Shapes turning invisible in Paint 3D?: I was working on this model for an upcoming game of mine, so I saved it as a 3D model so that I could use it for later. When I saved it, however, it gave me a crash error. It still saved the file, but now when I open it in Paint 3D, it looks like this: You can tell that the...
  6. Windows Photo App no longer linked to Paint 3D

Windows Photo App no longer linked to Paint 3D: There used to be a button that linked directly to Paint 3D Where the circling is that i used to crop screenshots to show to my friends, but since it isn't there I have to copy the png into Paint 3D, so it wont save over the screenshot and I have to make another png. The...
  7. Paint 3D glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D glitch: When I tried to erase something it didn't make it transparent- it made it white! How do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-glitch/1f3fe2d9-d275-42d6-a0fb-d053341a9355
  8. Paint 3D glitch

Paint 3D glitch: When I tried to erase something it didn't make it transparent- it made it white! How do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-glitch/1f3fe2d9-d275-42d6-a0fb-d053341a9355
  9. Microsoft Store and Included apps such as Paint, 3D Viewer, etc will not open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Included apps such as Paint, 3D Viewer, etc will not open.: I am hoping I do not have to re-install. Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 I have tried everything see below and I believe by the logs that the apps are missing on my PC so they cannot reinstall. They will flash open ultra quick and close. This is what I have...
  10. Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D

Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D: I really don't know what y'all did to break them, but since the last Windows 10 update, the select and crop functions in both Paint and Paint 3D are broken. I can't select a portion of the image without the selection box skittering across the screen, basically rendering the...