Windows 10: Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them

Discus and support Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'll apologize ahead of time if the category is wrong and such. Have a bunch of weird issues I have been trying to fix for the last 6 hours for a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stealthunt3r, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them

I'll apologize ahead of time if the category is wrong and such. Have a bunch of weird issues I have been trying to fix for the last 6 hours for a game I just wanted to try out. So sorry it they're marked incorrectly.

I Installed Phantasy Star online 2 through the Microsoft store. Everything was fine until I changed the graphics settings and then the game threw me an error when I tried to play. Went to the Windows app folder and when I tried launching it through the folder I got told I didn't have permissions which I don't understand why seeing how my account has administrator and everything else was working fine. I spent some time trying to fix the permissions I thought my account already had and then the Microsoft store stopped opening. It would launch and then immediately close. Eventually I couldn't open any other folders in the WindowsApps for a bit but I got around it to an extent. Any Microsoft Apps like the Store, Xbox companion app, Skype, all of them will launch and then immediately close. It's only Microsoft apps like those that don't work. Everything else on my pc launches fine and I have permissions. However, If I move something out of any folders in WindowsApps, I can't move them back. There's also an issue of when I switch permissions around and apply it, I get errors saying it can't give permissions to certain files.

Eventually I decided to just delete the folder with Phantasy Star but now I get an error 0x80070780 cannot be accessed by the system when every other folder in there I can open. Even resetting the apps don't work at all either. So I thought I would uninstalled the store next, however I didn't realize there was no way to download an .exe or .msi to reinstall it so I have zero ways of accessing the storeunless I missed something hopefully? or I believe the need to reinstall windows 10 in which case that is completely and utterly ridiculous.

I've tried changing permissions, tried to assign groups to have admins via cmd and powershell, but being told they have it already or access is denied. I signed into a different account with admin and still the same thing. The last thing I want to to do is reinstall windows 10 and/or have to wipe my PC. Everything else is working fine and I have permissions and such. I've looked stuff up and things that could possibly resolve it don't work or I don't have the permissions on an admin account.... I have no issue of just never using those apps again at this point. But does anyone know anything else that I can maybe try or do other then reinstalling everything. I wouldn't be against making another account if I could merge my accounts together, but that option is grayed out for me. Never really had any issues with windows 10 other then an odd update or two messing messing with my pc. Is there possibly anything else I can possibly try to resolve this?

Thank you ahead of time for any assistance that's provided!

:)

Stealthunt3r, Jun 3, 2020

2. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Jun 3, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 3, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them

1. Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them - Similar Threads - Microsoft apps stop

2. Microsoft store apps not launching any of them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps not launching any of them: So, I tried to launch Halo yesterday, an app that I got on the Microsoft store. It didn't respond for 10 minutes and then gave me a windows error pop up saying "Can't open app, look in the store for more info" the store tells me nothing but the product description. Today I...
  3. Microsoft store app doesn't launch even after updates, signing in Microsoft account &...

Microsoft store app doesn't launch even after updates, signing in Microsoft account &...: Microsoft store app doesn't launch even after updates, signing in Microsoft account & resetting windows. Clearing cache is not working either since it is giving error message. Tried registering through power shell and command prompt as per other threads on this forum. Any...
  4. Microsoft apps store doesn't launch

Microsoft apps store doesn't launch: I have a brand new surface go but can't use it. Microsoft app store doesn't work. So darn expensive device and not working as expected. Need some assistance. Regards, Alvin...
  5. Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission: Hi, the integrated microphone on my Lenovo IdeaPad C-340 under Windows 10 used to work fine, I could participate in ZOOM calls without a problem. Then suddenly, it stopped working. When I go to the sound settings, I see that the microphone works, because the volume bar of...
  6. no permissions to system apps with Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no permissions to system apps with Microsoft account: I signed in to pc with Microsoft account and when I search in the search box for User Account Control or any other system apps , I get error message that I don't have appropriate permission , though I am administrator help me fix because I need Microsoft account for your...
  7. Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Microsoft Store doesn't launch: As the title says, Microsoft Store will not launch. Windows is up to date. I cannot open the app settings to do a cache reset. I have tried to use the PowerShell commands, but get an error message: "Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D04, The signature...
  8. Microsoft Store doesn't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store doesn't launch: Microsoft Store and many other Microsoft apps (like Photos) don't launch at all, I have tried many suggested solution through internet but nothing worked! Please help.....
  9. Microsoft store doesn't launch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store doesn't launch...: I have this bug: when i click on the icon of the store, for some seconds it shows but after it crashes without an error..can you guys help me? submitted by /u/matteo_834 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3j0ry/microsoft_store_doesnt_launch/
  10. File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?: In trying to start Adobe After Effects, "After Effects can’t continue: Standard 3D module is missing." appears after "Cleaning Up" disappears from the splash screen. After clicking Ok on the error, the splash screen goes away and I get this dialog box: "After Effects can't...