Windows 10: Microsoft Apps Stopped Working

Discus and support Microsoft Apps Stopped Working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, For a while now my microsoft store apps have stopped working Calculator, Xbox, etc.. The apps don't even show up in the apps and features list... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by iOmni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. iOmni Win User

Microsoft Apps Stopped Working

Hello,

For a while now my microsoft store apps have stopped working Calculator, Xbox, etc.. The apps don't even show up in the apps and features list in settings. Here's some things I've tried already:

-wsreset.exe, the program ran but it didn't fix anything

-Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocationAppXManifest.xml”}. on cmd, the error reads "'Get-AppXPackage' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

-sfc /scannow on cmd, it tells me that some of the problems couldn't be solved and to look in the logs for further instruction, but I don't know what to do with it

-Updated Windows to latest version

I would paste my sfc /scannow log here, but I don't know how.

Any help is appreciated, been having this issue for a while but it has only heavily affected me now.

:)

iOmni, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Microsoft Apps Stopped Working

Microsoft Apps are not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, I suggest you to check if there are any updates available for the apps in Windows Store.

If the issue still persists, suggest you to create another user account and check for status.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Apps Stopped Working

1. Microsoft Apps Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps Stopped

2. Microsoft Store App stopped working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App stopped working Windows 10: Good day all.I have been having issues with the Microsoft Store App in Windows 10. This issue seems to be very common and has been around for a while now. The issue seem to occur from a series of updates installed after the '2023-04 Update For Windows 10 Version 20H2 For x64...
  3. Microsoft Store App stopped working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App stopped working Windows 10: Good day all.I have been having issues with the Microsoft Store App in Windows 10. This issue seems to be very common and has been around for a while now. The issue seem to occur from a series of updates installed after the '2023-04 Update For Windows 10 Version 20H2 For x64...
  4. Microsoft Store App stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App stopped working: Good day all.I have been having issues with the Microsoft Store App. This issue seems to be very common and has been around for a while now. The issue seem to occur from a series of updates installed after the '2023-04 Update For Windows 10 Version 20H2 For x64 KB5013624'....
  5. Microsoft Store App stopped working

Microsoft Store App stopped working: Good day all.I have been having issues with the Microsoft Store App. This issue seems to be very common and has been around for a while now. The issue seem to occur from a series of updates installed after the '2023-04 Update For Windows 10 Version 20H2 For x64 KB5013624'....
  6. All Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Microsoft apps have stopped working: I can't seem to get anything from Microsoft store or the Xbox app to work. I can't download any updates from the store and the Xbox app can't launch any games. I uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall but it just gets stuck on the window "Making things awesome". Has...
  7. default apps stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    default apps stopped working: After April update, default apps stopped working. How can I fix the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps-stopped-working/236e81ce-f0cd-48ce-9c12-c83a42310a63
  8. Microsoft Store and all Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and all Microsoft apps have stopped working: Everything was working fine until recently. Now all MS apps such as photos, videos, mail, skype, and anything downloaded from the store won't open. The store itself won't even open. I have tried EVERY solution posted online and no luck. After running the troubleshooter, this...
  9. Win10 apps stopped working

Win10 apps stopped working: This happened a few days ago, maybe a week, the Win10 native apps stopped working. The image viewing app doesn't work, Mail doesn't work, Calendar doesn't work... I haven't checked the others yet, but I'm sure the answer is it don't work. "There is a problem with mail....
  10. Apps stop working.

Apps stop working.: Hi, In the Reliability Monitor it claims that Photo App - stopped working. I used it briefly and closed it down and saw no evidence of any problem but as stated above the Monitor claims it stopped working. Am I closing it down incorrectly; I use the close button 'X' top...