Windows 10: Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In

Discus and support Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently reset my PC for a fresh start. Now any apps connected to Microsoft, including Excel, Edge, Feedback Hub, Mail and even games like Forza... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KDWP9, Sep 20, 2022.

1. KDWP9 Win User

Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In

Recently reset my PC for a fresh start. Now any apps connected to Microsoft, including Excel, Edge, Feedback Hub, Mail and even games like Forza Horizon 5 that require sign-in do not allow me to add any accounts. I cannot add an account to Windows. The only response it gives me is "sorry, this was probably our fault" or "please try again later" with no error codes. I am frankly out of ideas, and some of these apps are ones I've been using and still need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

KDWP9, Sep 20, 2022

2. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 20, 2022
  3. Windows 10 won't allow me to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message when you try to Switch to Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to start the "Microsoft account sign in assistant" service and check if it helps. If its already started then stop it and restart the service.To do so,follow the steps below:

• Type services in the search bar.
    • Select Microsoft account sign in assistant service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      and click stop to stop the service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      again and click restart to start the service.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a local admin account and then switch to microsoft account and check if it helps:

Please follow the link below:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Follow the steps below to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In

Pre-installed Office apps on Lumia 950xl do not allow editing

The following steps worked for me (don't ask me how or why Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In :( ):

• Click any office app on windows phone.
    • In the screen, it shows New, Browse & recent files. It also shows my name/account at the top-right.
    • Clicking on you name/account at top-right shows 2 accounts associated with this application.
      • Personal Account
      • Official Account
    • Clicking on any of these accounts, only gives an option to sign-out.
    • Since Microsoft Support technical team suggested that I reset my device. I did not want to reinstall all the apps, take backups & then reconfigure all of these again after the reset, unless it was the only option left.
    • With no better option, I clicked sign-out on both the accounts listed in step 4 above. I then signed in with my official account. I was able to create new Office documents now.
    • I logged-in to my other personal account also now. My office app still worked & allows me to access onedrive associated with both my personal & business accounts.

I was facing the same issues & even had multiple calls with Microsoft Support & waiting for a resolution.

Going through the above thread, I realized that multiple Microsoft accounts (personal & office) are associated with these apps. When I signed out of both these accounts from within the app & signed back in, I was able to edit using the office apps.

Hope this helps!

Arvind-Tiwari, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In

1. Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps Allow

2. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  3. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  4. Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?: When I try to sign in to my account in the Microsoft store, it says that I am not connected to the internet, when I obviously am. I cannot send feedback about this issue, because I would need to download an app from the microsoft store, which I cannot do since I cannot sign...
  5. Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly: I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11. I am trying to sign in on the Mail app so that I can access emails etc. My Microsoft account appears image 1 and everything appears to work fine image 2. However, after everything is "signed in" it just gives me the option...
  6. Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly

Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly: I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11. I am trying to sign in on the Mail app so that I can access emails etc. My Microsoft account appears image 1 and everything appears to work fine image 2. However, after everything is "signed in" it just gives me the option...
  7. Allow no Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow no Microsoft apps: I think I have windows 11. I want to change where I can download apps from but there isn't even a place for me to do so. I have gone to the place where everyone on Google says but it just isn't even there....
  8. Allow no Microsoft apps

Allow no Microsoft apps: I think I have windows 11. I want to change where I can download apps from but there isn't even a place for me to do so. I have gone to the place where everyone on Google says but it just isn't even there....
  9. Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In: Recently reset my PC for a fresh start. Now any apps connected to Microsoft, including Excel, Edge, Feedback Hub, Mail and even games like Forza Horizon 5 that require sign-in do not allow me to add any accounts. I cannot add an account to Windows. The only response it gives...
  10. Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In: Recently reset my PC for a fresh start. Now any apps connected to Microsoft, including Excel, Edge, Feedback Hub, Mail and even games like Forza Horizon 5 that require sign-in do not allow me to add any accounts. I cannot add an account to Windows. The only response it gives...