Windows 10: Microsoft Apps will not work after update

Discus and support Microsoft Apps will not work after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to open most on my Microsoft apps after recent updates. The computer is telling me that I am signed in as a temporary profile. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarrickLontine, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Microsoft Apps will not work after update

I am unable to open most on my Microsoft apps after recent updates. The computer is telling me that I am signed in as a temporary profile. I have been signing in like I normally would before the update. All of my files went to a temp file under C and users then my name. COuld someone please help me get this all figured out.

:)

MarrickLontine, Jul 9, 2020

2. Microsoft Apps are not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, I suggest you to check if there are any updates available for the apps in Windows Store.

If the issue still persists, suggest you to create another user account and check for status.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Microsoft Apps will not work after update

Microsoft Store App

Hi James,

Since running the troubleshooter for Windows app didn't work, we suggest resetting Windows Store by following the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Type Apps & features on search box/Cortana and click on it.
    • Look for Microsoft Store app and click on Advance options.
    • Click Reset button and retest.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Apps will not work after update

1. Microsoft Apps will not work after update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps update

2. Microsoft Apps Not Working After Windows Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Apps Not Working After Windows Update Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, I can't execute roughly 80% of apps. In addition, I lost items on my HP laptop home screen. I tried available updates again and it didn't work. Any suggestions will be appreciated....
  3. Microsoft apps not working after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft apps not working after reset: Hi I have a big issue, after I reset due to an issue xbox app won't open, nor will GameBar. Other Ms apps like calculator, calendar and mail don't open at all and photos has disappeared. I've tried everything and I'm on an expensive gaming pc please help. I've reset a few...
  4. Microsoft Apps Not Working After Windows Update Windows 10

Microsoft Apps Not Working After Windows Update Windows 10: So recently I updated my laptop, Update and Shut Down and the next day when I opened it, Cortana and Xbox Game Bar were not working, it was something like this: "There's a problem with Cortana, try reinstalling the application from it's original install location or contact...
  5. Some Microsoft Apps not working after Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Some Microsoft Apps not working after Windows Update: So a few weeks ago when I started my computer, there was a pop-up saying Cortana was updating something like that. I was using a Local Administrator Account But also some other Microsoft apps weren't working! Like MS Store, Photos, Clock, Feedback Hub and a few others. I...
  6. Some Microsoft Apps not working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Microsoft Apps not working after Windows Update: So a few weeks ago when I started my computer, there was a pop-up saying Cortana was updating something like that. I was using a Local Administrator Account But also some other Microsoft apps weren't working! Like MS Store, Photos, Clock, Feedback Hub and a few others. I...
  7. Some Microsoft Apps not working after Windows Update

8. Microsoft store and apps quit working after latest update

Microsoft store and apps quit working after latest update: I have lost access to my Apps, can't get to the Microsoft Store, even the Help App tries to start then shuts down. This occurred after the June 8th updates.I don't know if this can be solved--...
  9. Microsoft Apps not working after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Apps not working after 1909 update: Hey, My device was working fine until I updated it to the latest version available, build 1909. Now, no matter what, none of the windows apps open up. They just appear to open and close immediately. I contacted the microsoft technician through chat, they suggested to go for...
  10. apps not working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    apps not working after update: After a recent update, my laptop pc would not open any apps, including music, photos and even cd . I have contacted microsoft support, and despite re installing this and that and spending many many hours at the pc it is still not working correctly. Have a good anti virus...