Windows 10: Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator

Discus and support Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Im the family administrator 1st my son tried to install game through his account but the massage of "request permission appear to him" I got no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mohamed_Ramadan, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator

Im the family administrator

1st my son tried to install game through his account but the massage of "request permission appear to him"

I got no notification

so i tried to install it from my account on the PC with surprise of same massage

then i removed all the family safety option member by member

then same massage appeared

please help me to restore control on my PC

:)

Mohamed_Ramadan, Feb 5, 2021

2. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome

Also if you are an adult in your family and you are still having this issue do this.

• Ask for permission to use the program
    • go onto another web browser and log into the other email you or a family member uses
    • if you are not in the family tab add your self to the children's accounts
    • accept the request to use the program
    • then remove yourself from the children's account and into the adult section

Hope this helps.

NathanialJamieson, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Razorlan Win User

Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install
    is only a few weeks old. Several days ago, I ended up with a really annoying bug. Every time I start up the computer and log into Windows, I get the following error message:

Microsoft family features

Ask for permission

You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Cortana

Trace ID: 868Gj4oVN0+Kmu4G.1 (PFN:Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy)

This only happens when I first log in, not at any other time. I am not only an adult, but also the computer owner. I already checked, and my account does have user, administrator, and device owner permissions. The problem should not have anything to do
    with corrupt files because it is a new drive and a clean install less than a month old. All I can think is that perhaps I did something wrong when I was setting up app permissions during the initial install process since I don't like Cortana and didn't want
    to give it full access to my system. I am not sure what else to check, and I really do not want to do yet another Windows install since this one is less than a month old already. Does anyone have any suggestions for anything else I can check other than
    account types that I have not already checked?

Razorlan, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator

1. Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator - Similar Threads - Microsoft asking permission

2. Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox...: Cant open roblox because of this: Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox Im over the age limit and im not apart of a microsoft family...
  3. Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox...: Cant open roblox because of this: Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox Im over the age limit and im not apart of a microsoft family...
  4. Ask for permission first. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can get this....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask for permission first. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can get this....: I'm trying to buy an app from the microsoft store to watch a video I have on my laptop. Every time I try to buy it, it asks for my PIN, and then I get a pop-up saying "You'll need to ask an adult...". There's 2 buttons "Cancel" and "Ask Now". When I click "Ask Now" I get...
  5. Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself: Whenever I try to download something or buy anything it asks for parents permission. I left family group so how it is still asking for it?I'm 19 years young and I have my own life so how can I get rid of the adult thing?...
  6. Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself: Whenever I try to download something or buy anything it asks for parents permission. I left family group so how it is still asking for it?I'm 19 years young and I have my own life so how can I get rid of the adult thing?...
  7. Need adult permission when I'm an adult myself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. Asking for an adults permission

Asking for an adults permission: I am the adult in my Family Account why is it asking me to get permission for anything on my laptop? If this keeps up I will never use this again. It has happened a few times and it is for a stupid app. The sticky Notes App. This needs to get handled across the board. I am...
  9. Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account: I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install is only a few weeks...
  10. I'm an Adult (Microsoft family features)

I'm an Adult (Microsoft family features): [img] Ever since update KB4338819 dated 10/07/2018 I have been presented with this appearing on my computer screen after booting up, Windows 10 home Version 1803 build 17134.167,I have searched for remedies on how to correct this to no avail,The only solution that worked was...