Windows 10: Microsoft asking me to sign in with the wrong email address

Discus and support Microsoft asking me to sign in with the wrong email address in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; All of a sudden I was unable to save a document in microsoft word on my laptop. Was being asked to sign in over and over but was never asked for a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SandiParker, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Microsoft asking me to sign in with the wrong email address

All of a sudden I was unable to save a document in microsoft word on my laptop. Was being asked to sign in over and over but was never asked for a password - the sign-in box kept popping up over and over asking for an email address. There was a yellow triangle in the upper right corner with an explanation point. Clicking on that also prompted a sign-in box over and over. The email it was asking me to sign in with is not the email I use - I have an .msn email address that I use for everything and it was asking for my gmail account which I never use. I never registered any microsoft-related accounts with that. But I finally just re-set the password using the gmail address, and was then able to get in. However, I then signed out, and at that point was able to sign back in using my .msn email the password auto-loaded but I couldnt find that password stored in google chrome and don't remember what it is. Encountering further problems, I signed out again, and this time in order to get to this support site, although it accepted my .msn email, I had to type in the "new" password that I set with the gmail account! I am thoroughly confused and have no idea what is going on with these email addresses. I do not understand how my gmail account has become connected to microsoft. I have never used that email to register for anything microsoft-related!

:)

SandiParker, Jan 11, 2021

2. The suggested email address on sign-in at many sites, is wrong. How can I change it

Original Title: email address

The suggested email address on sign-in at many sites, is wrong. How can I change it

KenCrowther, Jan 11, 2021
  3. cheesus Win User
    Downloading and using Microsoft apps with work email address

I want to download apps from the Microsoft Store on my system. However, I only have a work e-mail address that I use for all my software, such as Onedrive, Outlook etc. When I want to download an app ... I get asked to sign in, followed by "That Microsoft account doesn’t exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."

When I choose to create one, I get the message "You can’t sign up here with a work or school email address. Use a personal email address, such as Gmail or Yahoo!, or get a new Outlook email address.".

Do I seriously need to log in with my private email account? Or do I really need two separate Email addresses to use apps etc, that will then not be synchronised? This seems highly inconvenient. Am I doing something wrong?
    (Using Win10 Home)

cheesus, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Microsoft asking me to sign in with the wrong email address

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft asking me to sign in with the wrong email address

1. Microsoft asking me to sign in with the wrong email address - Similar Threads - Microsoft asking sign

2. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete wrong email addresse: i have a wrong e mail with my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-wrong-email-addresse/aaf517b8-0e20-4ffa-9002-8210b8430171
  3. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete wrong email addresse: i have a wrong e mail with my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-wrong-email-addresse/aaf517b8-0e20-4ffa-9002-8210b8430171
  4. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wrong Microsoft account email address

Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  6. Wrong Microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  7. Wrong email address for signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  8. Wrong email address for signing in

Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  9. Wrong Email Address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong Email Address: M/Soft is telling me I need a fix to the system. When I try to accept it, M/Soft tells me they sent an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. There is no such email address or company that I know of. I need M/Soft to use the correct email address. Please help....
  10. Wrong email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong email address: I restored my computer programs and when setting starting windows I made a mistake with my email address which actually belongs to someone else. When starting my computer I apparently have the wrong pin number and password. While tryin trying to recover them they send the...