Windows 10: Microsoft authentication app not working with requests

Discus and support Microsoft authentication app not working with requests in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have my personal Microsoft account configured with two-factor authentication via the app on my Android mobile. It just doesn't work for my personal... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rob Nicholson (Home), May 27, 2019.

1. Microsoft authentication app not working with requests

I have my personal Microsoft account configured with two-factor authentication via the app on my Android mobile. It just doesn't work for my personal account but it does for a client's Office 365 account, i.e. the app is working, just not with my personal account. It says this but the request is never received by the app:

Microsoft authentication app not working with requests 6afb43b8-08bd-4953-a6d0-579aa132f0d5?upload=true.png

That's when logging onto a new Windows PC but the same happens when I try to logon to this website:

Microsoft authentication app not working with requests 94e4e0c1-155b-4f87-a6f2-88fbe2d65ea6?upload=true.png

If I switch to entering the code shown in the app and a text message, it works. It's just the (much handier) request mechanism that's not working.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

:)

Rob Nicholson (Home), May 27, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

Brink, May 27, 2019
  3. Ebojager Win User
    Microsoft 2 Step authentication on Android MROBE request

So I enabled 2 step authentication and downloaded the authentication apps on my Windows phone and my android tablet. When starting my tablet I get am authentication request for my Microsoft account from MROBE that says I need to authenticate. Any ideas
    what this MROBE thing does?

Ebojager, May 27, 2019
  4. hpholm Win User

Microsoft authentication app not working with requests

Microsoft 2 Step authentication on Android MROBE request

What does it say, when you tab 'What is this' next to the big MROBE letters - I assume this is what you wonder about?

Microsoft's account app for Android is not updated since 2014 and it only works with Microsoft accounts. Two-step authentication is an industry standard, this is why I suggest get the Google app instead.

--

Hans

hpholm, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft authentication app not working with requests

1. Microsoft authentication app not working with requests - Similar Threads - Microsoft authentication app

2. microsoft authenticator android app

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    microsoft authenticator android app: i have problem with this app when clicked on add personal account it is stuck there please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-android-app/f863b152-cddf-4ad7-9be5-2c6ae05a1334
  3. Authenticator App

Authenticator App: Hello, I would like to suggest to add a feature in the Microsoft authenticator application which enables the user to login into a session without using a password just like outlook or other Microsoft's services....
  4. Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello

Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello: Hi there, a) possible to use use the Microsoft Authenticator App in general for Window Hello? b) possible to use push notification (allow, decline) for desktop login? --> User types user name during windows login --> User gets a notification on the smartphone. --> User...
  5. Microsoft authenticator on Android Iris recognition not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft authenticator on Android Iris recognition not working: On 2 factor authentication requests sent to my Android (samsung Galaxy S8) a window pops up with "look here to use Iris recognition" or some similar text (don't recall right now), but the window then opens and closes repeatedly and quickly, making it next to impossible to key...
  6. Microsoft Authenticator

Microsoft Authenticator: How do I deactivate the Microsoft Authenticator on my computer login codes Windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator/7e089389-1ca5-4866-b33c-510634bdb186"
  7. App Microsoft Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Microsoft Authenticator: Hello, I'm came from chatting with a technical support on Microsoft, with not result about,.. What happen if you change your phone number using the Microsoft Authenticator App? Well, I know there is a lot of people with the same issue, with the two step verification. The...
  8. Microsoft Authenticator

Microsoft Authenticator: As usual nothing is a smooth setup with Microsoft. I have everything installed except when I touch the authenticator app icon on my iPhone 5SE it tells me to setup touch ID or passcode and go to settings to do this. I have played around with this, but without any luck....
  9. About microsoft Authenticator.

About microsoft Authenticator.: how to log in without a password using microsoft authenticator in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/about-microsoft-authenticator/0b7d95ac-8cbf-4f69-b82c-59e7bcbf6159"
  10. Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store: This is a Beta version of the Authenticator app and is only intended for internal testing purposes. The first step towards a world without passwords! After a quick Bluetooth sync, use this app to unlock your Windows 10 computer at work. Just open the app and tap on a...