Windows 10: Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications

Discus and support Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Howdy folks, I’m excited to share that you starting today, we will help you have more confidence and visibility into your personal Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications

Source: Microsoft Authenticator app—now sends security notifications - Microsoft Tech Community - 328281

:)

Brink, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

Brink, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Authenticator app for Apple Watch now in public preview

Source: Microsoft Authenticator companion app for Apple Watch now in public preview Enterprise Mobility + Security

Brink, Feb 4, 2019
  4. poit57 Win User

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications - Similar Threads - Microsoft Authenticator app

2. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  3. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  4. Require password before sending notification to Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require password before sending notification to Authenticator: A few times recently, I have been woken up in the middle of the night by Authenticator asking me to approve a login. Obviously, this wasn't me trying to log in, so I deny the request and my account remains secure, but I still got woken up and that gets me irritated. I do NOT...
  5. Require password before sending notification to Authenticator

Require password before sending notification to Authenticator: A few times recently, I have been woken up in the middle of the night by Authenticator asking me to approve a login. Obviously, this wasn't me trying to log in, so I deny the request and my account remains secure, but I still got woken up and that gets me irritated. I do NOT...
  6. Authentication app misses send code again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authentication app misses send code again.: I solved one of your most wanted bugs Windows and other apps and here I am again.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-setting-crashes-on-display-menu/d1dd11db-547f-4f9c-a848-7d9b3afaec95?page=5When I login in to the authentication app and try to sign...
  7. Authentication app misses send code again.

Authentication app misses send code again.: I solved one of your most wanted bugs Windows and other apps and here I am again.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-setting-crashes-on-display-menu/d1dd11db-547f-4f9c-a848-7d9b3afaec95?page=5When I login in to the authentication app and try to sign...
  8. Microsoft Authenticator App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator App: I use the microsoft authenticator app and accidentally set the app to locked, when I try to unlock it says use biometrics or enter passcode but there isnt anywhere to enter passcode and dont have biometrics in this phone so I cant unlock the app. Any ideas?...
  9. Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications: Yesterday, a user reported that she was no longer getting MS News notifications after the 1903 update. She couldn't even find MS News in the list of notification senders one sees after clicking "Manage Notifications". I am having the same problem. However, I tried turning...
  10. Mail app not sending notifications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not sending notifications.: So, when I set account syncing to "as items arrive" the app stops sending new email notifications and only works when its open which kinda defeats the purpose of notifications. It works fine when set to "every 15 minutes" but thats a little too much, I'd prefer something as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft authenticator app not giving popup

2. authenticator app shows code before click send notification

3. microsoft authenticator app notifications

4. microsoft authenticator app now sends security notifications,
  5. microsoft authenticator app—now sends security notificationsmicrosoft authenticator app—now sends security notifications