Windows 10: Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

Discus and support Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I've recently started using the Microsoft Authenticator app for my two work MS accounts. I also decided to add some personal accounts that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Natalia Żyluk, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

Hello,I've recently started using the Microsoft Authenticator app for my two work MS accounts. I also decided to add some personal accounts that are non-Microsoft to the app e.g. amazon, PayPal, non-MS mail etc by scanning QR codes from the website. All of them were added successfully and they all seem to work well with 2FA codes from the app. But I think I may have added some of them as 'add personal' accounts not 'other' in the app. And my point is: is that a big deal?Is choosing 'personal account' option applicable ONLY for MS accounts? At first glance, the only difference I see is that w

:)

Natalia Żyluk, Aug 29, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming to iOS

Source: Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming soon to an iOS device near you! Enterprise Mobility + Security

Brink, Aug 29, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming to iOS

Source: Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming soon to an iOS device near you! Enterprise Mobility + Security

Brink, Aug 29, 2022
  4. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

1. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal' - Similar Threads - Microsoft Authenticator non

2. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal': Hello,I've recently started using the Microsoft Authenticator app for my two work MS accounts. I also decided to add some personal accounts that are non-Microsoft to the app e.g. amazon, PayPal, non-MS mail etc by scanning QR codes from the website. All of them were added...
  3. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal': Hello,I've recently started using the Microsoft Authenticator app for my two work MS accounts. I also decided to add some personal accounts that are non-Microsoft to the app e.g. amazon, PayPal, non-MS mail etc by scanning QR codes from the website. All of them were added...
  4. Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App

Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App: Dear all,Is there a way I can recover a Personal Account that I have added previously on my Authenticator app? I accidentally deleted the account on my iOS device, and the problem is I did not have iCloud backup turned on at the point of time. Without this account, I am...
  5. Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App: Dear all,Is there a way I can recover a Personal Account that I have added previously on my Authenticator app? I accidentally deleted the account on my iOS device, and the problem is I did not have iCloud backup turned on at the point of time. Without this account, I am...
  6. Recovering deleted Personal Account from Microsoft Authenticator App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved: Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand if any personal information is stored by Microsoft when using the authenticator. In the app there is account information so...
  8. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved: Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand if any personal information is stored by Microsoft when using the authenticator. In the app there is account information so...
  9. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

10. Microsoft authenticator add personal account on android is broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft authenticator add personal account on android is broken: Hi, The option to add a personal account in microsoft authenticator is broken. Clicking it just results in a white screen. Please fix ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-add-personal-account-on/9eb8c5e6-b7fc-4f5d-b7bc-d4d47aea395b