Windows 10: Microsoft authenticator on Android Iris recognition not working

Discus and support Microsoft authenticator on Android Iris recognition not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On 2 factor authentication requests sent to my Android (samsung Galaxy S8) a window pops up with "look here to use Iris recognition" or some similar... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimSS_777, Feb 5, 2019.

1. JimSS_777 Win User

Microsoft authenticator on Android Iris recognition not working

On 2 factor authentication requests sent to my Android (samsung Galaxy S8) a window pops up with "look here to use Iris recognition" or some similar text (don't recall right now), but the window then opens and closes repeatedly and quickly, making it next to impossible to key in my screen lock PIN, which is the ONLY way I can get it to work, because Iris recognition is never successful in the second or so before the window disappears and reopens. it is really hard to get it to stop cyling and take my PIN, but once it accepts a digit or two, Iris recognition still will not work.

any help with this issue would be appreciated.

:)

JimSS_777, Feb 5, 2019

2. authenticator for android

Pair an authenticator app with your Microsoft account
    We won't use this to spam you - just to keep your account more secure.

Verify phone via:

An authenticator app works by generating a new security code every 30 seconds. Once you have an authenticator app installed on your smart phone and paired with your account, you can always get a code - even if you have airplane mode turned on, or are anywhere
    without cell service. Authenticator apps are available for many smart phones today, and most of them will work with your Microsoft account.

Just a few simple steps, and you'll be all set

• If you have a Windows Phone,
      get Microsoft's authenticator app
      . If you have an iOS, Android, or BlackBerry device, search your app store for an authenticator app.
    • Install the app and then open it.
    • Pair the app with your Microsoft account by scanning this bar code.

BrianFerguson59, Feb 5, 2019
  3. hpholm Win User
    Microsoft 2 Step authentication on Android MROBE request

What does it say, when you tab 'What is this' next to the big MROBE letters - I assume this is what you wonder about?

Microsoft's account app for Android is not updated since 2014 and it only works with Microsoft accounts. Two-step authentication is an industry standard, this is why I suggest get the Google app instead.

--

Hans

hpholm, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Microsoft authenticator on Android Iris recognition not working

Iris Recognition Gone???

SO I have my lovely new phone and I love it, a little glitch but I'm sure these things will be resolved over time, but here my issue, I was taking a lot of photos and my screen locked and when I went to unlock it the iris recognition was gone. I went
    into settings and saw that according to it, the Iris lock screen is still active but it's not?? So I removed it in settings and set it up again but there is still no Iris recognition on my lock screen??? only the pin ?????? Its brand new obviously its 950
    xl so whats up peeps??? Please help

Mightymonkey691, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft authenticator on Android Iris recognition not working

1. Microsoft authenticator on Android Iris recognition not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft authenticator Android

2. Microsoft authenticator app not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft authenticator app not working: I am trying to log on to my university portal and it is asking me to type in a code from the Microsoft authenticator app. I open my app and there are no codes there for me to get? I have uninstalled the app, deleted the account and re-created one... nothing is working?...
  3. Microsoft authenticator app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft authenticator app not working: I am trying to log on to my university portal and it is asking me to type in a code from the Microsoft authenticator app. I open my app and there are no codes there for me to get? I have uninstalled the app, deleted the account and re-created one... nothing is working?...
  4. Microsoft Services on Android Authentication

Microsoft Services on Android Authentication: having problems with various Microsoft services being accessed through the browser on Android.Similar behavior on 3 different Android browsers:ChromeEdgeBingCurrently trying to access Microsoft Learn on an Android tablet to complete different certification courses. When I log...
  5. Microsoft Authenticator for Android

Microsoft Authenticator for Android: I have tried to install Microsoft Authenticator on my Android phone. Utilizing the "Play Store", I select it for install, and the only indication displayed is the circling wheel with the statement "Pending". Could you please help. Mitch...
  6. Personal Vault on Android smartphone and Microsoft Authenticator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Vault on Android smartphone and Microsoft Authenticator: I am using Office 365 and Outlook on my Android smartphone. Also the OneDrive app is installed. Admittedly, I never launched the Android OneDrive app before: there was no need. Yesterday I did and tried to open my OneDrive Personal Vault from my smartphone. After...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator App on Android

Microsoft Authenticator App on Android: I have the authenticator app on Android, setup to use a personal Microsoft Account for recovery backup. I want to change the backup to use a different account. When I disable and re-enable the backup it never asks for an account. Instead it uses the previous account that...
  8. Microsoft authenticator add personal account on android is broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft authenticator add personal account on android is broken: Hi, The option to add a personal account in microsoft authenticator is broken. Clicking it just results in a white screen. Please fix ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-add-personal-account-on/9eb8c5e6-b7fc-4f5d-b7bc-d4d47aea395b
  9. Microsoft Authenticator App for Android Question

Microsoft Authenticator App for Android Question: Hi. I do not know if this is the right location, but I setup the Microsoft Authenticator App on my Android phone to allow me an alternative way to sign in to my Microsoft Account. I tried testing the App feature with my computer by logging out of Microsoft and logging back...
  10. microsoft authenticator android app

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    microsoft authenticator android app: i have problem with this app when clicked on add personal account it is stuck there please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-android-app/f863b152-cddf-4ad7-9be5-2c6ae05a1334

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms authenticator application face recognition

2. microsoft authenticator not working

3. microsoft authenticator not working in new phone