Windows 10: Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

Discus and support Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Patrik S_, May 8, 2022.

1. Patrik S_ Win User

Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand if any personal information is stored by Microsoft when using the authenticator. In the app there is account information so that I can find the right key but is that stored only locally on the mobile device? /Patrik

:)

Patrik S_, May 8, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Source: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, May 8, 2022
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    Microsoft Authenticator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to how the Microsoft Authenticator App works.

The Microsoft Authenticator app helps you sign-in to your accounts if you use two-factor verification. Two-factor verification helps you to access your accounts more securely, especially while viewing
    sensitive information. Because passwords can be forgotten, stolen, or compromised, two-factor verification is an additional security step that helps protect your account by making it harder for other people to break in.

You can use the Microsoft Authenticator app in multiple ways, including:

• Respond to a prompt for authentication after you sign in with your username and password.
    • Sign-in without entering a password, using your username, the authenticator app, and your mobile device with your fingerprint, face, or PIN.
    • As a code generator for any other accounts that support authenticator apps.

I suggest you refer to the article for more information on
    What is the Microsoft Authenticator app?and you may also
    refer to the article about Microsoft Authenticator app FAQ

However, let me point you in the right direction where you can get the appropriate assistance regarding this issue. I suggest you to post your query in
    Microsoft Authenticator App forums
    where we have expertise and support professionals.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, May 8, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Authenticator app version for Android and iOS - Sept. 3

Two factor authentication (TFA) is easy, convenient, and secure when you use Microsoft Authenticator. Use your phone, not your password, to log into your Microsoft account. Just enter your username, then approve the notification sent to your phone. Your fingerprint, face ID, or PIN will provide a second layer of security in this two step verification process. After youve signed in with two factor authentication (TFA), youll have access to all your Microsoft products and services, such as Outlook, OneDrive, Office, and more.

Microsoft Authenticator version 6.2108.5654 for Android

WHAT'S NEW
    • We're always working on new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. Make sure you stay updated with the latest version for the best authentication experience.

Source: Microsoft Authenticator - Apps on Google Play

Microsoft Authenticator version 6.5.82 for iOS

What's New:
    • We're always working on new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. Make sure you stay updated with the latest version for the best authentication experience.

Download: Microsoft Authenticator | App Store

Brink, May 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved - Similar Threads - Microsoft authenticator personal

2. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal': Hello,I've recently started using the Microsoft Authenticator app for my two work MS accounts. I also decided to add some personal accounts that are non-Microsoft to the app e.g. amazon, PayPal, non-MS mail etc by scanning QR codes from the website. All of them were added...
  3. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved: Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand if any personal information is stored by Microsoft when using the authenticator. In the app there is account information so...
  4. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved: Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand if any personal information is stored by Microsoft when using the authenticator. In the app there is account information so...
  5. Delete Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Personal Information: I have reset my laptop in order to sell it, but do not want to enter email and password. How do I bypass this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-personal-information/3122e683-27db-415e-a259-e79d3ad9191a
  6. Delete Personal Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Personal Information: I have reset my laptop in order to sell it, but do not want to enter email and password. How do I bypass this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-personal-information/3122e683-27db-415e-a259-e79d3ad9191a
  7. Delete Personal Information

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. gave personal information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    gave personal information: So i was browsing my computer and then i got a message that my computer has been hack. So there was a number and i called it. So the guy who i was talking said to open a site but before i did i check if it was a scam ,and it was .So i hung up. But now i am afraid because i...
  9. Personal Vault on Android smartphone and Microsoft Authenticator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Vault on Android smartphone and Microsoft Authenticator: I am using Office 365 and Outlook on my Android smartphone. Also the OneDrive app is installed. Admittedly, I never launched the Android OneDrive app before: there was no need. Yesterday I did and tried to open my OneDrive Personal Vault from my smartphone. After...
  10. Microsoft authenticator add personal account on android is broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft authenticator add personal account on android is broken: Hi, The option to add a personal account in microsoft authenticator is broken. Clicking it just results in a white screen. Please fix ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-add-personal-account-on/9eb8c5e6-b7fc-4f5d-b7bc-d4d47aea395b