Windows 10: Microsoft Authenticator service

Discus and support Microsoft Authenticator service in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor from a PC or tablet as a desktop application or a web site? I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JParsonv, Feb 20, 2019.

1. JParsonv Win User

Microsoft Authenticator service

Can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor from a PC or tablet as a desktop application or a web site? I found out that there is an app that works with smartphones. I mean TOTP – time-based One-time Password. Can you help?

:)

JParsonv, Feb 20, 2019
  2. poit57 Win User

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Microsoft Officially Launches Outlook.com

Outlook e-mail does not have Multi-factor authentication in the strictest sense - at least when compared to GMail. However if you try to change anything "personal" about your Microsoft/Live account, then it will ask for a temp code it texts to your phone.

So, yes and no in regards to your question. No, it doesn't require two-factor authentication to log-in, but if you go and try your change some "critical" account settings, it will ask you for a second step of verification. However, in regards to whether the e-mail service specifically offers two-step authentication for login; the answer would be no.

Solidstate89, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft Authenticator service

Migrate Microsoft Authenticator settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows.

Two-step verification helps protect you by making it more difficult for someone else to sign in to your Microsoft account. It uses two different forms of identity: your password, and a contact method. Even if someone else finds your password, they'll be
    stopped if they don't have access to your other devices or accounts.

For more information:

Refer: About two-step verification

We are sorry to say that this option is not available in Microsoft Authenticator. I would suggest you to leave a comment or feedback using the feedback app.

Your feedback is more important to us for improving the functionality and make the usage easy.

Give us feedback

Use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love, which features you could do without, or when something could be better.

• Go to Start
      enter the phrase
      Windows Feedback, then select
      Windows Feedback.

• See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as
      Microsoft Authenticator.

• If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, then select
      Upvote.

• If you don’t find any similar feedback, select
      Add new feedback, and choose a topic from
      Select a categoryand then
      Select a subcategory.

• Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Refer: Updates
    and feedback

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Authenticator service

1. Microsoft Authenticator service - Similar Threads - Microsoft Authenticator service

2. how to authenticate Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to authenticate Microsoft services: how to authenticate Microsoft services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-authenticate-microsoft-services/5c9fa3c3-8c37-4207-a6fc-bbdc577b85d9
  3. how to authenticate Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to authenticate Microsoft services: how to authenticate Microsoft services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-authenticate-microsoft-services/5c9fa3c3-8c37-4207-a6fc-bbdc577b85d9
  4. Microsoft Services on Android Authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Services on Android Authentication: having problems with various Microsoft services being accessed through the browser on Android.Similar behavior on 3 different Android browsers:ChromeEdgeBingCurrently trying to access Microsoft Learn on an Android tablet to complete different certification courses. When I log...
  5. microsoft authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft authenticator: I can't verify my authenticator app, I am locked out of my account and I have a new computer and I have changed my phone number. I tried to use the new form to get my hotmail account back but it keeps saying I need to approve microsoft authenticator app and I cant log into it...
  6. Minecraft "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services": This problem has been occurring from past 2 weeks. Whenever I to go join any server in Minecraft bedrock windows 10 edition it shows You need to authenticate to Microsoft services. I have tried signing out and signing back which didn't work I even uninstalled and reinstalled...
  7. Minecraft "authenticate to microsoft services"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft "authenticate to microsoft services": I had recently been playing on a bedrock realm with some friends. It worked perfectly find earlier today. I tried to join the realm just now and it keeps saying "you need to authenticate to kicrosoft services". I have no clue what to do, can somebody help?...
  8. Different Facial Authentication services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Facial Authentication services: Is it possible to use a different facial authentication service to login to my computer aside from Windows Hello? For example: https://www.rohos.com/products/rohos-face-logon/rohos-face-logon-free/ has been around for a long time that allowed you to unlock your computer with...
  9. Microsoft Authenticator

Microsoft Authenticator: I have MS Authenticator installed on a new iPhone 12 Pro Max. I also have it installed on my Pixel 4 XL. I setup my MS account on the iPhone last Saturday. I tested it numerous times using private browser sessions and then installed other accounts in the authenticator....
  10. How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor...

How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor...: I want to use Microsoft Authenticator to access sites that require the second authentication factor (TOTP – time-based One-time Password). I see that there is an app that it is only available for smartphones. How can I have that Microsoft Authentication service from a...