Windows 10: Microsoft Authenticator

Discus and support Microsoft Authenticator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,recently I have a problem using MS Authenticator. If I want to do something with my outlook.com account. If I want to do something with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 2Pospisil, Dec 1, 2021.

1. 2Pospisil Win User

Microsoft Authenticator

Hello,recently I have a problem using MS Authenticator. If I want to do something with my outlook.com account. If I want to do something with my outlook.com account, I always need to send a notification. In MSA it is necessary to confirm three times fingerprint and it still does not work. After entering the password everything works as before. Previously, it was only necessary to confirm the request. Now you need to enter the password first each time. I tried to remove the application from my phone and outlook.com account and then add it again, unfortunately the situation is still the same.I

:)

2Pospisil, Dec 1, 2021
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Microsoft Authenticator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to how the Microsoft Authenticator App works.

The Microsoft Authenticator app helps you sign-in to your accounts if you use two-factor verification. Two-factor verification helps you to access your accounts more securely, especially while viewing
    sensitive information. Because passwords can be forgotten, stolen, or compromised, two-factor verification is an additional security step that helps protect your account by making it harder for other people to break in.

You can use the Microsoft Authenticator app in multiple ways, including:

• Respond to a prompt for authentication after you sign in with your username and password.
    • Sign-in without entering a password, using your username, the authenticator app, and your mobile device with your fingerprint, face, or PIN.
    • As a code generator for any other accounts that support authenticator apps.

I suggest you refer to the article for more information on
    What is the Microsoft Authenticator app?and you may also
    refer to the article about Microsoft Authenticator app FAQ

However, let me point you in the right direction where you can get the appropriate assistance regarding this issue. I suggest you to post your query in
    Microsoft Authenticator App forums
    where we have expertise and support professionals.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Authenticator app version for Android and iOS - Sept. 3

Two factor authentication (TFA) is easy, convenient, and secure when you use Microsoft Authenticator. Use your phone, not your password, to log into your Microsoft account. Just enter your username, then approve the notification sent to your phone. Your fingerprint, face ID, or PIN will provide a second layer of security in this two step verification process. After youve signed in with two factor authentication (TFA), youll have access to all your Microsoft products and services, such as Outlook, OneDrive, Office, and more.

Microsoft Authenticator version 6.2108.5654 for Android

WHAT'S NEW
    • We're always working on new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. Make sure you stay updated with the latest version for the best authentication experience.

Source: Microsoft Authenticator - Apps on Google Play

Microsoft Authenticator version 6.5.82 for iOS

What's New:
    • We're always working on new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. Make sure you stay updated with the latest version for the best authentication experience.

Download: Microsoft Authenticator | App Store

Brink, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator

New Microsoft Authenticator version for Android and iOS - Oct. 12

Two factor authentication (TFA) is easy, convenient, and secure when you use Microsoft Authenticator. Use your phone, not your password, to log into your Microsoft account. Just enter your username, then approve the notification sent to your phone. Your fingerprint, face ID, or PIN will provide a second layer of security in this two step verification process. After youve signed in with two factor authentication (TFA), youll have access to all your Microsoft products and services, such as Outlook, OneDrive, Office, and more.

Microsoft Authenticator version 6.2010.6717 for Android

Source: Microsoft Authenticator - Apps on Google Play

Microsoft Authenticator version 6.4.39 for iOS

Download: Microsoft Authenticator | App Store

Brink, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Authenticator

1. Microsoft Authenticator - Similar Threads - Microsoft Authenticator

2. How do I sign in into my Microsoft 365 account with my authenticator app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I sign in into my Microsoft 365 account with my authenticator app?: I am able to sign into my Microsoft account, but I can't get through the identity verification. It keeps telling me to enter a code. I have access to my Microsoft Authenticator app, but it does not show me any codes. My app is not generating any codes for me to use."Enter the...
  3. How do I sign in into my Microsoft 365 account with my authenticator app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I sign in into my Microsoft 365 account with my authenticator app?: I am able to sign into my Microsoft account, but I can't get through the identity verification. It keeps telling me to enter a code. I have access to my Microsoft Authenticator app, but it does not show me any codes. My app is not generating any codes for me to use."Enter the...
  4. Transferring Microsoft Authenticator to a New Device Already Signed In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Microsoft Authenticator to a New Device Already Signed In: I encountered an issue while upgrading my phone and transferring all accounts to the new device. Despite logging into my Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device, I noticed that my profiles didn't transfer. Following online instructions, I backed up to the cloud....
  5. Transferring Microsoft Authenticator to a New Device Already Signed In

Transferring Microsoft Authenticator to a New Device Already Signed In: I encountered an issue while upgrading my phone and transferring all accounts to the new device. Despite logging into my Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device, I noticed that my profiles didn't transfer. Following online instructions, I backed up to the cloud....
  6. Microsoft Authenticator unknown sign in requests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator unknown sign in requests: When I start my Windows PC I get a logon on popup and a Authenticator request on my phone.I have more jobs and thus more MS work accounts and also a private MS account, but this request is for a work account that I should not use on this PC, so I want to kill the process/app...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator unknown sign in requests

Microsoft Authenticator unknown sign in requests: When I start my Windows PC I get a logon on popup and a Authenticator request on my phone.I have more jobs and thus more MS work accounts and also a private MS account, but this request is for a work account that I should not use on this PC, so I want to kill the process/app...
  8. Authenticity of the output of "Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticity of the output of "Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder": Hello,As part of an ongoing lawsuit, I need to produce certain content available in public domain. However, while producing I need to ensure the authenticity of the content submitted.For that purpose, I am thinking to use "Problem Step Recorder" to generate step by step...
  9. Authenticity of the output of "Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder"

Authenticity of the output of "Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder": Hello,As part of an ongoing lawsuit, I need to produce certain content available in public domain. However, while producing I need to ensure the authenticity of the content submitted.For that purpose, I am thinking to use "Problem Step Recorder" to generate step by step...
  10. HOW TO REMOVE AUTHENTICATOR FROM MY SCHOOL MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

HOW TO REMOVE AUTHENTICATOR FROM MY SCHOOL MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: I have tried to remove this authenticator from my school account so that I can access the notes on my Microsoft Teams but it isn't working... anytime I want to log into the account it opens up the authenticator and tells me that verification needs to be done and I have done...