Windows 10: Microsoft automatic updates

Discus and support Microsoft automatic updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I turn off and remove recent updates from my computer from Microsoft automatic updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Caught2, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Caught2 Win User

Microsoft automatic updates

How can I turn off and remove recent updates from my computer from Microsoft automatic updates?

:)

Caught2, Jun 29, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 29, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Microsoft automatic updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 29, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft automatic updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft automatic updates

2. Microsoft Store automatic updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store automatic updates: Hi everyone, I was installing some updates on Microsoft Store and accidentally closed the Store a few times - I'm worried now that any updates to apps it was doing will be faulty. I note that when I re-opened the Microsoft Store a while later all the updates had been...
  3. Microsoft Store automatic updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store automatic updates: Hi everyone, I was installing some updates on Microsoft Store and accidentally closed the Store a few times - I'm worried now that any updates to apps it was doing will be faulty. I note that when I re-opened the Microsoft Store a while later all the updates had been...
  4. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply: Every few days, Windows restarts my computer from hibernation and destroys hours of work, requiring searching and re-writing data sets which also takes hours.Microsoft needs to stop this vandalism. I want the updating, I don't want the damage. I should be in control of my...
  5. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply: Every few days, Windows restarts my computer from hibernation and destroys hours of work, requiring searching and re-writing data sets which also takes hours.Microsoft needs to stop this vandalism. I want the updating, I don't want the damage. I should be in control of my...
  6. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Automatic Microsoft laptop updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Microsoft laptop updates: When Microsoft updates my laptop automatically, all of the history from Ultimate Games is deleted. Can this be stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-microsoft-laptop-updates/925bbb08-2add-4bba-8f0a-17aab9079db9
  8. Automatic Microsoft laptop updates

Automatic Microsoft laptop updates: When Microsoft updates my laptop automatically, all of the history from Ultimate Games is deleted. Can this be stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-microsoft-laptop-updates/925bbb08-2add-4bba-8f0a-17aab9079db9
  9. Automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic updates: I am getting updated every day for Windows 10. How can I stop automatic updates and do them on my own? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-updates/602cff1b-fb0f-4ce5-946d-8d40aa9b9315
  10. Automatic Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Automatic Updates?: My general practice is to turn on our PC check for updates, allow any to process then browse or whatever. Then the PC is either put to sleep or turned off. Using this process I do not have automatic update processing therefore I assume either my PC must be left on or left on...