Windows 10: Microsoft Azure Free Education License

Discus and support Microsoft Azure Free Education License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently activated Windows 10 Education using a free license from the Azure portal formerly Microsoft Imagine for students. I'm wondering what the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by windows10user##, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Azure Free Education License

I recently activated Windows 10 Education using a free license from the Azure portal formerly Microsoft Imagine for students. I'm wondering what the limitations of such a license are and if the university from which I obtained it adds my personal PC to their network and can hence access all my files.

Thanks in advance.

:)

windows10user##, Dec 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 education version license key

Hi, how will I get the license key for windows 10 education version? I am a verified azure for students user.

Muhammad Asad Faizi, Dec 16, 2020
  3. I.Torres Win User
    Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible?

Hello, thanks to contact the Microsoft Community. My name is Israel Torres, I am an independent advisory

Yes, you can do it. but check this before:

Before you change to Windows 10 Pro Education, make sure you meet these requirements:

Devices must be running Windows 10 Pro, version 1607 or higher.

Devices must be Azure Active Directory joined, or domain joined with Azure AD Connect. Customers who are federated with Azure AD are also eligible. For more information, see Review requirements on devices.

If you haven't domain joined your devices already, prepare for deployment of Windows 10 Pro Education licenses.

The Azure AD tenant must be recognized as an education approved tenant.

You must have a Microsoft Store for Education account.

The user making the changes must be a member of the Azure AD global administrator group.

More information, at the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/education/wind...

I.Torres, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Microsoft Azure Free Education License

MS AZURE OS License for Students

Hey there!

So I connected with MS Azure via my University account and got access to different Windows OS Versions and even enabled 100$ to use over a certain period for software. I just bought a new laptop without OS that I primarily use for Uni and like to install
    Windows on it via USB stick.

My question is: When I graduate next spring, my Uni account will probably be deactivated (so is probably my connection to Azure Education). Will the Windows 10 license I downloaded (iso file) and installed on the laptop expire? Or is it a permanent license?
    Because I obviously like to use the laptop after my graduation, although it was primarily bought for educational purposes.

And is "Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 2004 - DVD" the correct version to boot and update to the latest Windows 10?

Neither University IT nor Azure Support could help me with this. I´d appreciate any answer.

Cheers, Seb

Sebastian Domke, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Azure Free Education License

1. Microsoft Azure Free Education License - Similar Threads - Microsoft Azure Free

2. KVM license and Azure E5 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KVM license and Azure E5 license: We are seeing some Surfaces that are coming from Dell that are being reimaged with Windows 10. They are not getting license from Azure E5 and are showing as it has gotten a digital license. After adding it to Intune, and while users are working, they are being prompted for...
  3. KVM license and Azure E5 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KVM license and Azure E5 license: We are seeing some Surfaces that are coming from Dell that are being reimaged with Windows 10. They are not getting license from Azure E5 and are showing as it has gotten a digital license. After adding it to Intune, and while users are working, they are being prompted for...
  4. Free support for Microsoft Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free support for Microsoft Azure: Hello. I was wondering if you could provide me with some assistance.My name is Jeff Scott. I am an Information Technology Instructor in the Application and Website Development AWD Program at Ranken Technical College https://ranken.edu in Wentzville MO.This semester one of my...
  5. Free support for Microsoft Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free support for Microsoft Azure: Hello. I was wondering if you could provide me with some assistance.My name is Jeff Scott. I am an Information Technology Instructor in the Application and Website Development AWD Program at Ranken Technical College https://ranken.edu in Wentzville MO.This semester one of my...
  6. Free support for Microsoft Azure

in Cortana
  7. Transfer Microsoft Education License to a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Microsoft Education License to a new PC: I upgraded my old laptop with Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 then upgraded it with the Windows 11 Edu license. I just got a new PC with a Windows 11 Home edition and I am wondering if I can transfer that Windows 11 Edu license I installed in my old laptop to this new PC with...
  8. Transfer Microsoft Education License to a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Microsoft Education License to a new PC: I upgraded my old laptop with Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 then upgraded it with the Windows 11 Edu license. I just got a new PC with a Windows 11 Home edition and I am wondering if I can transfer that Windows 11 Edu license I installed in my old laptop to this new PC with...
  9. Is Microsoft azure free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Microsoft azure free?: Hi, I'm wondering if microsoft azure is free, or has a free plan. And if it has a trial only for free, how long is the trial. Also, if i dont have a credit card, how do i sign up for it? I am asking cause i want to see if its true that they allow you to run windows on it. I...
  10. Windows 10 Education Free license.!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education Free license.!: I am looking for a Windows 10 Education to install on my new laptop. I've tried contacting MS support and activating my azure account with my University email but it seems it doesn't work. any help or suggestions will be appreciated. submitted by /u/bnodoma20 [link]...