Windows 10: Microsoft Azure VM, allow it to keep doing things even when rdp is disconnected

Discus and support Microsoft Azure VM, allow it to keep doing things even when rdp is disconnected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I want to set up the Azure VM that I have to keep running even after i disconnect from it through rdp. It seems to suspend whatever it's doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JasonHe54, Apr 17, 2021.

1. JasonHe54 Win User

Microsoft Azure VM, allow it to keep doing things even when rdp is disconnected

So I want to set up the Azure VM that I have to keep running even after i disconnect from it through rdp. It seems to suspend whatever it's doing whenever I end the rdp to that vm.

Is there a way to prevent this and keep the vm running and doing whatever I have it do even after disconnecting from it?

It is running Windows 10 PRo,v20H2, build 19042.928

:)

JasonHe54, Apr 17, 2021
  2. ferose354 Win User

windows 10 RDP disconnection issue

i have windows 10 laptop. i do RDP to windows and Linux machines in Azure cloud.

The RDP is through Cisco anyconnect VPN. using VPN, we connect to our office network first and then we connect to the Azure VMs.

intermittently the RDP is getting disconnection with the following error. sometimes it works for few mins and then disconnect. for some users, it disconnects immediately.

"Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end. Please try connecting to the remote computer again"

taking pcap on the local client, i see the client is sending Rest.

RDP event logs in Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RDPClient%4Operational say the any of the following: messages

RDPClient_SSL: An error was encountered when transitioning from TsSslStateHandshakeInProgress to TsSslStateDisconnecting in response to TsSslEventHandshakeContinueFailed (error code 0x80004005).

RDPClient_SSL: An error was encountered when transitioning from TsSslStateHandshakeComplete to TsSslStateDisconnecting in response to TsSSlNotifyUpperHandlerFailed (error code 0x80004005).

if i disconnect from VPN, no RDP disconnection and its smooth.

any clue about what this error means?

ferose354, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Home 1903 build RDP to Azure issue

Good afternoon Community,

We are having an issue with Windows 10 Home edition 1903 build. This is a rare occurrence and can be rectified by completely reloading windows, however that is a horrible resolution to give our customers.

Case - **Side Note If you attempt to connect to a Remote Desktop Connection using an IP address the connection is successful and works with no issues.

In our case we currently have 5 Azure VMs so all our customers connect to an RD Broker to be distributed to the most available VM. Some users with Windows 10 Home (1903 build) attempt to connect to the RDP (azure VM) and everything looks normal until you're
    at "Estimating Quality" then the connection closes. No error message, not nothing. It just closes the RDP connection every time. We have another Windows 10 home (1903) on the same network sitting next to the trouble machine and it works as should.

Anyone have an idea we should look into? The login works on other machines. All updates for RDP protocol 8.1 have been installed on this machine. At a loss on this one.

Azure Support will not assist because this is a Windows 10 Home PC. Microsoft Support wants us to pay for them to help us.

Michael Allen (mallen), Apr 17, 2021
  4. Microsoft Azure VM, allow it to keep doing things even when rdp is disconnected

Unable to disconnect from Azure AD after account login issues

Been having an issue with one of our systems that is Azure AD joined, we seem to be experiencing the issue with accounts claiming that the password is incorrect. We are running and Insider Preview build (18346.19h1) on this system, so know to expect a couple
    of issues, but wanted to get others thoughts on it before we reload the system.

Steps taken so far are:

• try other Azure Users, same error
    • create and login with a local account
    • disconnect and reconnect to Azure AD
    One of the issues being that we cannot disconnect the system. The disconnect button warns of the consequences, then proceeds to do nothing.

Any other troubleshooting steps to try or is it time to wipe and reload?

richardthompson21, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Azure VM, allow it to keep doing things even when rdp is disconnected

1. Microsoft Azure VM, allow it to keep doing things even when rdp is disconnected - Similar Threads - Microsoft Azure allow

2. MIcrosoft azure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MIcrosoft azure: Is there anyway I can get 3 months free trial of azure without credit card or phone number. P.S I have changed the topic to random because none is related to Microsoft azure...
  3. Microsoft Keyboard Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Keyboard Keeps Disconnecting: I have a brand new Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard for Business 5KV-00001 . Every five minutes it loses its Bluetooth connection. If I take out the battery and restart it, it will work for another five minutes. I ran the surface diagnostic tool without success. What...
  4. RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly: I have 3 computers (a HP Desktop, a LENOVO AIO Desktop and a HP Laptop) all running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1909. I connect remotely to both desktops from the HP Laptop. However, the HP Desktop remote connection disconnects only if I minimize the window. There is no...
  5. RDP connection disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP connection disconnects: Hi, I use RDP to connect to a windows terminal server and for 5 years never had any issues until now. As of a few days my session cuts off and the window closes after a few minutes of having a successful connection. I restart the connection again and it just happens...
  6. RDP to Azure AD joined computer

RDP to Azure AD joined computer: I am trying to connect to a remote computer that is Azure AD joined. Both the client and host computer are running Windows 10 version 1809. Currently I am connecting without NLA to be able to authentication myself, but I would like to connect with NLA. According to this...
  7. Moving SharePoint From VM to Azure

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving SharePoint From VM to Azure: Hi, We have SharePoint site set up on two servers serving as App, Web and SQL servers on a VM. Are there any issues when moving to the Azure Environment? Do we have to reinstall the App and web server? Any issues with security accounts? Thanks...
  8. Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session: Hello, I have my desktop at home setup so that I can use Windows Remote Desktop to remote into it and do work. When I'm done, I usually just close the RDP session window, leaving my computer at home logged in, but locked (because I have other server processes running). If...
  9. Ms Azure costs / licensing and VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Ms Azure costs / licensing and VM's: Hi there has anybody got an idea on roughly what the monthly cost of the Azure Cloud service is for say a home user or a small (individual sole trader) type of business. Basically to run 2 VM's with a small amount of e-commerce. Looking at Ms's licensing- you'd need a...
  10. After Windows 10 Upgrade RDP Keeps Disconnecting?

After Windows 10 Upgrade RDP Keeps Disconnecting?: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my home PC and now every time I connect to this PC from another PC I can use it for a bit and then all of a sudden it disconnects and when I try to log back in it then doesn't connect anymore. Then when I actually go to this PC again I...