Windows 10: Microsoft Azure Windows 10 Education activation key no longer working

Discus and support Microsoft Azure Windows 10 Education activation key no longer working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today i successfully upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Education using the activation key from a Microsoft Azure account i got from my university. A few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexandre Klabunde, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Microsoft Azure Windows 10 Education activation key no longer working

Today i successfully upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Education using the activation key from a Microsoft Azure account i got from my university.

A few day ago i started getting notifications on my computer saying that i had to update my Windows 10 and i ended up doing the update after i upgraded to Windows 10 Education. The update took a couple of hours and after it finished my computer was using an unactive Windows 10 Home.

I tried upgrading it back to Windows 10 Education but the key no longer works and when i try to get a new key from Azure it gives me the same key.

How can i get a new activation key?

:)

Alexandre Klabunde, Mar 31, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Windows 10 education version license key

Thanx for your reply Dave. I was provided with Microsoft Azure education account formerly Dreamspark that offers free windows 10 education to be downloaded by the students. Unfortunately I am unable to find a serial and activation key in the package.

Muhammad Asad Faizi, Mar 31, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Microsoft Azure Windows 10 Education activation key no longer working

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

A little info on this.
    Your keys from TechNet or MSDN are and can be Retail, OEM, Static Activation, Multiple Activation, Custom, or other.
    You can go to your TechNet site and sign in.
    Then click on the "Export to XML" link at the top right hand side of the key chart.
    When you open this; there will be a column the shows the "Product Key Type".

Example (Keys block out, of course):

Microsoft Azure Windows 10 Education activation key no longer working xmlkeys-png.png

Here is an MS chart of the Key meanings from Product Keys and Activation for MSDN site... the key meaning, also, applies to the now defunct TechNet Keys.

Chart from the page:

Microsoft Azure Windows 10 Education activation key no longer working keytypes-png.png

EDIT:
    You do not need to be on a MS account any longer... you can be just a local user.
    As long as you are connected to the internet they can find you.

Also, this may help explain some... as, it applies to the activation of Windows 10, too.

Microsoft quietly rewrites its activation rules for Windows 10

Click link above to read more.

95Viper, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Azure Windows 10 Education activation key no longer working

1. Microsoft Azure Windows 10 Education activation key no longer working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Azure Education

2. Windows 10 activation no longer working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation no longer working: Last year I purchased the windows 10 pro key through the Microsoft storeFor a whole year everything was working fine. Today I built myself a new computer and I moved my ssd from the old one and installed a fresh copy of windows. After multiple updates and restarts I come to...
  3. Windows 10 activation no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activation no longer working: Last year I purchased the windows 10 pro key through the Microsoft storeFor a whole year everything was working fine. Today I built myself a new computer and I moved my ssd from the old one and installed a fresh copy of windows. After multiple updates and restarts I come to...
  4. Windows 10 activation no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Azure for students Windows 10 Education Product key

Azure for students Windows 10 Education Product key: Hi there.I have a laptop with a Windows 10 Home SL digital license, but I would like to use the full Windows capabilities. So I am going to upgrade my Windows 10 edition to "Education" with product key, provided by Azure for students subscription. Since the topic of...
  6. Microsoft Azure Free Education License

Microsoft Azure Free Education License: I recently activated Windows 10 Education using a free license from the Azure portal formerly Microsoft Imagine for students. I'm wondering what the limitations of such a license are and if the university from which I obtained it adds my personal PC to their network and can...
  7. Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working

Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working: Hi there...I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop, and just became a part time student again. I received a Key to upgrade my Home edition to Educational, but at the "Enter a product key" prompt to "Change product key," I'm getting an error stating that the product key I've...
  8. free activation key for windows 10 education

free activation key for windows 10 education: i live in iran and i could not buy your original windows i would like to activate windows 10 education and i have a free activation key that i don't pay for it.i would be most grateful if your company permit me to use it. there is no need to do anything just i would like to...
  9. Windows 10 key no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 key no longer works: After installing the new Windows update on 8/7/19 or 8/8/19, my windows key will not validate. My computer starts like normal, but I have a message in the bottom right corner of my screen. When I try to validate my copy of windows, which is legit and I bought from Best Buy a...
  10. Windows 10 Education Activation no longer valid??

Windows 10 Education Activation no longer valid??: For some bizarre reason the computer I installed Windows 10 Education on (~3 months ago) is now telling me "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device. If you think it wasn't used on another device, select troubleshhot...