Windows 10: microsoft based apps have a placeholder image instead of icon and I can't figure out how to...

Discus and support microsoft based apps have a placeholder image instead of icon and I can't figure out how to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a couple of weeks all of my Microsoft based apps have been showing up as the default placeholder image for windows i will also note that in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EvanMorgan2, Apr 26, 2019.

1. microsoft based apps have a placeholder image instead of icon and I can't figure out how to...

For a couple of weeks all of my Microsoft based apps have been showing up as the default placeholder image for windows i will also note that in my files the pictures and videos I have on my pc show up with the same placeholder image as well I don't have any viruses because I've done scans with my esemicrosoft based apps have a placeholder image instead of icon and I can't figure out how to... [​IMG]t

:)

EvanMorgan2, Apr 26, 2019

2. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Apr 26, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 26, 2019
  4. rokitrod Win User

microsoft based apps have a placeholder image instead of icon and I can't figure out how to...

Photos appear as placeholders or icons

Why on some web pages do photos not appear? They are replaced with an icon or placeholder type image that looks like a page with the bottom right folded over. My example is the hgtv.com web page where the photo on the top of the page is fine but photos below
    appear as described.

rokitrod, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

microsoft based apps have a placeholder image instead of icon and I can't figure out how to...

1. microsoft based apps have a placeholder image instead of icon and I can't figure out how to... - Similar Threads - microsoft based apps

2. How to show actual images in Windows folders instead of placeholder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show actual images in Windows folders instead of placeholder icons: Is there a setting to change so I can see the actual jpg or other actual images in a windows folder? All I can see are the placeholder icons; I want to see the actual images....
  3. How to show actual images in Windows folders instead of placeholder icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show actual images in Windows folders instead of placeholder icons: Is there a setting to change so I can see the actual jpg or other actual images in a windows folder? All I can see are the placeholder icons; I want to see the actual images....
  4. Image placeholders instead of thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image placeholders instead of thumbnails: Lenovo Yoga 7 laptop, Win11 64-bit.I've noticed that on my new computer, whenever I wish to insert an image into an email etc, all I get to choose from are image placeholders with the filenames. No thumbnails. This makes it a bit difficult to choose the right image. What can...
  5. Image placeholders instead of thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image placeholders instead of thumbnails: Lenovo Yoga 7 laptop, Win11 64-bit.I've noticed that on my new computer, whenever I wish to insert an image into an email etc, all I get to choose from are image placeholders with the filenames. No thumbnails. This makes it a bit difficult to choose the right image. What can...
  6. I can't figure it out . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't figure it out . .: I accidentally unpinned Google, from my taskbar.So I deleted, and reinstalled it.After reinstalling it. I realized.There was something I had to do.I created a folder, named storage.I put everything in that folder, as a backup.But, after putting just a few things in there.It...
  7. Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.: [ATTACH] The title is pretty self explanatory. The two middle apps are WhatsApp Desktop and Spotify, both of them where downloaded from the Microsoft Store. I've already deleted the icon cache and the issue persists....
  8. System Icon that I can't figure out what it is.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Icon that I can't figure out what it is.: [ATTACH] Lately I have been seeing this icon down by the clock and can't figure out what it is. When I move the mouse over it it goes away. Unknow system icon submitted by /u/wsb6740 [link] [comments]...
  9. I have a problem and I can't figure out why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a problem and I can't figure out why: I have recently realized that everytime I open up the settings, my whole screen turns pitch black (like not even open black) but when it is opened up in windowed, my screens just as fine. I think I may have messed with something that I can't think of right now but it will be...
  10. I can't figure this out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't figure this out?: I have three folders, in this order. Movies - Videos - Pictures. Movies and Pictures, display a list. But, the Videos folder, has a a problem . . . When I open the Videos folder, the list is there, but the list has lines separating the video files, with, this week, last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. image placeholder instead of image appears on web page