Windows 10: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter after installing NVIDIA GTX 1050M drivers

Discus and support Microsoft Basic Display Adapter after installing NVIDIA GTX 1050M drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just had to re-install my Windows 10 installation because for some unknown reason it totally got messed up (while my Kubuntu installation on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VinceDB, Mar 4, 2019.

1. VinceDB Win User

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter after installing NVIDIA GTX 1050M drivers

I've just had to re-install my Windows 10 installation because for some unknown reason it totally got messed up (while my Kubuntu installation on the same machine kept running happily.) The problem is my resolution is stuck at 800x600, even after installing the NVIDIA drivers. The device manager shows two display adapters, the MS Basic Display Adapter and the NVIDIA one. I've tried disabling the basic one, but that does not fix the problem and in addition breaks the NVIDIA control panel. I've read online, running Windows Update might help, but I get an error saying it cannot reach the update servers. Running 'sfc /scannow' shows no integrity errors being found. Again, the graphic card works fine on Linux with demanding applications. Any hints?

:)

VinceDB, Mar 4, 2019

2. Update Microsoft Basic Display Adapter for Nvidia Geforce

I have installed Nvidia Geforce GTX 870M on my Alienware (Dell) computer but the Microsoft Basic Display adapter can't find the PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1199&SUBSYS_05511028.

That should be the address to Nvidia cards, but still, only Microsoft Basic Display is in the list of devices.

I've tried to install any and many of Nvidia drivers, but none of them have the right address in their INF-files. Still messages saying Nvidia installer cannot continue, or, Driver not compatible (because the Microsoft BD can't find the card).

Can I uninstall the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter or at least Update so it can find the right address to Geforce GTX 870M driver?

I simply need a driver for Nvidia Geforce GTX870M that have the "10DE" and "1199" and "05511028" in their Driver INF-files so the Microsoft driver for Basic Display can fint it!

Carl BengtStahl, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Laptop started using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and not my Intel and Nvidia drivers.

-Whenever i open Dxdiag, under display i shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Under the render tab, i shows my Nvidia GTX 960m.

-Whenever I open my games, it won't use the Nvidia GPU ( I have tried setting my nvidia control panel o high performance and manually added my games to the list).

-Whenever I open Device Manager -> Display Drivers, it only shows 1) Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and 2) Nvidia GTX 960m (It does not show my intel driver)

-I have tried reinsalling the drivers

-I have tries troubleshooting the drivers

PLEASE HELP.

MartinAfable, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Glushe Win User

Two Drivers in Device Manager (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter + Nvidia Gtx 1060 driver)

I have two drivers in my device manager one is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and one from Nvidia how do I fix this? Or should I have them two?

I tried updating Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and it says that the best drivers are already installed? What should I do?

Glushe, Mar 4, 2019
  5. hello Glushe
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter must be replaced with intel or AMD
    one from Nvidia is dedicated graphics card .

At first windows 10 boots to desktop , computer uses only Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to integrated GPU . after installing the intel or amd graphics software then it will replace Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
    and again if we installed nvidia graphics software it will replaces 3D render device

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 9, 2019
  6. noramlly it ;looks like this
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter after installing NVIDIA GTX 1050M drivers add.JPG

7. Microsoft Basic Display adapter can't find the PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1199&SUBSYS_05511028. because microsoft does not have inf file , But it have display.sys file

more over you not installed either intel or amd graphics software, If you install means , microsoft display adapter will replace to intel or amd

If you find any 3D render device will yellow mark means that the nvidia deviec , so try to update the driver using inf file , inf file is stored in nvidia graphics software.

the number "10DE" belongs to nvidia and "1199 belongs graphics device ID

from my asus laptop
    i have intel hd graphics 620
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_1A001043&REV_02
    and nvidia geforce 940mx
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_134D&SUBSYS_142E1043&REV_A2

Thema:

1. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter after installing NVIDIA GTX 1050M drivers - Similar Threads - Microsoft Basic Display

2. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  3. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  4. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter: microsoft basic display adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-adapter/c3f88116-72f2-480d-93dc-9b37b5c4b807
  6. Microsoft Basic display adapter

Microsoft Basic display adapter: Hi folks,first of all I wanna say I know this question has been asked a lot but after many tries I still haven't found a fixAfter updating my drivers with driver booster and a restart I noticed my NVidia drivers were replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"I have tried...
  7. NVIDIA GeForce GT640 & Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA GeForce GT640 & Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Issue: Hello, My first post here, and I'm no computer scientist, so please understand my lack of understanding. I have a HP Pavilion p6774y I purchased new MANY years ago. In the middle of December, I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) to Windows 10 Pro (x64) ver. 1909. It had...
  8. Microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft basic display adapter: The name of GPU is not shown in device manager, it's showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER. And when I try to upgrade GPU DRIVERS it's told best drivers are already installed. And Nvidia installer cannot continue is also being written when I try to install it by Nvidia...
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: I have a GTX 1050ti but device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter i tried updating it but it didn't work i tried updating my OS to Windows 10 but it still shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" i tried plugging my graphics card to other computers it works but it...
  10. Nvidia issue - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Nvidia issue - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: Hi, I have a ThinkPad Lenovo W530 with a Nvidia Quadro K2000M graphic card and Windows 10 don't recognize it well. I've installed the last drivers and I can see it in the Device Manager, but DxDiag shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. How can I fix this? P...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i try to install nvidia video driver but computer uses a microsoft one

2. nvidia 970 stuck on basic display driver

3. gtx 760 microsoft basic display adapter

4. gtx 1650 microsoft basic display adapter,
  5. GTX 1050 but basic display driver,
  6. windows 10 install nvidia driver over basic display adapter,
  7. nvidia gtx 1060 cannot use primary display after install,
  8. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_1A001043&REV_02