Windows 10: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter causing constant crashing. Code 31

Discus and support Microsoft Basic Display Adapter causing constant crashing. Code 31 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer has been constantly crashing when I try to play games for over 10 minutes and giving error codes that lead me to the Microsoft Basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Riley Thuringer, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter causing constant crashing. Code 31

My computer has been constantly crashing when I try to play games for over 10 minutes and giving error codes that lead me to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I have tried updating and rolling back my drivers multiple times but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

:)

Riley Thuringer, Dec 6, 2022
  2. chak1001 Win User

[code 31] microsoft basic display adapter not working

Hi everyone, thank you for your help in advance.

I have a hp pavilion dm3 laptop, after updating to windows 10 I found the following problems. my computer is running on a 32 bit operating system.

1. Cannot extend monitor to dual monitor.

2. Found code 31 when I look into device manager after expanding "display adapters" - microsoft basic display adapter.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

Please help me. Thank you very much.

chak1001, Dec 6, 2022
  3. [code 31] microsoft basic display adapter not working

I have a Dell N5110 15R laptop and i too updated to windows 10 on 8 August. I too have exactly the same problem. Everything running in 32 bit, display 1024*768 instead of 1366*768 and microsoft display driver not working.

This is what it says in "Device Manager":

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

Same problem. Please resolve.

vipultomar, Dec 6, 2022
  4. rss81 Win User

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter causing constant crashing. Code 31

Microsoft basic display adapter not loading

I get the following error in device manager:

Code:
    I'm confused as I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 running two monitors. The monitors seem to work fine. Why is the Microsoft basic display adapter being loaded in the first place (what's using it?) and how do I get it to work?

Is there a better forum to post this question on?

rss81, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter causing constant crashing. Code 31

1. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter causing constant crashing. Code 31 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Basic Display

2. microsoft basic display adapter error code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter error code 31: Hello,I exchanged my old graphic card with a new one and then I got this error code.microsoft basic display adapter error code 31:"This device is not functioning properly because it cannot load the necessary drivers for the device. Code 31The driver attempting to start is not...
  3. microsoft basic display adapter error code 31

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft basic display adapter error code 31: Hello,I exchanged my old graphic card with a new one and then I got this error code.microsoft basic display adapter error code 31:"This device is not functioning properly because it cannot load the necessary drivers for the device. Code 31The driver attempting to start is not...
  4. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31: Lately I’ve been experiencing constant crashes after every 20~ minutes of gaming, at first I thought it was the new Nvidia gpu update then I tried the older versions and i still kept crashing, and I noticed an exclamation mark next to my Microsoft basic display adapter in the...
  5. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31: Lately I’ve been experiencing constant crashes after every 20~ minutes of gaming, at first I thought it was the new Nvidia gpu update then I tried the older versions and i still kept crashing, and I noticed an exclamation mark next to my Microsoft basic display adapter in the...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31: Hello, I am having an issue with my desktop computer. In dxdiag the following message is displayed under display 1:There is a problem with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 31' My PC specs are as...
  7. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31: Hello, I am having an issue with my desktop computer. In dxdiag the following message is displayed under display 1:There is a problem with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 31' My PC specs are as...
  8. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter causing constant crashing. Code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter causing constant crashing. Code 31: My computer has been constantly crashing when I try to play games for over 10 minutes and giving error codes that lead me to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I have tried updating and rolling back my drivers multiple times but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?...
  10. Microsoft basic display adapter code 31

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft basic display adapter code 31: Microsoft basic display adapter code 31And I tried to install intel graphic card same error code 31 showing with same messageError msg"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31 The ALPC message requested is...