Windows 10: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter does not support monitor ASUS VZ239h Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Basic Display Adapter does not support monitor ASUS VZ239h Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently changed to a new monitor ASUS VZ239H aspect ratio 16:9 via a VGA connection. Before that I was using a 4:3 DELL monitor. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yang21, Jan 9, 2021.

1. yang21 Win User

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter does not support monitor ASUS VZ239h Windows 10

I recently changed to a new monitor ASUS VZ239H aspect ratio 16:9 via a VGA connection. Before that I was using a 4:3 DELL monitor.

The problem is not able to change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 therefore the display is stretched horizontally.

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter does not support monitor ASUS VZ239h Windows 10 6bc248f1-c6b9-4291-a43c-33a4fb20432f?upload=true.jpg

May I know if I need to download a VGA driver or otherwise? what should i do?

Below is some of the DxDiag info. I am not tech-savvy, please please help.

Thank you very much!!

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/30/2020, 19:31:32

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 32-bit 10.0, Build 19041 19041.vb_release.191206-1406
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc
    System Model: Dimension E521
    BIOS: Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG type: BIOS
    Processor: AMD Athlontm 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: Your PC is using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. For the best experience, get the latest drivers from Windows Update or from your hardware manufacturer's website. For more information search for 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Manufacturer: Standard display types

Chip type: NVIDIA

DAC type: NVIDIA Corporation

Device Type: Display-Only Device POST

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0241&SUBSYS_01ED1028&REV_A2

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADEDDN_STARTEDDN_DISABLEABLEDN_NT_ENUMERATORDN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 991 MB

Dedicated Memory: 0 MB

Shared Memory: 991 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 32 bit 64Hz

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Topology: Internal

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Color Primaries: Red0.639648,0.330078, Green0.299805,0.599609, Blue0.149414,0.059570, White Point0.312500,0.329102

Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: VZ239

Monitor Id: AUS23CC

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080p 60.000Hz

Output Type: Other

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported

Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP

Advanced Color: Not Supported

Driver Name: c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\basicdisplay.inf_x86_0e40767f5de695ba\basicdisplay.sys

Driver File Version: 10.00.19041.0001 English

Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1

DDI Version: 12

Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.3

Hardware Scheduling: Supported:False Enabled:False

Graphics Preemption: DMA

Compute Preemption: DMA

Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver

Detachable GPU: No

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported

Power P-states: Not Supported

Virtualization: Not Supported

Block List: No Blocks

Catalog Attributes: N/A

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 6/21/2006 8:00:00 AM, 46592 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown

Device Identifier: {D7B71AF4-43CC-11CF-9261-616AAFC2C735}

Vendor ID: 0x1414

Device ID: 0x008C

SubSys ID: 0x00000000

Revision ID: 0x0000

Driver Strong Name: display.inf:10809047d4324726:MSBDA:10.0.19041.1Microsoft Basic Display Adapter does not support monitor ASUS VZ239h Windows 10 :pCI\CC_0300

Rank Of Driver: 00FB2006

Video Accel:

DXVA2 Modes: Unknown

:)

yang21, Jan 9, 2021

2. microsoft basic display adapter

VGN-FS570, clean install from xp to win 10 having a problem the graphic display, only seeing microsoft basic display adapter, not getting the full screen of the display, cannot change the adapter, tried
    to install adapter, not supported by your device

the problem is cannot change microsoft basic display adapter, not getting full screen on display, also seeing a yellow arrow on the adapter in device manager, was able to get full screen when using win xp. how do i fix this problem,
    I have tried numerous technique without success

CurtisClaxton, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Asus laptop randomly freezing, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter questions

Hi Nachogold,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the exact model number of your ASUS laptop as there are two model numbers here:
      Q504UA (Q504UA and (Q504UAK)?
    2. How are you installing the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver?

If you are using ASUS Q504UA, then I suggest you to go to
    Q504UA > Choose
    Q504UA under Please select your CPU or BIOS model name > Choose
    Windows 10 64-bit under Please select OS > Download the
    Intel Graphics Driver Version V20.19.15.4404 and install it.

Check if you are able to adjust the brightness after installing the Intel Graphics Driver.

You can also use the Fn + F5 keys to decrease the display brightness and use the
    Fn + F6 keys to increase the display brightness

You may also refer Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    and [Notebook]Troubleshooting for random system freeze and slow performance to improve the performance of your
    computer.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 9, 2021
  4. miwabo Win User

No Display after Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

I could not adjust the brightness of my monitor using Windows 10. I found a website (How to fix Windows 10 brightness control not working issue) which suggested that I change my display's driver to Microsoft Basic Display
    Adapter. However, as soon as I accepted that option, both of my screens went black and now they will not show a display. The lights on the front of both are flashing, so I know they're on. I've also never had a problem with either screen before. I've tried
    disconnecting the screens, reconnecting only one, and resetting my computer, but no luck.

miwabo, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter does not support monitor ASUS VZ239h Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Basic Display

2. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?: Hello Comunity?I have a problem with my graphics AMD Radeon R5. With the updated driver the laptop freezes for a second every 3/4 second aaaaaaallllll the time!!!Imagine having a computer that freezes every 3 seconds for 1 second, nonstop. It's very frustrating. You cant do...
  3. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?: Hello Comunity?I have a problem with my graphics AMD Radeon R5. With the updated driver the laptop freezes for a second every 3/4 second aaaaaaallllll the time!!!Imagine having a computer that freezes every 3 seconds for 1 second, nonstop. It's very frustrating. You cant do...
  4. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter: microsoft basic display adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-adapter/c3f88116-72f2-480d-93dc-9b37b5c4b807
  6. Microsoft Basic display adapter

Microsoft Basic display adapter: Hi folks,first of all I wanna say I know this question has been asked a lot but after many tries I still haven't found a fixAfter updating my drivers with driver booster and a restart I noticed my NVidia drivers were replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"I have tried...
  7. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support issues.

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support issues.: I have been spending a whole week trying to update my NVIDIA graphics card but I came to a conclusion that the issues of my drivers not being updated is because of the Microsoft display adapter. This is the message I receive once I install it: This device is not working...
  8. Microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft basic display adapter: The name of GPU is not shown in device manager, it's showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER. And when I try to upgrade GPU DRIVERS it's told best drivers are already installed. And Nvidia installer cannot continue is also being written when I try to install it by Nvidia...
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: I have a GTX 1050ti but device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter i tried updating it but it didn't work i tried updating my OS to Windows 10 but it still shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" i tried plugging my graphics card to other computers it works but it...
  10. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (No ACPI Support)

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (No ACPI Support): I accidentally deleted my graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770) from the device manager. I tried to install it again using add legacy hardware in device manager but the driver was called "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (No ACPI Support)". I tried to install it, but it said...