Windows 10: Microsoft basic display adapter missing / No brightness slider

Discus and support Microsoft basic display adapter missing / No brightness slider in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a desktop computer with a MSI monitor a week ago and I realized that the Basic Display Adapter does not appear in the device manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ramonezzz, Oct 13, 2018.

1. ramonezzz Win User

Microsoft basic display adapter missing / No brightness slider

Hi,

I bought a desktop computer with a MSI monitor a week ago and I realized that the Basic Display Adapter does not appear in the device manager, instead I only have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.

I might be wrong but I think that is the reason why the brightness slider is missing from the Display Settings.

Is there any chance of installing the driver manually?

Thank you.

:)

ramonezzz, Oct 13, 2018
  2. lmhjcr Win User

Missing brightness Icon in the windows 10 action center.

I have tried the suggestions listed as well with no luck. There is no slider showing like they show in the link at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

and I have no light icon in the notifications section of windows 10 either.

I have even tried changing the display adapter driver to the Microsoft Basic Display Display Adapter and then checking for updates to that as well as the installed display adapter which is also Nvidia.

Why isn't there any way to simply adjust the brightness or to get that icon or slider on our computers? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Is this option only available on laptops and those with desktops can no longer adjust the brightness
    or is this an issue with those that have upgraded to windows 10?

lmhjcr, Oct 14, 2018
  3. No Display after Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Hi,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to change the brightness on your device?

Make sure that you are able to access the display on your device to follow the below troubleshooting step.

I suggest you to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website, place the computer in Safe mode with Networking, uninstall the existing drivers, re-install the new drivers manually and check if it helps.

Step 1: Boot the device to Safe mode and uninstall the existing drivers and restart the computer.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to Uninstall the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.

Refer to the article by Ander Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows
    try to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of changing the brightness for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2018
  4. kbecc98 Win User

Missing Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Hi,

The Microsoft Basic Display Adapter on my laptop is missing. Where can I get hold of a copy?

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC **

kbecc98, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft basic display adapter missing / No brightness slider - Similar Threads - Microsoft basic display

2. MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!: Hello,I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for my pc on windows 11.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote:"I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me. Before...
  3. MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!: Hello,I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for my pc on windows 11.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote:"I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me. Before...
  4. Microsoft Basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Basic display adapter: Hi folks,first of all I wanna say I know this question has been asked a lot but after many tries I still haven't found a fixAfter updating my drivers with driver booster and a restart I noticed my NVidia drivers were replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"I have tried...
  5. There is no brightness slider in Display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is no brightness slider in Display: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/8bkha21si4d61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=da451a5977cccc2a049d8d749e78ab2de7b9be0a submitted by /u/mikailiqmal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3h8co/there_is_no_brightness_slider_in_display/
  6. Brightness slider missing.

Brightness slider missing.: I am using Windows 10 and my brightness slider suddenly disappeared. Also I can not adjust the display brightness from anywhere else not even the brightness function keys. I checked the Monitors and display adapters drivers and they are up to date. Any help? Thanks!...
  7. Brightness Slider Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Slider Missing: [IMG] Brightness slider disappeared windows 10 Home,1909 I did Graphic Drivers Updated went to action center used function keyUp, Down and display off but my problem not fix yet, everywhere I found how to fix this... Please Help Me!!!...
  8. Brightness slider missing

Brightness slider missing: Got a new laptop only 5 days ago and windows auto-updated and now I can’t turn up the brightness past 25%. The keys won’t work and the slider is missing. Any fixes I’ve found from Microsoft won’t work, what the hell is going on? How do I fix this? Edit: it won’t detect the...
  9. Microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft basic display adapter: The name of GPU is not shown in device manager, it's showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER. And when I try to upgrade GPU DRIVERS it's told best drivers are already installed. And Nvidia installer cannot continue is also being written when I try to install it by Nvidia...
  10. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: I have a GTX 1050ti but device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter i tried updating it but it didn't work i tried updating my OS to Windows 10 but it still shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" i tried plugging my graphics card to other computers it works but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft basic display adapter brightness