Windows 10: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support issues.

Discus and support Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support issues. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been spending a whole week trying to update my NVIDIA graphics card but I came to a conclusion that the issues of my drivers not being updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pat565, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Pat565 Win User

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support issues.

I have been spending a whole week trying to update my NVIDIA graphics card but I came to a conclusion that the issues of my drivers not being updated is because of the Microsoft display adapter. This is the message I receive once I install it:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31

Object Name not found.

I tried uninstalling and updating, resetting my computer, using a DDU to clear all my drivers. Nothing works! I think it has a corrupted path since the driver location is "unknown". Is there any way to restore this driver ? I looked into the registry but I do not feel comfortable messing with the files and just want to be able to use my graphics card again.

:)

Pat565, Mar 25, 2021

2. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (No ACPI Support)

I accidentally deleted my graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770) from the device manager. I tried to install it again using add legacy hardware in device manager but the driver was called "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (No ACPI
    Support)". I tried to install it, but it said the parameter was incorrect. Where did my graphics card go? It is on, the fans are spinning, but the HDMI port and the card itself doesn't seem to work.

VarenBautista, Mar 25, 2021
  3. microsoft basic display adapter

VGN-FS570, clean install from xp to win 10 having a problem the graphic display, only seeing microsoft basic display adapter, not getting the full screen of the display, cannot change the adapter, tried
    to install adapter, not supported by your device

the problem is cannot change microsoft basic display adapter, not getting full screen on display, also seeing a yellow arrow on the adapter in device manager, was able to get full screen when using win xp. how do i fix this problem,
    I have tried numerous technique without success

CurtisClaxton, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support issues.

NVIDIA GeForce GT640 & Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Issue

Hello,
    My first post here, and I'm no computer scientist, so please understand my lack of understanding.

I have a HP Pavilion p6774y I purchased new MANY years ago. In the middle of December, I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) to Windows 10 Pro (x64) ver. 1909. It had many failures attempting to upgrade until I disabled the Driver Signature requirment. Then it went through smoothly. When I upgraded I was still using the integrated ATI/AMD HD4200 GPU. Since then I have tried to upgrade my GPU with NVIDIA.

According to HP, the BIOS on my motherboard cannot be updated any further than it is now. The BIOS is 6.11. Because of that, I am limited to NVIDIA GT6xx cards or "smaller". I have upgraded the CPU to a 1065T and the power supply to 600W.

I used DDU to remove the AMD/ATI drivers and put in the most recent (441.66) NVIDIA driver. Installed a NVIDIA GeForce GT640 card, and it has not worked properly yet. I have been talking to NVIDIA tech support for days. Their recommendation is to try the card in a different PC for testing. Not really an option for me.

Here is a brief list of what I see:

The Display Adapter shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
    The drivers, hardware IDs, manufacturer, etc all show NVIDIA.
    Hardware Acceleration is not enabled (possibly because it is showing as Microsoft BDA)
    The aspect ratio is wrong (large black boarder around image on screen)
    I see from GPU-Z that there is no memory, yet the card is supposed to have 2GB
    The NVIDIA drivers installation went smoothly with no "hiccups"...It "saw" the NVIDIA card.
    The NVIDIA Control Panel will not open. (d/l'd from the Microsoft Store). When you click on it in the APPS panel, nothing happens MOST of the time. On RARE OCCASION I will get the "legaleese" window, but never further than that.

I have screen shots of info from both the Device Manager and GPU-Z

I obviously would like to get Windows to fully recognize the NVIDIA card (I have another one being delivered, because this one might just be bad ie. no memory instead of 2GB).

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support issues. [​IMG]

NicholasBadding, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support issues.

1. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support issues. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Basic Display

2. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?: Hello Comunity?I have a problem with my graphics AMD Radeon R5. With the updated driver the laptop freezes for a second every 3/4 second aaaaaaallllll the time!!!Imagine having a computer that freezes every 3 seconds for 1 second, nonstop. It's very frustrating. You cant do...
  3. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?: Hello Comunity?I have a problem with my graphics AMD Radeon R5. With the updated driver the laptop freezes for a second every 3/4 second aaaaaaallllll the time!!!Imagine having a computer that freezes every 3 seconds for 1 second, nonstop. It's very frustrating. You cant do...
  4. Microsoft Basic Display AdapterNo Acpi Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display AdapterNo Acpi Support: I accidentally deleted my GPU driver so I go to "Add legacy hardware/Device" and I saw "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No Acpi Support" I tried everything to reinstall the drivers but nothing works I've tried DDU, resetting my PC, Booting to safe mode etc... Nothing works...
  5. Microsoft Basic Display AdapterNo Acpi Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Basic Display AdapterNo Acpi Support: I accidentally deleted my GPU driver so I go to "Add legacy hardware/Device" and I saw "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter No Acpi Support" I tried everything to reinstall the drivers but nothing works I've tried DDU, resetting my PC, Booting to safe mode etc... Nothing works...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display AdapterNo Acpi Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (No ACPI Support)

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (No ACPI Support): I accidentally deleted my graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770) from the device manager. I tried to install it again using add legacy hardware in device manager but the driver was called "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (No ACPI Support)". I tried to install it, but it said...
  8. Nvidia issue - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Nvidia issue - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: Hi, I have a ThinkPad Lenovo W530 with a Nvidia Quadro K2000M graphic card and Windows 10 don't recognize it well. I've installed the last drivers and I can see it in the Device Manager, but DxDiag shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. How can I fix this? P...
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter issue: Hi all, I have a brand new setup with the below: OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Processor: AMD Ryzen Quad Core 3.6 GHz Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti DirectX: Version 12 But for some reason the system only recognizes the Microsoft Basic Display...
  10. Basic Display Adapter Issue

Basic Display Adapter Issue: I have a problem with my newly upgraded old laptop to windows 10 pro. The display is not good, the video is fragmented and sometimes freezing. I have checked all the drivers in the device manager and updated all but still no changes. In the display adapter the driver is named...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no acpi support