Windows 10: Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

Discus and support Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kristinefrayres, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I don't what it meant. How can I see the screen when this is the graphics on my laptop? I badly need help. Thank you

:)

kristinefrayres, Mar 19, 2022
  2. AJP1118 Win User

Display Driver reverts to Windows Basic Display Adaptor After Update

I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 730 Graphics Card. I was running three monitors on it at the highest resolution yesterday.

I updated Windows 10 last night. Now the only one monitor works at 640x480 resolution. I noticed that the Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is listed as my display driver on Device Manager.

I have attempted to update the driver by allowing Windows to search for an updated driver. It "found" one, installed it, reset the computer, and nothing happened. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is still the driver on Device Manager.

I downloaded the last driver from Nvidia using their driver install program. The program installed a driver, reset the computer, and nothing changed. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is still the driver on Device Manager.

I then manually selected the Nvidia driver just installed from the "Update Driver" option for Display adaptors. Computer reset and nothing changed. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is still the driver on Device Manager.

I have also attempted to revert the system settings before the Windows update by uninstalling the updates. No luck there either.

What is the issue? Is there a problem with the new driver?

AJP1118, Mar 19, 2022
  3. microsoft basic display adapter

VGN-FS570, clean install from xp to win 10 having a problem the graphic display, only seeing microsoft basic display adapter, not getting the full screen of the display, cannot change the adapter, tried
    to install adapter, not supported by your device

the problem is cannot change microsoft basic display adapter, not getting full screen on display, also seeing a yellow arrow on the adapter in device manager, was able to get full screen when using win xp. how do i fix this problem,
    I have tried numerous technique without success

CurtisClaxton, Mar 19, 2022
  4. neilpzz Win User

Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

Windows Basic Display Adaptor

This shows you have the Intel graphics driver installed. If you select the HD Graphics Control Panel are you able to select memory. It may well change as the demand increases.

You originally stated it was showing Basic Display Adaptor but it's not that now. When you upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and also x86 to 64bit (or 32bit to 64bit) you will need different drivers. You seem to have the different driver now but it will never
    be the same in Windows 10 as it was in Windows 7.

Is it causing you a problem in some way?

neilpzz, Mar 19, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

1. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor - Similar Threads - Microsoft Basic Display

2. Basic display adaptor error 31

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Basic display adaptor error 31: Hello,I have recently built a new computer, and everything has been running smoothly, however recently games have been crashing out of the blue. I had a look around and found that the basic display adaptor is now throwing out error 31. I tried uninstalling, updating its...
  3. Basic display adaptor error 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basic display adaptor error 31: Hello,I have recently built a new computer, and everything has been running smoothly, however recently games have been crashing out of the blue. I had a look around and found that the basic display adaptor is now throwing out error 31. I tried uninstalling, updating its...
  4. Basic display adaptor error 31

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor: Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor: Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I...
  7. microsoft basic display

microsoft basic display: i delec microsft basic display and my win 10 nut run and it hang with blach screen. and my mouse and keyboard not work.what i doing? plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display/e48cd813-7b5f-4892-b367-f2e2e25e46f7
  8. Windows Basic Display Adaptor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Basic Display Adaptor: I had Intel HD graphics 3000. I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 Home using USB I created it. After the upgrade was complete, I went for the properties. During my Windows 7 version, it was having a x86 based processor. After the upgrade, it changed to x64. When I opened DirectX...
  9. Streched Screen but Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor said it was up to date

Streched Screen but Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor said it was up to date: Just updated my windows 7 computer to windows 10 and I noticed the was stretched, I tried to update the driver didnt work, I tried restarting the computer didnt work, I tried reinstalling the driver and restarting didnt work. Here are my specs if you need them. AMD Athlon X2...
  10. Display Driver reverts to Windows Basic Display Adaptor After Update

Display Driver reverts to Windows Basic Display Adaptor After Update: I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 730 Graphics Card. I was running three monitors on it at the highest resolution yesterday. I updated Windows 10 last night. Now the only one monitor works at 640x480 resolution. I noticed that the Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is listed as my...