Windows 10: microsoft basic display driver

Discus and support microsoft basic display driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my graphics is set as microsoft basic display driver, its a recent problem after my son tried to install a high tech graphics driver for his gaming and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saraheglinton, Oct 2, 2020.

1. microsoft basic display driver

my graphics is set as microsoft basic display driver, its a recent problem after my son tried to install a high tech graphics driver for his gaming and I got the BSOD and have been trying to fix the problem myself. I uninstalled the original graphics driver but I can't remember the name of it. I'm trying to install intel graphics but I'm not having any success

:)

saraheglinton, Oct 2, 2020

2. Microsoft Basic Display Driver Urgent

As you should be aware Intel just recently announced on twitter (search gma3600) that there will be no windows 10 drivers for the gma 3600 video cards. Now as default windows loads the Microsoft Basic Display Driver which works really well but limits the
    screen to 800x600 max. The system i'm using is a 1025c asus n2800 netbook with a 1024x600 screen. I've seen other users on here referencing that the Microsoft Basic Display Driver works at 1024x768 and above but seems fixed on 4:3 aspect ratio selections.
    These observations suggest to me that the driver can happily go above 800x600 but 1024x600 is just an unsupported resolution for the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. Which brings me finally to my request.

Could you please add 1024x600 to the Microsoft Basic Display Driver as a valid selectable resolution so everyone who uses a 1024x600 screen with a gma3600 can run windows 10?

Thanks

Addendum:

After some testing trying to load multiple windows 7 gma3600 drivers all of them result in a bsod or the drivers just do not load. Please microsoft 15 people so far have voted this question up. This Microsoft Basic Display Driver tweak is the only option
    for gma36XX users and there will be lots more out there. If you want windows 10 adoption things like this are deal breakers.

AceTelekinesis, Oct 2, 2020
  3. The graphics driver shows as “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

With regard to your query, your Display Adapter is listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of the correct driver name. If you have recently update your display card driver, and this problem comes along, what we can try to do here is to roll the
    display adapter's driver back to it's previous version.

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter's category, and right-click Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Roll Back
      Driver.

If rolling back the driver is unavailable, update the display driver manually.

• In Device Manager, expand Display
      adapter's category and right-click Microsoft Basic
      Display Adapter, and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Update Driver.
    • Select Browser my computer for driver software.
    • Click the Browse button, then navigate to the folder where you place the downloaded display card driver setup file.
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 2, 2020
  4. microsoft basic display driver

Microsoft Basic Display Driver???

Just an update, Microsoft has removed the driver from the update servers so uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should work now.

Remove AMD drivers:

www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Your display driver should now be switched to Microsoft basic adapter.

Restart and Check for Windows updates or Click update driver now for Microsoft basic display adapter in Device Manager.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

microsoft basic display driver

1. microsoft basic display driver - Similar Threads - microsoft basic display

2. microsoft basic display driver AMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display driver AMD: microsoft basic display driver AMD problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-driver-amd/c49b6b98-8c3a-4550-b9e6-c6e18aa30923
  3. microsoft basic display driver AMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft basic display driver AMD: microsoft basic display driver AMD problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-driver-amd/c49b6b98-8c3a-4550-b9e6-c6e18aa30923
  4. microsoft basic display driver AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. basic display adapter drivers

basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  6. Better resolution with the Microsoft Basic Display Driver?

Better resolution with the Microsoft Basic Display Driver?: My current GPU An NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 Ti has essentially died. I can only use it by not installing NVIDIA drivers and using the Microsoft Basic Display Driver, so that's what I've done while I can't afford a new GPU.My PC was working fine in general apart from not being...
  7. Better resolution with the Microsoft Basic Display Driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Better resolution with the Microsoft Basic Display Driver?: My current GPU An NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 Ti has essentially died. I can only use it by not installing NVIDIA drivers and using the Microsoft Basic Display Driver, so that's what I've done while I can't afford a new GPU.My PC was working fine in general apart from not being...
  8. Better resolution with the Microsoft Basic Display Driver?

9. microsoft basic display

microsoft basic display: i delec microsft basic display and my win 10 nut run and it hang with blach screen. and my mouse and keyboard not work.what i doing? plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display/e48cd813-7b5f-4892-b367-f2e2e25e46f7
  10. microsoft basic display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft basic display driver: Hi, I have dell N1050 Laptop. For some reason I cannot use intel graphics driver and can only use Microsoft basic display driver. I went to repair shop to fix this. they say its hardware and can't be fixed without changing motherboard. I can't spend that much right now. I...