Windows 10: Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver

Discus and support Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having problems with my wife's laptop which is preventing it from playing 95% of games. One example is Trine 2. This problem just started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AndrewM777, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver

I am having problems with my wife's laptop which is preventing it from playing 95% of games. One example is Trine 2.

This problem just started recently and I don't know if it's because of an update or something else that happened. When attempting to launch the game, I would get a Direct3D Initialization Error. I did find multiple threads on steam relating to that error and it suggested I try deleting the options.txt file for the game itself so it could be recreated. If not that, then try changing the resolution in the file's options or change it to windowed mode. Of course, none of these suggestions fix the issue. I finally discovered what the problem was. It turns out that the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 was being used rather than the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 ti driver. This is shown in DirectX Diagnostic Tool along with the advanced display settings.

I then disabled the UHD Graphics 630 in the device manager. At that point, I think all is well.

At this point when trying to run the game it was super laggy (as in 1 frame per second). I also tried a different game and this one had the same issue. However, it was nice enough to inform me that my GPU is insufficient. When I look at the error, it shows "Microsoft Basic Render Driver". Checking DirectX Diagnostic Tool and Advanced display setting, the same thing shows up. The interesting this is that device manager shows the nvidia driver and the intel 630 driver (which of course is disabled).

- Tried reinstalling the Nvidia and also tried the Display Driver Uninstaller tool by Guru3D to uninstall the old driver

- Tried using an older Nvidia driver

- Tried rolling back windows updates

- Tried sfc /scannow and there were no issues shown

- Tried installing drivers directly from HP

- Updated the BIOS

- Tried reinstalling one of the games

- Tried installing first the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 driver and then the nvidia driver

Not sure what else I need to try.

One last this I find that's strange is when I plug in an external display, it comes up as the Nvidia driver. So it's the laptop display that seems to only work with the Microsoft Basic Render Driver.

Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver large?v=1.jpg Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver large?v=1.jpg Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver large?v=1.jpg Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver large?v=1.jpg

:)

AndrewM777, Feb 20, 2019

2. Microsoft Basic Render Driver

I just got an ibuypower desktop with a gtx 1060 and an i7 8700. I tried running cs:go on it through steam, but it said that my microsoft basic render driver does not support the game. However, I didn't experience any issues with fortnite. I tried uninstalling
    and reinstalling all of the display parts, it didn't work. What should I do?

NadavEisen, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Microsoft Basic Render Driver

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply

The two devices I see are:

1. Microsoft basic display adapter

2. NVDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

NadavEisen, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver

FATAL Error. Microsoft Basic Render Driver detected as primary device. Please install correct drivers for your GPU.

My hardware -

GTX 750 Ti

i5 4570 3.2Ghz

Hard 1Tb / SSD 240 Gb

When i try to start Crossout or CS:GO game , it says this FATAL Error. Microsoft Basic Render Driver detected as primary device. Please install correct drivers for your GPU.

+PUBG has lower FPS than earlier..

Have been reinstalling drivers using Geforce Experience, installed older driver.. Doesn't help either!

What to do?

Valentine (Baretto), Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver

1. Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver - Similar Threads - Microsoft Basic Render

2. Fatal Error.Only Fallback Graphics Driver Microsoft Basic Render Driver Found.Please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fatal Error.Only Fallback Graphics Driver Microsoft Basic Render Driver Found.Please...: I have problems starting my DBXV2 game, it gives Fatal Error.Only Fallback Graphics Driver Microsoft Basic Render Driver Found.Please Install Dedicated Graphics Card, someone help me please...
  3. Fatal Error.Only Fallback Graphics Driver Microsoft Basic Render Driver Found.Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fatal Error.Only Fallback Graphics Driver Microsoft Basic Render Driver Found.Please...: I don't have a lot to say but...this error keeps showing up on my screen when I launch Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.I have went through research and nothing has helped...I tried to update my Driver but it says that it has installed the latest version of the driver my Graphics Card...
  4. Fatal Error.Only Fallback Graphics Driver Microsoft Basic Render Driver Found.Please...

Fatal Error.Only Fallback Graphics Driver Microsoft Basic Render Driver Found.Please...: I don't have a lot to say but...this error keeps showing up on my screen when I launch Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.I have went through research and nothing has helped...I tried to update my Driver but it says that it has installed the latest version of the driver my Graphics Card...
  5. Microsoft Basic Render Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Render Driver: hi, i finally got my PC up and running in windows 10. i have a small problem, instead of my intel iGPU in my i5-11400 showing up, Microsoft Basic Render Driver is. my PC is really lacing performance and i dont know how to go from Microsoft Basic Render Driver to intel UHD...
  6. Microsoft Basic Render Driver

Microsoft Basic Render Driver: hi, i finally got my PC up and running in windows 10. i have a small problem, instead of my intel iGPU in my i5-11400 showing up, Microsoft Basic Render Driver is. my PC is really lacing performance and i dont know how to go from Microsoft Basic Render Driver to intel UHD...
  7. DirectX 12 and Microsoft basic render driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 and Microsoft basic render driver: I am having issues with the Halo Infinite - insider test game, there is an error that keeps popping up, it says "Microsoft Basic Render Driver was chosen as Graphics Device. Please ensure you have a DirectX 12 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers...
  8. "Microsoft Basic Render Driver was chosen as Graphics Device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft Basic Render Driver was chosen as Graphics Device": Trying to play the Halo Infinite Flight right now. I have a steam key and installed it and was extremely hype to get to play the flight. tried startup and got this popup. Couldn't find a solution that works online. I tried reinstalling drivers and they're up to date, couldn't...
  9. microsoft basic render driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic render driver: I tried running cs:go on it through steam, but it said that my microsoft basic render driver does not support the game. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the display parts, it didn't work. What should I do?...
  10. Microsoft Basic Render Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Render Driver: I just got an ibuypower desktop with a gtx 1060 and an i7 8700. I tried running cs:go on it through steam, but it said that my microsoft basic render driver does not support the game. However, I didn't experience any issues with fortnite. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. Microsoft Basic Render Driver in config file

3. microsoft basic render con nvidia gtx 1060

4. microsoft render basic driver instead of nvidia,
  5. display driver vs render driver windows