Windows 10: Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed

Discus and support Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public on October 2nd. Since the availability of Windows 10 October 2018 Update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 3, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed

Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public on October 2nd. Since the availability of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, there have been some issues reported by a limited number of users. Firstly the update deleted files from some customers PCs which made Microsoft block the upgrade globally to re-release it after fixing the bug.

The re-release also came with its share of issues with Microsoft having to block the upgrade to PCs which had new Intel display drivers with versions 24.20.100.6344 and 24.20.100.6345 installed.

Today the Redmond Giant has again blocked the Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade for PCs which have the Mophisec Software Development Kit installed including Cisco AMP for Endpoints.

Users with the Mophisec Protector installed on their PCs will not be able to work with Microsoft Office. The Redmond Giant has confirmed the issue and is currently working to fix the issue for devices with the Mophisec Protector installed.

“Microsoft and Morphisec have identified an issue on devices that have installed Morphisec Protector or another application that uses the Morphisec Software Development Kit (SDK) including Cisco AMP for Endpoints. These applications may impact customers’ ability to save Microsoft Office documents,” Microsoft explains on its Windows 10 version 1809 status page.

The company along with Morphisec is working to release a compatible software upgrade and has requested users to uninstall the affected products to be able to get the latest version of Windows 10.

This is a temporary workaround suggested by the Redmond Giant which will let users install the latest Windows 10 version 1809 and work with Microsoft Office.

“Temporary Workaround: Uninstall affected applications and get updated versions from respective vendors when available. Next Steps: We are working with Morphisec and Cisco to address this issue in updated versions of their applications,” Microsoft explains.

The company hasn’t provided any ETA has to when they will be able to fix the bug but we expect them to release the fix in the upcoming December 2018 Patch Tuesday updates next week.

The post Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 3, 2018

2. Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for October 2018

Release Notes
    October 2018 Security Updates
    Release Date: October 09, 2018

The October security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ChakraCore
    • .NET Core
    • SQL Server Management Studio
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• Customers runnning Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 need to ensure they have Servicing Stack Update (SSU) 3177467 installed before installing the October 2018 security updates, to avoid a failure to install. See

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 3177467
      for more information about this SSU.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the

Microsoft Update Catalog
    • Starting in March 2017, a delta package will be available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for Windows 10 version 1607 and newer. This delta package contains just the delta changes between the previous month and the current release.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed

Windows 10 October 2018 Update issues with Microsoft Office

To anyone who can help;

I am running a Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

The OS updated on Wednesday, October 3, 2018.

Since the update, I have been having issues with my Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus software:

a) I am unable to click on "Save As" option with any of the programs

b) After uninstalling the software, I have reinstalled the program with the same problems.

I hope this is not Microsoft's way for forcing customers to buy the latest program. I have not had any issues with Office 2010 until the October 2018 update. Please help in fixing this issue.

Respectfully,

GlobalCitizen987, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed

1. Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed - Similar Threads - Microsoft blocks October

2. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update on some Intel devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update on some Intel devices: Windows 10 October 2018 Update still has some compatibility issues and Microsoft is blocking it on affected devices to ensure a smooth user experience. Today, yet another bug affecting Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been acknowledged by Microsoft which forced the company...
  4. Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs: Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public skipping the Release Preview Ring on October 2, 2018. The update was blocked after just 4 days due to major issues found during installation. After almost a month the company re-released the Windows...
  5. October 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    October 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: October 2018 updates for Microsoft Office Applies to: Office Professional 2016, Office Professional Plus 2016, Office Standard 2016, Office Home and Student 2016, Office Home and Business 2016, Skype for Business 2016, Word 2016, Excel 2016, Outlook 2016, PowerPoint 2016,...
  6. Windows 10 October 2018 Update might delete your files on some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update might delete your files on some PCs: Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) to all users globally a couple of days ago. The company is rolling out the update in stages to fix any issues found during installation of the update. Some of the users are reporting that the installation...
  7. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked, "intcdaud.sys"

Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked, "intcdaud.sys": On my Surface Pro 4 I am unable to download the Windows 10 October Update because of "a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio device drivers" ("intcdaud.sys") - see Microsoft support document "What needs your attention: Intel audio display notification" at...
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers: It looks like Microsoft has blocked the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on systems where incompatible Intel driver is running. In a support document, Microsoft explains that it has identified a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio...
  9. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  10. October 2, 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........