Windows 10: Microsoft blocks the Windows 11 2022 Update from another set of devices

Discus and support Microsoft blocks the Windows 11 2022 Update from another set of devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11 users who have used the Xbox Game Bar application's Capture feature won't receive the offer to upgrade to the Windows 11 2022 Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 5, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft blocks the Windows 11 2022 Update from another set of devices

Windows 11 users who have used the Xbox Game Bar application's Capture feature won't receive the offer to upgrade to the Windows 11 2022 Update currently. Windows 11 2022 Update devices on which the capture functionality was used in the past may experience out of sync audio.

Microsoft blocks the Windows 11 2022 Update from another set of devices xbox-game-bar-capture-issue.png

Good news is that Microsoft fixed the issue already in the preview update KB5018496, which it released on October 25, 2022. The update is not distributed via Windows Update automatically, on the other hand. The upcoming November 2022 Patch Tuesday will remove the block and correct the issue on devices that run the first feature update for Windows 11 already.

According to Microsoft's description, audio may be out of sync when Windows 11 users use the Xbox Game Bar application's capture feature. Most users may experience the issue when the "record last 30 seconds" option is used after activating "record in the background while I'm playing a game" in the application's settings.

The company notes:

"The Xbox Game Bar app might have issues in which the audio is out of sync when capturing gameplay to a video file. You are more likely to encounter this issue when using the "Record last 30 seconds" feature when “Record in the background while I’m playing game” is enabled in Xbox Game Bar. Developer Note: Apps which capture or process video files using the same underlying Windows libraries or APIs as Xbox Game Bar might also be affected by this issue."

Microsoft notes that third-party apps that use the same "underlying Windows libraries or APIs" may also be affected by the issue.

Windows 11 systems already upgraded to the Windows 11 2022 Update may be fixed by installing the preview update. If the issue is not pressing, it may be better to wait until November 8 and the release of the cumulative update for the Windows 11 2022 Update.

Windows 11 devices still running the initial version of the operating system do not face the issue. The issue may occur only on devices that are upgraded to the first feature update before the November Patch Day releases.

Microsoft plans to remove the safeguard hold in mid November according to the bug report on the known issues and notifications support page.

Now You: do you use the Xbox Game Bar app on Windows devices?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft blocks the Windows 11 2022 Update from another set of devices appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 5, 2022

2. Cumulative monthly updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - October 2022

The following release notes coincide with Cumulative updates for all the supported versions of Windows, released on October 11th, 2022.

Windows 11

Windows 11 (original release): KB5018418 (OS Build 22000.1098)
    October 11, 2022—KB5018418 (OS Build 22000.1098) (microsoft.com)

Improvements

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5017383 (released September 20, 2022). Key changes in this release include:

• This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.

Windows 11, version 22H2: KB5018427 (OS Build 22621.674)

October 11, 2022—KB5018427 (OS Build 22621.674) (microsoft.com)

Improvements

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5017389 (released September 30, 2022). Key changes in this release include:

• This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
    Windows 10

October 11, 2022—KB5018410 (OS Builds 19042.2130, 19043.2130, and 19044.2130)

October 11, 2022—KB5018410 (OS Builds 19042.2130, 19043.2130, and 19044.2130) (microsoft.com)

Improvements

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5017380 (released September 20, 2022). Key changes in this release include:

If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

Also read:

IMPORTANT
    All editions of Windows 10, version 21H1 will reach end of service on December 13, 2022. After December 13, 2022, these devices will not receive monthly security and quality updates. These updates contain protections from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, we recommend that you update to the latest version of Windows.

Important for Windows 11 22H2 release: As shared in the Windows 11 2022 update Blog post by Panos Panay, CVP Microsoft, an update later in October would add an additional set of features including Tabbed File Explorer, New Photos app, Better Taskbar overflow experience, Nearby Share improvements (Build 22622). Subscribe to this thread for notifications.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Nov 5, 2022
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Nov 5, 2022
  4. Microsoft blocks the Windows 11 2022 Update from another set of devices

Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - January 2022

New Cumulative update Build 22000.469 for Windows 11 available as preview:

January 25, 2022—KB5008353 (OS Build 22000.469) Preview

Highlights:

• Updates an issue that causes the audio service to stop responding on some devices that support hardware-accelerated Bluetooth audio.
    • Updates an issue that affects icons for apps when the apps are not running. On the taskbar, these icons might display as active as if the apps are running.
    • Adds a new Your Microsoft Account page to the Accounts category in Windows Settings for Home and Professional editions.
    • Updates an issue that incorrectly shows the volume icon in the taskbar as muted.
    • Updates an issue that causes a device to stop working when it’s connected to multiple displays.
    • Updates an issue that affects the auto-hide feature of the taskbar. The taskbar might not reliably appear when you hover over the primary or secondary display.
    • Updates an issue that might prevent icons from appearing on the taskbar of a secondary display.
    • Improves auto brightness to provide a better response under low light conditions on all the supported systems.
    • Updates daylight savings time to start in February 2022 instead of March 2022 in Jordan.
    • Adds the HelpWith feature, which uses Microsoft Bing technologies to suggest Help topics that are relevant for each Settings page.
    • Updates an issue that displays outdated battery percentages for connected Bluetooth devices on the Bluetooth and other devices page in Settings.
    • Updates a known issue that might prevent some image editing programs from rendering colors correctly on certain high dynamic range (HDR) displays. This frequently affects white colors that might display in bright yellow or other colors.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Nov 5, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft blocks the Windows 11 2022 Update from another set of devices

1. Microsoft blocks the Windows 11 2022 Update from another set of devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft blocks 2022

2. Transfer folders and settings from one microsoft account to another on same Windows 11 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer folders and settings from one microsoft account to another on same Windows 11 device: Just set up new Dell laptop with Windows 11 under one microsoft account. Now need to change default to another microsoft account already shared through 365. How can I transfer all the files and folders and settings to the new account? Or do we have to reset the computer to...
  3. Transfer folders and settings from one microsoft account to another on same Windows 11 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer folders and settings from one microsoft account to another on same Windows 11 device: Just set up new Dell laptop with Windows 11 under one microsoft account. Now need to change default to another microsoft account already shared through 365. How can I transfer all the files and folders and settings to the new account? Or do we have to reset the computer to...
  4. hotspot from another devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot from another devices: عندما اقوم بالتصال عن طريق الهاتف المحمول او اي هاتف اخر بالانترنت يعطيني انه تم الاتصال بالشبكة ولكن عندما اقوم بالبحث او فعل اي شيء يقوم باستخدام الانترنت لا يقوم بالأتصال في حين انه عندما اقوم بالأتصال الأنترنت المزلي لا تحدث اي مشاكل...
  5. hotspot from another devices

hotspot from another devices: عندما اقوم بالتصال عن طريق الهاتف المحمول او اي هاتف اخر بالانترنت يعطيني انه تم الاتصال بالشبكة ولكن عندما اقوم بالبحث او فعل اي شيء يقوم باستخدام الانترنت لا يقوم بالأتصال في حين انه عندما اقوم بالأتصال الأنترنت المزلي لا تحدث اي مشاكل...
  6. hotspot from another devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Upgrading from windows 10 on one device to windows 11 on another

Upgrading from windows 10 on one device to windows 11 on another: I have an old Lenovo Thinkpad laptop, and I about to build my own PC, I was wondering if I am able to use my copy of windows 10 to activate 11 on my brand new PC. Is there any way I can transfer the key and use it on my new machine?...
  8. block discord website from microsoft family settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    block discord website from microsoft family settings: Hello, I have tried to block Discord's website from my son's screen time, but it still gets through. Please advise. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-discord-website-from-microsoft-family/3144e21c-eff5-4e37-a63e-cbfa7e991d58
  9. Move device from one Microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move device from one Microsoft account to another: I have a Microsoft account with email address 'A' that shows my subscription, but no device. It also has the Skype account with all my historic details. I have another Microsoft account with email address B that shows my device. First question: how do I move my device to...
  10. Activating Microsoft from one device to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Microsoft from one device to another: My laptop was stolen and I wanted to know how I can deactivate my Microsoft and reactivate it on another device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-microsoft-from-one-device-to-another/26b8d86d-4fe3-45b1-853e-ee3a61176324"