Windows 10: Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2020 Update for more devices

Discus and support Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2020 Update for more devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is blocking the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as Windows 10 version 2004, on a new suite of devices. Microsoft has decided to halt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 7, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2020 Update for more devices

Microsoft is blocking the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as Windows 10 version 2004, on a new suite of devices. Microsoft has decided to halt the rollout of May 2020 Update on devices using Storage Spaces after the update started causing a whole load of problems and data corruption for some people.

The new upgrade block was quietly announced in an update to the documentation on July 1 and spotted by us earlier today. According to the documentation, Windows 10’s May 2020 Update is now being blocked on devices that use Parity Storage Spaces.

If you check for updates in Windows Update, you are likely to see the traditional error message. If you use the Update Assistant tool to download and install Windows 10 version 2004, you might receive an error message stating that “this PC can’t upgrade to Windows 10”.

“This PC can’t upgrade to Windows 10. Your PC isn’t supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once the issue has been resolved.”

Microsoft has already applied compatibility hold on devices using Windows 10’s Parity Storage Spaces feature. The tech giant previously confirmed that users might have issues using or accessing their Storage Spaces after updating to Windows 10 version 2004, which is why the company has decided to halt the rollout.

According to Microsoft’s documentation, the Windows engineering team is currently investigating the known issue with the major release. Other problems with May 2020 Update include Blue Screen of Death, refresh rate issues in gaming on desktops with IGPU, and problems with Bluetooth or Audio connectivity.

The post Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2020 Update for more devices appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 7, 2020

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes
    May 2020 Security Updates
    Release Date: May 12, 2020

The May 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
    • ChakraCore
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Windows Defender
    • Visual Studio
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    • .NET Framework
    • .NET Core
    • Power BI
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options. Note that Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. They will also share the same security update KBs.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for more information.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The following KBs contain information about known issues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see 20200512. For more information about Windows Known Issues, please see Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of Windows are in the left pane).

KB Article Applies To
    4551853 Windows 10 Version 1809, Windows Server 2019
    4556813 Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016
    4556836 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4556843 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update)
    4556854 Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (Security-only update)
    4556860 Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (Monthly Rollup)

https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...etail/2020-May

NICK ADSL UK, Jul 7, 2020
  4. desennium Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2020 Update for more devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft blocks May

2. Windows 10 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2020 update: My laptop keeps showing me the notification "Your version of Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay updated". But, there is no update available it just says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  3. 10 May 2020 Update

10 May 2020 Update: Has anyone installed 10 May 2020 Update on Asus Zenbook UX303 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-may-2020-update/232d21d3-fd44-4018-b46b-9b6b79ed36dc
  4. Windows 10 , may 2020 update

Windows 10 , may 2020 update: Is it safe to install may 2020 update of windows 10. I have not installed it even after getting the update notification since last 9-10 days as i have seen various articles related to this update and all pf them said that this update has several bugs and not to install....
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: I'm trying to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, but I heard that Microsoft has blocked the update! Why is that? When will they resume the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? I'm not getting any error messages.....
  6. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi everyone! Its been days since Microsoft released the Windows 10 May 2020 update, but my laptop is not getting it. I'm checking for Windows update but my device is saying that I am up to date....
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi all, I've been trying to update Windows 10 to its latest version through Windows Update but I couldn't so I searched how to do that on Youtube and in the video they recommended to go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 So my...
  8. How to block the Windows 10 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 News
    How to block the Windows 10 May 2020 update: Microsoft plans to release the Windows 10 May 2020 (Windows 10 version 2004) update in the coming days. The new feature update for Windows 10 will be rolled out over time to systems running Windows 10. How it is offered to you depends for the most part on the versions of...
  9. Microsoft Windows Update for May 2020

Microsoft Windows Update for May 2020: In light of COVID-19 will there be any extension or continued support regarding updating to newer versions of Windows? People are stressed enough as it is without having to worry about bugs and scammers etc....
  10. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some devices: Windows 10 May 2019 Update will begin rolling out to the compatible devices in late May 2019. Windows 10 version 1903 is currently only available to Windows Insiders, but the update for Windows 10 is now being blocked from installing on systems with certain configurations....