Windows 10: Microsoft blocks Windows 10 version 1903 on older Mac devices

Discus and support Microsoft blocks Windows 10 version 1903 on older Mac devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier today, Microsoft announced that it has blocked the Windows 10 1903 update on older Mac devices or newer Mac with outdated Apple Boot Camp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 2, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 version 1903 on older Mac devices

Earlier today, Microsoft announced that it has blocked the Windows 10 1903 update on older Mac devices or newer Mac with outdated Apple Boot Camp software. This move affects Windows 10 owners who installed the operating system on a Mac device introduced before 2012 or those who use outdated Boot Camp software on their new devices.

Today, we discovered a support page that, strangely, isn’t easily discoverable on search engines as Microsoft has blocked web crawlers from indexing the tech document. In the support document, Microsoft noted that Windows 10 May 2019 Update may fail to install on old Mac due to a compatibility issue.

Microsoft says affected users may experience an update compatibility hold and receive the message, “Mac HAL Driver – machaldriver.sys: Your PC has a driver or service that isn’t ready for this version of Windows 10.”

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 version 1903 on older Mac devices Windows-10-v1903-on-Mac.jpg

According to the document, Mac devices prior to 2012 or newer Mac devices with the older Apple Boot Camp or Windows Support Software drivers cannot download or install Windows 10 version 1903.

“Specifically, devices with MacHALDriver.sys dated September 24, 2011 01:57:09 or older in Windows\system32\drivers are affected,” Microsoft noted.

“Updating your Apple Boot Camp Windows Support Software drivers may allow you to update to Windows 10, version 1903. You may be able to check for updated Windows support software, in macOS, choose Apple menu > App Store, then install all available updates,” the company further explained the problem.

Microsoft says it is working on a fix, and it is likely that the upgrade block will be lifted in near future.

The post Microsoft blocks Windows 10 version 1903 on older Mac devices appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 2, 2019

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Support for Older Hardware Encountering Difficulties, Cut Off

As part of its new "Windows as a Service" model, Microsoft elected to provide users with a guaranteed, steady stream of updates with virtually no clear, hard-defined EOL. However, Microsoft took refuge, as well it should, from an increasingly difficult support for different hardware sets: a little footnote, saying that you are eligible for Windows 10 for the "supported lifetime of the device." Yes, it's true you now don't have to purchase a new Windows version. But that also means that your devices potentially won't be supported for Microsoft's previous 5 + 5 policy (meaning, 5 years of feature and security updates, and 5 extra years for security updates only.)

The systems in question - built around Intel's Clover Trail Atom processors - are generally low-cost, low-power machines (mainly 2-in-1) released between 2012 and 2015 under Windows 8 and 8.1. These systems were deemed ready to receive Windows 10; however, they are currently blocked from installing Windows 10 Version 1703 - the "Creators Update." Attempts to install result in a message saying that "Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC." The problem is that each Windows 10 update receives security fixes for just 18 months. Version 1607, the latest that these Clover Trail machines can install, will drop out of support in early 2018 - after which they'll cease to receive any patches at all.

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 version 1903 on older Mac devices nkRysjKKdnYY16ua_thm.jpg

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 version 1903 on older Mac devices ktsXuuLDOajiJRqv_thm.jpg

This problem may yet be temporary, however, since Acer has issued an official support response to this issue, which I transcribe below:

"The following Intel Clover Trail processors are currently not supported on Windows 10 Creators Update:

• Atom Z2760
    • Atom Z2520
    • Atom Z2560
    • Atom Z2580
    Microsoft is working with us to help provide compatible drivers to address this incompatibility. If you install the Windows 10 creators update, icons and text may not appear at all, or may show up as solid color blocks or bars. If you have already installed Creators Update and are experiencing problems, you can use Windows 10 recovery options to restore your system to the previous build."

Even if this problem is temporary, though, it begs the question: how temporary is it? And how soon will these systems (or others, for that matter) start encountering compatibility problems again? Because as hardware evolves and Windows 10 carries on with its updates, the amount of possible hardware configurations will only increase - hardware configurations, and hardware platforms, for which the Redmond company will have to bake in support. And it stands to reason that Microsoft will continuously prefer to support new and newer systems, choosing to prioritize these over older hardware configurations.

Sources: ZDNet, ArsTechnica

Raevenlord, Jul 2, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 version 1903 on older Mac devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft blocks version

2. Block Bluetooth Device Mac Address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block Bluetooth Device Mac Address?: I have an irritating setup.I have a recent Acer Aspire Vero, which I got lat last year.It's a good machine and I adore it greatly.However, it is my first Windows 11 device.And I assume my issue is related to the newer OS.I also have an old soundbar connected to my TV, which...
  3. Block Bluetooth Device Mac Address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block Bluetooth Device Mac Address?: I have an irritating setup.I have a recent Acer Aspire Vero, which I got lat last year.It's a good machine and I adore it greatly.However, it is my first Windows 11 device.And I assume my issue is related to the newer OS.I also have an old soundbar connected to my TV, which...
  4. Older Versions of Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Versions of Microsoft: HiIs it possible to get ISO images of older versions of windows say windows XP/windows 7 for testing purposes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-versions-of-microsoft/c7b16918-5f0d-4911-9590-a706e7cc4dcd
  5. Older Versions of Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Versions of Microsoft: HiIs it possible to get ISO images of older versions of windows say windows XP/windows 7 for testing purposes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-versions-of-microsoft/c7b16918-5f0d-4911-9590-a706e7cc4dcd
  6. How to download an older version of Windows 10 Version 1903 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download an older version of Windows 10 Version 1903 ?: Hi! Thanks a lot for reading this. I have a HP Envy 13 that does not have good driver support for the latest Windows version, and hence is crashing every now and then. I want to download Windows 10 Version May 2019 Update, but could not find a way to download it. This is...
  7. Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903: Hi guys, After the newest update in september I experiencing a really annoying issue... It seems the system is blocking my CPU usage. It's not the typical high CPU usage problem, but the opposite of it. Like my programs used 70-80% of my CPU in total. After the update...
  8. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block: Microsoft recently announced a new upgrade block for Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) on PCs with outdated Intel RST drivers. The Redmond firm has been recommending users to install the newer versions of the drivers before deploying Windows 10 version 1903 on their...
  9. Microsoft now auto updating Windows 10 version 1803 and older to 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now auto updating Windows 10 version 1803 and older to 1903: We are initiating the Windows 10 May 2019 Update for customers with devices that are at or nearing end of service and have not yet updated their device. Keeping these devices both supported and receiving monthly updates is critical to device security and ecosystem health....
  10. Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs: Microsoft maintains a list of known issues and upgrade blocks for Windows 10 version 1903. With the latest Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft appears to have lifted the upgrade block for Windows 10 May 2019 Update, or version 1903, allowing more users to install the latest...