Windows 10: Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile voice distorted on the other side when use Your...

Discus and support Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile voice distorted on the other side when use Your... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I use the Microsoft Your Phone app to make phone calls using my mobile phone, the voice received on the other side is very distorted garbled.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krakatau68, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile voice distorted on the other side when use Your...

When I use the Microsoft Your Phone app to make phone calls using my mobile phone, the voice received on the other side is very distorted garbled.

This is happen only if I use the Microsoft Your Phone app with internal Bluetooth device.

If I install an external Bluetooth USB dongle everything is working fine.

I mean the voice is very well received on the other side.

I’ve tested many mobile phones and 2 bluetooth external USB dongle

This problem occurs only on one machine which is a Lenovo Thinkpad T490 using internal Bluetooth device Intel Wireless-AC 9560

Using another application for mobile phone calls there is no problem at all.

For instance using Remote Phone Call application used for Android mobile phone calls with the internal Buetooth device installed on my Lenovo Thinkpad T490 the voice is very well received on the other side.

The only problem is when I use the Microsoft Your Phone app with the internal Bluetooth device installed on the Lenovo Thinkpad T490 Intel Wireless–AC 9560. Only in this case the voice received by the other side is distorted garbled.

Software:

Windows 10 PRO 1909 OS Build 18363.752
    Microsoft Your Phone application version 1.20022.82.0

Hardware:

Lenovo Thinkpad T490 20N2000BRI

Internal Bluetooth installed for this machine: Intel Wireless AC 9560

I did almost everything related to the Bluetooth driver as long as I concluded there is an incompatibility between Microsoft Your Phone application and Bluetooth communication, or to be more precise, between Microsoft Your Phone application and Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio device.

Uninstall / reinstall the Bluetooth driver, disable / enable the Bluetooth device, roll back driver to an old version, test mobile phone calls with other application Remote Phone Call, test mobile phone call using Microsoft Your Phone app with an external Bluetooth device Bluetooth USB dongle: ASUS USB-BT400

Additional, taking into consideration that this machine it’s quite new, I reinstalled Microsoft Windows from the scratch !

In this way I considered test Microsoft You Phone app without any other third party application installed on the OS.

:)

krakatau68, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

HERE Drive+ volume problem via bluetooth on WP 8.1 update

Please, mention your Bluetooth hands-free system (brand/model) because it works here.

With Windows Phone 8.1, the Bluetooth profile changed from A2DP to HFP. Currently, nobody knows how to switch back to A2DP manually. A lot of older hands-free systems

• did not offer HD voice on HFP, and/or
    • make interesting signals before/after a call, and/or
    • do not forward the first seconds of sound.

Abi99 (2), Apr 9, 2020
  3. Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile) in WP8

Here are the
    Bluetooth profiles that are supported in Windows Phone 7:

• Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP 1.2)
    • Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.0)
    • Hands Free Profile (HFP 1.5)
    • Headset Profile (HSP 1.1)
    • Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP 1.0)
    Here are the Bluetooth profiles that are supported in Windows Phone 8:

• Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP 1.2)
    • Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.4)
    • Hands Free Profile (HFP 1.5)
    • Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP 1.1)
    • Object Push Profile (OPP 1.1)
    • Out of Band (OOB) & Near Field Communications (NFC)
    As you can see, the Bluetooth MAP profile was never part of Windows Phone 7, and so it was not removed in Windows Phone 8.

This is a peer-to-peer forum, where users help other users out with their questions. We have no idea what Microsoft's plans are in terms of future upgrades for Windows Phone 8, so no-one can answer your "Why is this profile not supported" or your question
    about "When it might be added".
    You might want to add a request for this functionality in the User Voice forum, which is the place that Microsoft set up to field user enhancement requests.

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 9, 2020
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile voice distorted on the other side when use Your...

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile voice distorted on the other side when use Your...

1. Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile voice distorted on the other side when use Your... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Bluetooth Hands

2. Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/CALL don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/CALL don't work: Hi everyone,I have a bluetooth fone, QCY HT05, but windows dont' show voice/call option to connect.I tried with SoundSwitch, and this app shows that it don't found device when I selected my fone to use Hands Free voice.Please, someone have a miracle solutions? Seems a general...
  3. Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/CALL don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/CALL don't work: Hi everyone,I have a bluetooth fone, QCY HT05, but windows dont' show voice/call option to connect.I tried with SoundSwitch, and this app shows that it don't found device when I selected my fone to use Hands Free voice.Please, someone have a miracle solutions? Seems a general...
  4. Bluetooth Hands Free AG option VOICE/CALL don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free

Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free: I have afterShokz, and on one PC they will not connect with voice. I tried on another PC and it works. I see the hands-free in the Sound control panel but it is disconnected. When I select Connect, nothing happens. I have uninstalled the device/drivers and restarted. And I...
  6. Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free: I have afterShokz, and on one PC they will not connect with voice. I tried on another PC and it works. I see the hands-free in the Sound control panel but it is disconnected. When I select Connect, nothing happens. I have uninstalled the device/drivers and restarted. And I...
  7. Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bluetooth Headset Hands-Free mode Distorted Sound

Bluetooth Headset Hands-Free mode Distorted Sound: Hi, I have a P47 Headset that I connect to my PC with a Bluetooth 5 Adapter. Upon pairing, the headset Stereo mode works wonderfully but the Hands-free version wont. When I try to make the hands-free as default audio device it sounds distorted/Buzzing. I tried using the...
  9. Bluetooth stereo and hands free

Bluetooth stereo and hands free: okay so I bought a wireless headphone a week ago and it works perfectly on my devices but as soon as I connect to windows it separates my headphone into two profiles one as a bluetooth headphone which allows me to hear audio fine and the other profile is bluetooth headset...
  10. Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free: (TL;DR at the bottom) I have a pair of Jaybird Tarah Bluetooth earbuds paired to my Windows PC. These buds also have media buttons and a microphone. They are called "Overture" For clarity, My particular machine is running Win10 Pro (1909) through Boot Camp. Bluetooth...