Windows 10: Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up

Discus and support Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've just bought the new Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard but it is not waking the PC from sleep or hibernate mode. I've already tried to uncheck "Allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CristiM5, Jan 22, 2020.

1. CristiM5 Win User

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up

I've just bought the new Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard but it is not waking the PC from sleep or hibernate mode. I've already tried to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from HID Device Manager and also from Bluetooth Radio. It Is just not working. All the drivers are up to date including Windows updates.

:)

CristiM5, Jan 22, 2020
  2. BW022 Win User

Microsoft modern keyboard not waking computer from sleep

Hello,

Recently purchased a Microsoft modern keyboard with finger print ID. Works great … with one exception... it won't wake the computer from sleep.

Online there is lots of discussion about getting a Bluetooth device to wake PCs, but no real solutions. I've ensured Bluetooth is always powered on, but there is no Power Management option under Bluetooth Devices - Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID.

Anyone have any steps to allow this?

My old wireless Logitech keyboard (with a USB dongle) happily wakes my PC.

BW022, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050 waking up my display

Hi Juan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the keyboard is waking the PC when you put the computer on sleep.

I would suggest you to try changing the power management settings for the keyboard and see if that helps. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to change the settings.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and hit enter.
    3. Now expand the Keyboard section.
    4. Right click on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Properties.
    5. Select the Power management tab and uncheck the box
      Allow this device to wake the computer.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of troubleshooting steps to assist you better.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 22, 2020
  4. yahanna Win User

How Do I Wake PC from Hybrid-Sleep with Keyboard?

Yeah I got to press the power button sadly. Is there a way to tweak the PC to get it to wake from kb or bluetooth mouse?

yahanna, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up - Similar Threads - Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard

2. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up: Hello,I got a Microsoft Surface keyboard. this one -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivot:overviewtabIt goes in sleep mode after around 10minutes to save battery life.When I press a key the whole PC freezes for around 2...
  3. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard takes several seconds to wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer Bluetooth Keyboard takes several seconds to wake up: If I don't use the keyboard for a while it goes to sleep and when I eventually press a button the computer freezes and after a few seconds it unfreezes and registers the keypress. Then it works normally. I am on Windows 10 Education 20H2 19042.746. I have turned off all...
  4. Microsoft Keyboard Won’t wake up

Microsoft Keyboard Won’t wake up: Hello my microsoft usb wireless keyboard keeps sleeping and wont come back on unless i take out the battery and put it back. ive look at other posts about this, however the issue i have is very odd and the solutions dont work. i have made sure that under device...
  5. Microsoft Designer Keyboard doesn't wake up

Microsoft Designer Keyboard doesn't wake up: Microsoft Designer Keyboard doesn't wake up after going into a sleep mode. It takes 30-60 s to press repeatedly any button to wake it up. The problem started after the last Win10 update. Before the update it was working fine....
  6. Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Keyboard wont wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Keyboard wont wake up: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Surface bluetooth keyboard on DELL XPS15 and the keyboard doesn't always wake up from the sleep mode no lights on FN, NumLK or Caps Lock; doesn't do anything. When the computer wakes up, 4 out if 5 times, the keyboard wakes up as well. But...
  7. Screen stutter when bluetooth keyboard wakes up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen stutter when bluetooth keyboard wakes up: Hi! I own the Microsoft Surface Keyboard (the bluetooth one without the cable option) and it will go into sleep mode after 1-2 ish minutes. However, each time I wake it up by pressing any button, Windows will stutter for 1 second and then everything is fine. I have tried to...
  8. Bluetooth keyboard stutter when waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth keyboard stutter when waking up: I own the Microsoft Surface Keyboard (the bluetooth one without the cable option) and it will go into sleep mode after 2 ish minutes. However, each time I wake it up by pressing any button, Windows will stutter for 1 second and then everything is fine. I have tried to...
  9. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up: I've just bought the new Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard but it is not waking the PC from sleep or hibernate mode. I've already tried to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from HID Device Manager and also from Bluetooth Radio. It Is just not...
  10. Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard: Help me to set up waking the pc with a mouse or keyboard. Normally when my laptop goes to sleep, I have to press the power button to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-the-pc-with-mouse-or-keyboard/951b0a7c-36ee-4242-8eff-9a9d3fe59be0