Windows 10: Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard on Bitlocker

Discus and support Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard on Bitlocker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I just realised that the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard does not allow it to work when keying in Bitlocker PIN on Windows. Is there a separate USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LearningGuru, May 11, 2020.

1. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard on Bitlocker

Hi

I just realised that the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard does not allow it to work when keying in Bitlocker PIN on Windows.

Is there a separate USB Microsoft Bluetooth transceiver or any other solution to this to allow keystroke input on Bitlocker screen on the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard?

:)

LearningGuru, May 11, 2020

2. Microsoft bluetooth keyboard / running Windows 10

Hello Betty,

The issue could possibly caused by software conflicts, outdated drivers and compatibility issues.

For us to better help you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the exact model of your Bluetooth keyboard?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds in this article
    to troubleshoot response failures in a Bluetooth keyboard.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 11, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft Unveils Company's Thinnest Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000

Microsoft Corp. today announced its thinnest keyboard ever — the Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 — made exclusively for Bluetooth notebook and desktop computers. Projections show that over 55 percent of notebook PCs will ship with Bluetooth by the end of 2010. With mobile PCs getting more compact, the Microsoft Hardware team created the Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 to address consumers’ need for comfortable and portable computing accessories.

Microsoft Hardware’s Industrial Design team designed the keyboard so it doesn’t sacrifice style, while creating a compact, clean and refined product, offering ultimate comfort with Microsoft’s Comfort Curve layout. The keyboard also features a portable Bluetooth Number Pad that helps people stay productive wherever they work.

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard on Bitlocker 113a_thm.jpg

“The design tenets of compact, clean and refined really set the stage for the success of the keyboard,” said Chris Kujawski, industrial designer for Microsoft Hardware. “There is nothing extraneous about the design. We removed everything that didn’t fit with those ideas and ended up with something we’re really proud of — a compact, sophisticated keyboard that pairs perfectly with Bluetooth computers.”

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard on Bitlocker 113b_thm.jpg

Keyboard Looks As Good As It Feels
    Microsoft’s thinnest keyboard ever — just a few millimeters thicker than a AAA battery at the back — the Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 tapers down toward the front, so the keyboard is light and easy to pick up. And to enable the small footprint to still deliver ultimate comfort, the keyboard uses a Comfort Curve design for a more ergonomic typing experience over the straight keyboard layout of notebook computers. Microsoft’s Comfort Curve design encourages natural wrist posture with a slight 6-degree curve that is easy to use with virtually no learning curve. With more than 10 million Comfort Curve keyboards sold, it’s a consumer favorite, with 94 percent of users who own a Comfort Curve keyboard saying they would recommend it to friends and family.

Perfectly Portable Bluetooth Number Pad
    One of the top consumer pain points when using a notebook or netbook is the lack of a number pad. Accompanying the Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 is a stand-alone Bluetooth Number Pad that can be used with the keyboard or by itself to help increase productivity. The number pad comes with a carrying case for added portability and also will be available in a stand-alone version.

Pricing and Availability
    The Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 and Bluetooth Number Pad will be available in October 2009 for an estimated retail price of $89.95 (U.S.) and $44.95 (U.S.), respectively. The Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 and Bluetooth Number Pad are backed by a worldwide three-year limited hardware warranty from Microsoft.

Source: Microsoft

btarunr, May 11, 2020
  4. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard on Bitlocker

Will a bluetooth keyboard work with Bitlocker?

I would like to purchase a Bluetooth keyboard, but I am concerned it will not work with my setup.

I am running Windows 10 with a USB Bluetooth device to get Bluetooth.The USB Bluetooth device receives all Bluetooth connections. I also have BitLocker running at startup which requires a password for the boot to continue.

Would my computer be able to detect and use the Bluetooth keyboard at boot time to enter the BitLocker password?

DCIndieDev, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard on Bitlocker

1. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard on Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard

2. Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.: Hi there,I have an issue with the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Model 1898. The keyboard is showing up as paired but not connected. The BT keyboard is listed under the OTHER DEVICES section, not the INPUT section under SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH & DEVICES > DEVICES.Thus the keyboard...
  3. Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.: Hi there,I have an issue with the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Model 1898. The keyboard is showing up as paired but not connected. The BT keyboard is listed under the OTHER DEVICES section, not the INPUT section under SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH & DEVICES > DEVICES.Thus the keyboard...
  4. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  5. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  6. Microsoft bluetooth keyboard disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft bluetooth keyboard disable: Hi,I have a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.the mouse has a button that turns it off, but the similar button on the keyboard doesn't do that.when I leave the keyboard in my bag, all the keys are pressed. the battery of the keyboard is also drone down significantly...
  7. Microsoft bluetooth keyboard disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft bluetooth keyboard disable: Hi,I have a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.the mouse has a button that turns it off, but the similar button on the keyboard doesn't do that.when I leave the keyboard in my bag, all the keys are pressed. the battery of the keyboard is also drone down significantly...
  8. Microsoft bluetooth keyboard disable

9. Microsoft Surface Bluetooth keyboard support on Bitlocker Screen for Dell XPS

Microsoft Surface Bluetooth keyboard support on Bitlocker Screen for Dell XPS: I have the same question as this one: Bluetooth Keyboard Support But i am using a DELL XPS 15 7590 instead. My bluetooth keybaord does not work/pair by the time the bit locker screen is presented. Cheers....
  10. Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard: My designer microsoft keyboard and mouse has been working perfectly for months. Today I moved from a hotel back to my apartment. When trying to re"pair" the devices only the mouse could be found. On the keyboard latest design there is no power button or pairing button. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker code with bluetooth keyboard

2. bluetooth keyboard bitlocker