Windows 10: Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil 3600 - Can't rename them OR ANY Bluetooth device

Discus and support Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil 3600 - Can't rename them OR ANY Bluetooth device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two "Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600" mice-- One blue, one red. Win 10 Home - 1909, Lenovo Legion Y745 Core I7 Gen 10 I have search the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NEPHX2010, Dec 13, 2020.

1. NEPHX2010 Win User

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil 3600 - Can't rename them OR ANY Bluetooth device

I have two "Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600" mice-- One blue, one red.

Win 10 Home - 1909, Lenovo Legion Y745 Core I7 Gen 10

I have search the hundreds of issues related to this mouse Microsoft, come on, you make the OS and the mouse - do better but it can't seem to be renamed. When attempted to do so in "Connected Device" tab of the properties of the mouse in Control Panel. The message is: Renaming Device Failed.

Tried it with BT on, BT off, Device on, Device off.

Other BT devices are discussed online and have a BT tab. These mice and other devices do not.

NONE of my BT devices area able to be renamed.

Win10 will not let me get past Apply button. It returns the error message below.

It seems as if this used to work but no longer.

Thanks

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil 3600 -  Can't rename them OR ANY Bluetooth device d5a6d6dd-7b16-4092-a6ab-7e7fb7398785?upload=true.jpg

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil 3600 -  Can't rename them OR ANY Bluetooth device 0adf414b-7af8-4642-bebb-308111b7c0b9?upload=true.jpg

Windows: Win 10 Home Lenovo 1909

Hardware: Lenovo Legion Y545 Core I7 Gen 9, 16G RAM, 512 SSD

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil 3600 -  Can't rename them OR ANY Bluetooth device 4598fdd9-fc7d-43d7-8068-e6e226e90971?upload=true.jpg

:)

NEPHX2010, Dec 13, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Making it Better with Bluetooth Technology v4.0

Microsoft's Windows 8 announcement introduces native support for Bluetooth v4.0. Bluetooth v4.0 enabled products running the Windows 8 operating system, such as the new Surface tablet, will be Bluetooth Smart Ready products, enabling them to connect to familiar Bluetooth devices, like wireless speakers, and to the next generation of ultra power-efficient Bluetooth Smart products now coming to market.

Last weeks' Microsoft announcement is an acknowledgement of the massive Bluetooth ecosystem and strong consumer demand for secure, convenient wireless connectivity the technology provides," said Suke Jawanda, Bluetooth SIG CMO. "With Bluetooth v4.0 incorporated into the Windows operating system, hardware and software developers will have increased opportunities to provide new devices, applications, and services for their customers. Securely feeding web services and applications with cloud friendly data via a Bluetooth connection is a key component in the shift to cloud computing and more broadly, the Internet of Things."

OS-level support for Bluetooth 4.0 technology in Windows 8 allows hardware and software developers to tap into the billions-strong market of Bluetooth products in a scalable way. App developers will be able to use an API to feed data collected from Bluetooth Smart low-energy sensors, like a fitness monitor or medical device, to an application running on a Bluetooth Smart Ready product like the Microsoft Surface.

The launch of Bluetooth v4.0 unleashed a wave of new Bluetooth Smart and Smart Ready devices which provide manufactures and developers the opportunity to create the next generation of devices and software applications that will transform the way consumers interact with their technology. Microsoft is the latest in a list of companies utilizing Bluetooth v4.0 and the technology's low energy capabilities, a list that also includes major brands like Nike, Samsung, Panasonic, Nintendo, Sony and Ford, among others. Bluetooth technology's massive ecosystem is expected to expand remarkably within the next five years reaching 20 billion cumulative Bluetooth enabled device shipments by 2017.

btarunr, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 3600 isn't working.

Hi Bartosz,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing Bluetooth mouse on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have tried the below:

• Have you turned on the mouse while connecting via Bluetooth?
    • Were you able to connect any other devices via Bluetooth to your laptop?
    • What is the complete error message of this issue?

Step 1: I suggest you to download the driver for the mouse from the below link, try to install and check if it helps.

Software download for Mouse 3600

Choose the appropriate operating system and try to install the software.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by
    Rajith R on August 29, 2015 and check if it helps.

My Bluetooth device is enabled and
    shows as “Paired”, but isn’t working

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 13, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil 3600 - Can't rename them OR ANY Bluetooth device - Similar Threads - Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil

2. Microsoft Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 disconnection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 disconnection: Hi.I own Microsoft's 3600 mouse and lately, it's getting disconnected a lot of times. When I try to pair it again through the Bluetooth setup, it's not successful, although usually it's not even detected. The only solution I found is removing the Bluetooth general drivers...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 disconnection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 disconnection: Hi.I own Microsoft's 3600 mouse and lately, it's getting disconnected a lot of times. When I try to pair it again through the Bluetooth setup, it's not successful, although usually it's not even detected. The only solution I found is removing the Bluetooth general drivers...
  4. rename bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rename bluetooth device: Following the directions:: "Click on Hardware & Sound. Select Devices & Printers. On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties. Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device. Let us know if you will need further assistance."...
  5. Microsoft Mobile Bluetooth 3600

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mobile Bluetooth 3600: Just purchased Microsoft Mobile Bluetooth 3600 for my Lenovo ideapad 330s. I had no problems connecting; however, when the cursor stops removing, I have to click on connect on notification tab to get to work. Is there a fix?...
  6. Bluetooth mouse Mobile 3600

Bluetooth mouse Mobile 3600: I've purchased the MS Bluetooth Mobile 3600 mouse to use with my new Dell XPS 15, which is running windows 10. The system can't seem to be able to discover the mouse (search window keeps looking with no results found). The mouse is discoverable by my iPhone funnily enough...
  7. Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 Not Working

Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 Not Working: I am trying to connect my Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 mouse (its a Microsoft Product). I put in the receiver and it installs as the "Microsoft Wireless Transceiver." However, the mouse itself still does not work. I have new batteries in it....
  8. Microsoft bluetooth mobile mouse 3600 keeps disconnecting

Microsoft bluetooth mobile mouse 3600 keeps disconnecting: I turn on my mouse, it auto-connects to my Dell XPS-15 laptop, functions for about 10 seconds, then turns off. I have ensured that the power settings are not interfering by going to Device Manager - Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth - Properties - Power Management - Uncheck...
  9. renaming a bluetooth device

renaming a bluetooth device: how do I rename a Bluetooth device I connect to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-a-bluetooth-device/1150a095-16e9-49ac-9afc-25b9169ce339
  10. Microsoft bluetooth mobile mouse 3600 - connected but I can't use it.

Microsoft bluetooth mobile mouse 3600 - connected but I can't use it.: Hi, I try connect my new mouse ( Microsoft bluetooth mobile mouse 3600 ) with my laptop. I make all the steps properly, but nothing happens. In the properties of the touchpad(Elan Smart-Pad) have a option, disable when external USB pointer device plug in, this is checked....