Windows 10: Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift

Discus and support Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It seems these all have the $ symbol wherever you purchase from even from UK major brand name stores. If I push shift + @ I get " If I push shift +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArnieArnold, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift

It seems these all have the $ symbol wherever you purchase from even from UK major brand name stores.

If I push shift + @ I get "

If I push shift + hash I get £

if I push shift + ~ I get ¬

if I push shift + key above enter I get ~

I can't find anywhere on the internet for a solution, the Microsoft Mouse Keyboard centre won't work on blue tooth, the other option I already have installed.

Anyone help me please?

On back there's a sticker saying MS Part No. X822561-008

:)

ArnieArnold, Apr 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Announces the Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000

Nokia BFF Microsoft has today revealed a new peripheral which caters to the typing needs of Windows, Android and iOS tablet owners, the Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000. This keyboard measures 165 × 355 × 13 mm, it features a sleek, Comfort Curve design (allowing for a more natural wrist posture), Bluetooth connectivity (range is up to 10 meters), and comes with a three-year warranty.

The Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 requires two AAA batteries to work and is scheduled to become available later this month. Its price tag is $49.95.

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift microsoft_bluetooth_mobile_keyboard_5000_01_thm.jpg

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift microsoft_bluetooth_mobile_keyboard_5000_02_thm.jpg

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift microsoft_bluetooth_mobile_keyboard_5000_03_thm.jpg

Cristian_25H, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Octavean Win User
    Microsoft Announces the Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000

As I stated before, my Microsoft 6000 keyboard which looks to be identical to this Microsoft 5000 keyboard came bundled with my Asus Eee Slate EP121 Windows 7 tablet. Although Microsoft sells it as a alone product too. It seems to be intended as a general purpose Bluetooth keyboard for tablet devices. The Asus Transformer and Transformer Prime keyboards + battery attachment may be better designed but its not general purpose (doesn’t fit other devices) and comes in at a whopping ~$150. Also not all devices are deigned with such specialized attachments in mind and those would need a more general keyboard design.

Having said that, I haven’t used the included OEM Microsoft 6000 keyboard with my Asus Eee Slate EP121 Windows 7 Tablet. It seems unnecessary,….

Also, there have been a lot of complaints that the OEM Microsoft 6000 keyboard will lose sync,....

Octavean, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Octavean Win User

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift

Microsoft Announces the Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000

OK, but I dont see how this Microsoft 5000 keyboard is any different then the Microsoft 6000 keyboard,.....which can be had for ~$32 at newegg. I have one but its OEM and came with my Asus Eee Pad EP121 Windows 7 Tablet.

Octavean, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift

1. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift - Similar Threads - Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile

2. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000: Hello, I purchased a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 but lost the USB receiver in a move. Is there any way I can purchase another to go with the keyboard?Model Number: 1394S/N: 0200801247597...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000: Hello, I purchased a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 but lost the USB receiver in a move. Is there any way I can purchase another to go with the keyboard?Model Number: 1394S/N: 0200801247597...
  4. my shift button in keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my shift button in keyboard not working: Hello, shift button in my keyboard is not working.Please try to fix my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shift-button-in-keyboard-not-working/2ee82820-4f16-4146-8f1e-6a871b3e9220
  5. Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols

Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols: This problem has occurred several times for apparently no reason. The web gives many links that propose a number of surgeries. Every single time it has happened to me, a simple restart has cured it. 172639
  6. Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols: This problem has occurred several times for apparently no reason. The web gives many links that propose a number of surgeries. Every single time it has happened to me, a simple restart has cured it. 172639
  7. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000: I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile keyboard 5000 and it had low batteries and when changed now red and green lights flash and it doesn't work. I have tried pushing the bluetooth button but it doesn't help....
  8. Keyboard typing wrong symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing wrong symbol: Hey, My keyboard is having some error. 1. shift + 2 output " (should be @) 2. shift + 3 output £ (should be #) 3. shift + ' output @ (should be ") How should I fix this ? Regards, CXY...
  9. Microsoft 5000 comfort keyboard and mouse

Microsoft 5000 comfort keyboard and mouse: Microsoft 5000 comfort keyboard and mouse transceiver is broken? How do I get a replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-5000-comfort-keyboard-and-mouse/0aa005ae-82ee-4690-841b-394a7f79185a
  10. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000: Folks, I have this product for almost 10 years, and the usb receiver has been damaged, but the keyboard and mouse work normally, how can I get another receiver? I did a brief survey and said that each kit has its own receiver, ie other receivers are not going to work in my...