Windows 10: Microsoft bootloader seems to be totally missing/destroyed

Discus and support Microsoft bootloader seems to be totally missing/destroyed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello a friend brought me her laptop and it is refusing to boot in any way. Facts: The Volume is bitlocker encrypted -> the key is not available so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kiritaku, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Kiritaku Win User

Microsoft bootloader seems to be totally missing/destroyed

Hello a friend brought me her laptop and it is refusing to boot in any way.

Facts:

The Volume is bitlocker encrypted -> the key is not available so no mounting in linux or the likes

A bootable USB is not of any help, no option is working NOT EVEN THE COMMAND LINE as in:

bootrec /fixboot returns an error

/scanos does not find anything (0)

bcdedit export fails

recreating the mbr from Linux fails aswell.

Interestingly:

In Linux using fdisk -l 4 partitions show up (all windows partitions) while using diskpart only returns two disks, one being the USB 28GB and the other being the DVD drive. Is there some reason for this? Could the MBR still be intact and could this be another problem?

Microsoft bootloader seems to be totally missing/destroyed [​IMG]

Microsoft bootloader seems to be totally missing/destroyed [​IMG]

:)

Kiritaku, Aug 12, 2019
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 12, 2019
  4. winactive Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

Use the restore point and wushowhide.cab to hide the beggar.

*Arrow Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

winactive, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft bootloader seems to be totally missing/destroyed - Similar Threads - Microsoft bootloader seems

2. Few drivers totally missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Few drivers totally missing: I was having an issue with my PC so I performed a reset and now Bluetooth and Biometric Fingerprint are completely missing.I did a troubleshoot and it said my pc doesn't have bluetooth capabilities but I'm sure it has because I've been using it. I have tried so many things,...
  3. Bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader: Hello I tried to create a USB external SSD portable Ubuntu. I followed the online instructions so as not to affect my bootloader. Guess what, it affected my bootloader . Without doing a clean install is there a way to restore the bootloader which is relatively...
  4. My computer seems totally F'ed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer seems totally F'ed: I can't do a startup repair. The computer restarts and the screen just remains black until I turn it off. I can't uninstall the latest Windows update because it does the exact same thing. I can't install the latest Windows update (it's giving me an error). It wants to install...
  5. Clover Bootloader

Clover Bootloader: Hiya, I am going to install clover bootloader whilst clean installing windows 10 for BIOS UEFI (but the BIOS UEFI are 32-Bit). So after I have set up the partitions (shift + F10 before installing windows) from command prompt - please note the automatic set up of partitions...
  6. microsoft destroys again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft destroys again: I have had contact with every edition of software going back to dos. what are you guys godzilla? do you find it funny to crash crush and generally break **** like my children use to do? I get sucked into every new edition because you know longer update the previous version....
  7. Updates totally destroyed my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates totally destroyed my laptop?: Last month, it seemed I was getting Window updates every few days. Started getting error messages and took forever to get to my login screen, so I contacted Microsoft Support. The first rep I spoke to uninstalled windows and began to reinstall it. The next day it had not...
  8. Updates totally destroyed my laptop?

Updates totally destroyed my laptop?: Last month, it seemed I was getting Window updates every few days. Started getting error messages and took forever to get to my login screen so I contacted Microsoft Support. The rep I spoke to uninstalled windows and began to reinstall it. The next day it had not...
  9. Metro Bootloader

Metro Bootloader: I just did a dual boot with windows 10 and windows 7 and all I get is the black and white bootloader. Before I partitioned my drive and installed windows 7 I had the Metro bootloader with my windows 10 and Macrium Reflect but after installing windows 7 on the new partition...
  10. Microsoft hosted virtual adapter is totally missing in windows 10

Microsoft hosted virtual adapter is totally missing in windows 10: Recently i have purchased my brand new hp laptop. in my laptop - Microsoft hosted virtual adapter is missing. how can i get/install/ download Microsoft hosted virtual adapter / Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter? plz help me.... 41810