Windows 10: Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together

Discus and support Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Remember the mysterious test that Microsoft wanted Windows 10 Insider Build testers to run recently without revealing anything about it? Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 25, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together

Remember the mysterious test that Microsoft wanted Windows 10 Insider Build testers to run recently without revealing anything about it?

Microsoft wanted users to report any issues found during the installation and launch of State of Decay, but did not reveal any information other than that.

Turns out that Microsoft could have had testers install the Xbox One version of State of Decay, or at least a large part of it, on the Windows 10 device.

Brad Sams over on Thurrot suggests that the State of Decay test was Microsoft's first public test at making available an Xbox One game as the "primary installation for Windows".

Microsoft did not confirm nor deny that; Sams discovered that the game installer downloaded the data from an Xbox Live domain and not from the usual server that Microsoft Store apps and games were offered from.

There is more evidence. It turns out that the downloaded files used the .xvc format. Microsoft created the format for the Xbox One but it seems the company added support for it to the upcoming version of Windows 10.

Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together dxdiag.png

The State of Decay installer, which you can run from PowerShell as Sams notes, loads a legacy DirectX installation setup routine which installs the required DirectX components on the computer.

Microsoft has an interest in pushing the company's Xbox One system and gaming on Windows 10. Making it easier for game companies to develop games that work on Xbox One and Windows 10 with little overhead will certainly help with that.

While it is certainly easier to develop games that run on PCs and consoles, thanks to consoles becoming more like PCs in many regards and improving development options, improving that process further could give Microsoft the boost it needs to compete with Sony and Nintendo in the console market, and increase Windows 10's attractiveness as well.

It is unclear at this point whether the functionality will find its way into Windows 10 version 1903, the next feature upgrade version. It seems unlikely, considering that we are just 1-2 months away from the release of that version.

Microsoft could plan to have everything ready before the launch of its next console (Xbox Two, maybe). This would give it ample time, a year at least, to test and integrate the functionality in the operating system.

Closing Words

More Xbox games on PC is a good thing for PC gamers; most would probably prefer that Microsoft would not make the games Microsoft Store exclusive. Another concern that some gamers may have is that developers might use shortcuts by launching the Xbox One version in its unmodified or nearly unmodified state on PC; this could be problematic in regards to controls, graphics, and other functionality.

Now You: what is your take on this?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Brings Dolby Vision to Xbox One

Source: Microsoft Brings Dolby Vision to Xbox: Dolby Vision on the Xbox, Explained - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Darksaber Win User
    Xbox 360 cracked

Even though the hack is very complex, and should not be done by you and me, but the crack will let you play back-ups of your Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 games, and will boot all normal xbox games, yes all, not just the onces on the compatibilty list. So we are one step closer.

Source: TheINQ

Darksaber, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 and Xbox Live Bring Competitive Gaming to All Skill Levels

Source: Windows 10 and Xbox Live Bring Competitive Gaming to All Skill Levels | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together - Similar Threads - Microsoft bringing Xbox

2. Xbox game on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game on pc: Hi! I'm about to buy the Plants vs zombies Garden Warfare, but i can't find any cheaper option with PC key than the origin. I found a legal website where I can buy this game, but the PC keys are sold out EVERYWHERE not this website only. So if i buy the xbox key and I...
  3. Closer Together . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closer Together . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I just, reset my computer. And. there's one thing. I don't know how to do? How do you, change the spacing. Between, the desktop icons? They're, very far apart. I want to get them closer. That's it. Thanks for reading ....
  4. xbox games on the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox games on the pc: tired to download xbox games on pc however my library is empty , i no longer have the xbox but i still have the account and i dont really want to pay for games i already had on there...
  5. A closer look at Xbox Series X

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Xbox Series X: [ATTACH] A few months ago, we revealed Xbox Series X, our fastest, most powerful console ever, designed for a console generation that has you, the player, at its center. When it is released this holiday season, Xbox Series X will set a new bar for performance, speed and...
  6. Xbox gaming on the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox gaming on the pc: I purchased Gears 4 on my pc .When i push play It just disappears .I have the required hardware for the game What could it be ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gaming-on-the-pc/57fe2fd4-b1d3-4f2f-bbe0-e4b7ce9847b2
  7. Microsoft Brings Dolby Vision to Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Brings Dolby Vision to Xbox One: [ATTACH] You may have seen Dolby Vision on TVs and a few other devices; but now, Microsoft is bringing you the first ever game console which supports Dolby Vision through media streaming apps, such as Netflix. As an Xbox enthusiast, this means you can enjoy incredible...
  8. Microsoft is getting closer to bringing its own Handoff-like feat. ...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is getting closer to bringing its own Handoff-like feat. ...: Microsoft is getting closer to bringing its own Handoff-like feature to Windows 10 [img] Back in April, we reported that Microsoft has added a new option to Windows 10 which allows Windows 10 PC users to continue app experiences from their other devices running...
  9. Facebook making updates to rankings to bring people closer together

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook making updates to rankings to bring people closer together: Facebook was built to bring people closer together and build relationships. One of the ways we do this is by connecting people to meaningful posts from their friends and family in News Feed. Over the next few months, we’ll be making updates to ranking so people have more...
  10. The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

in Windows 10 News
    The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together: From email to Hangouts to a good ol' fashioned phone call, you've got a lot of options to get in touch with someone. But keeping all those options organized for all your contacts...well, it can be a pain, especially when you need to find that information in a hurry! So...