Windows 10: Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has already confirmed that it will base its new Edge browser on Chromium, the open-source project that also powers Google Chrome. After this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 10, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10

Microsoft has already confirmed that it will base its new Edge browser on Chromium, the open-source project that also powers Google Chrome. After this announcement, Microsoft started contributing to Chromium which means the company’s efforts will make Chrome better, too.

A recent commit to Chromium’s Gerrit source code management by Microsoft revealed that Microsoft is adding a new feature to solve the scrolling issues in Chrome. The flag titled ‘Smooth Scrolling’ is now live in Chrome Canary and it allows webpages to animate smoothly when scrolling page content.

You can test this feature in Chrome Canary by searching for ‘Smooth Scrolling’ in flags menu. After enabling smooth scrolling, you may notice improvements when scrolling heavy web pages in Chrome.

Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10 Smooth-Scrolling-in-Chrome.jpg

As per the flag, the feature will work on Windows and other platforms. There’s also a post by Microsoft engineer on Google products forum to detail the functionality of smooth scrolling.

“This proposal is to move composited scrollbar scrolling to the impl thread so that even when the main thread is busy, users can continue to interact with and scroll using scrollbars,” Microsoft engineer explains. “By avoiding the main thread in Chromium as well, we believe we can bring the performance of scrollbar drags more in line with what we observe in EdgeHTML,” it further reads.

It’s not known when Google will ship a Chrome update with smooth scrolling, but it’ll probably happen by mid-2019. For now, you can enable and use it in Chrome Canary.

The post Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 10, 2019

2. What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Mar 10, 2019
  3. JTristam Win User
    Chrome 34 Kills Smooth Scrolling?

Been waiting for long and still no improvement. The smooth scrolling flag is gone for Windows, and since I don't wanna use extension just to get it back, I think I'll stick with 33.

And it seems like I'm not the only one who wanted the flag back in Chrome again.

Chrome 34 - Smooth Scrolling Flag is gone on Windows

Come on, Google, stop removing/disabling useful features people like to have!

JTristam, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10

How to disable smooth scrolling for metro apps in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the smooth scrolling and check if it helps.

• Navigate to System Properties by right clicking
      Properties from my computer.
    • Click on Advanced and click on
      Performance settings
    • In Visual Effects tab of Performance Options window, click
      Custom. Then deselect the following items to Disable some unnecessary eye candy:
    • Uncheck Smooth-scroll list boxes.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10

1. Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft brings smooth

2. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  3. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  4. Disable smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable smooth scrolling: How can I disable smooth scrolling, but leave other animations intact? For me, nonsmooth scrolling is an accessibility requirement. Just like a person with low vision might need high contrast or a screen reader, in a similar way, I need nonsmooth scrolling. I know that...
  5. Smooth scroll not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Smooth scroll not working?: I recently updated several drivers, one of them was for my mouse and keyboard also Microsoft products, and when that happened I noticed that when I scrolled down on a website using the wheel, it would skip several pages so I used the scroll bar to read the whole thing. I was...
  6. Mouse smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse smooth scrolling: Some screen asked me if I want smooth scrolling and I said yes and I hate it. I can't find that window back. I don't want smooth scrolling. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-smooth-scrolling/675577ca-3a8b-4939-b1ad-7ab54c86aaec
  7. Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets Microsoft’s power saving feature

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets Microsoft’s power saving feature: Earlier this year, Microsoft launched a new version of its Edge browser built on open-source Chromium platform. Microsoft has repeated its assertion from last year that it is very interested in contributing to the Chromium open source project and make Chromium-based browsers...
  8. Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is available for testers with a limited set of features as the browser is still in the early days of development. Microsoft is also focusing on the new features that would arrive in Edge in future and the company shared details of upcoming improvements at Build...
  9. Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to animate smoothly when scrolling page content in Google...
  10. How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer?: Hi There, it's been a long time since i asked for help around here. Well i'm here again anyway, straight to the topic. I'm actually looking for a way to make the Windows Explorer Scroll like a Web-Browser like Chrome.. Didn't get what i mean? Here : I just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smooth scrolling windows 10

2. smooth scrolling windows 10?