Windows 10: Microsoft brings Windows 10 to Makers

Discus and support Microsoft brings Windows 10 to Makers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We are continually inspired by the enthusiasm and passion for technology represented by the Maker community. Today we are excited to share what’s next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft brings Windows 10 to Makers

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...-10-to-makers/

:)

Brink, Apr 29, 2015
  2. Ernas LTU Win User

Windows 10 and Windows Movie Maker

I agree with you. I also used Windows Media Center and Windows Movie Maker all of my life and I love it. Microsoft Please bring it back to Windows 10!!!

Ernas LTU, Apr 29, 2015
  3. Stranger_Hanyo Win User
    Why is less apps in Windows Store?

Use the Feedback Hub app on your phone and voice your suggestions there. Also, Microsoft is not responsible for bringing 3rd party apps on Windows Phones, ask the app maker to bring them on Windows.

Stranger_Hanyo, Apr 29, 2015
  4. alphanumeric New Member

Loaded it up on my Pi and had a quick look see. Not a whole lot to see, or do. The Default App loads and shows you your Device ID and IP address. There are only two buttons you can click, Settings gets you your WIFI/Internet settings and language region settings. That's it. And a power button to shut down or reboot. Mine just reboots though when I click shut down? To do anything else you have to remote in from a PC with Power Shell. I tried to follow their instructions but got errors in Power Shell and just gave up at that point. I may have another go at it today some time. Looks like all your programing is done via Visual Studio on a Windows 10 PC. You Pi ends up being a headless Internet appliance. Makes sense I guess, as that's what IoT is all about. I personally wouldn't call what's running on the Pi Windows 10 though. The Windows LOGO on boot up is the only similarity I see. Once you boot up there is no Start Menu or Start Screen. The Windows key on the keyboard does nothing. Your locked into that one default screen. Unless I'm missing something?

alphanumeric, Apr 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft brings Windows 10 to Makers - Similar Threads - Microsoft brings Makers

2. Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Movie Maker: I had windows movie maker when my operating system was Windows Vista. I upgraded to windows 10 about 1-2 yrs ago. I when to find that window movie maker software I had, and it appears to have been deleted. Doesn't show up in my list of software. How do I find it or...
  3. Microsoft releases Font Maker app for Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases Font Maker app for Windows 10 users: Microsoft today announced that they have pushed out the new Font Maker app for Windows 10 users in the Microsoft Store. The app is available for download from the Microsoft Store. The Font Maker app, as the name suggests, lets users to create their own fonts. It lets users...
  4. Microsoft is bringing a new keyboard experience to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is bringing a new keyboard experience to Windows 10: Microsoft always wanted to bring a better keyboard solution on Windows 10 PCs in order to refine typing on a touchscreen. A while ago, Microsoft introduced Windows Phone-like keyboard on Windows 10 which refined the typing experience on a touchscreen device. Microsoft today...
  5. Microsoft launches Font Maker app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft launches Font Maker app for Windows 10: Microsoft recently moved the Font management from Control Panel to Settings in Windows 10 April 2018 Update, and the company also published its fonts in the app store. It looks like Microsoft is making another important step in this regard. The company quietly published a...
  6. Microsoft bringing new 'Game Mode' to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft bringing new 'Game Mode' to Windows 10: Microsoft is working on a brand new "Game Mode" feature for Windows 10 that will enhance the PC gaming experience by minimizing resources used by running apps to almost nothing and allocating freed up resources to the game, making it run faster, better and smoother overall....
  7. Windows Movie Maker 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Movie Maker 10: Bring back Windows Movie Maker 6 but name it 10 and add a few more features. I truly feel that the best WMM is one that is integrated into the operating system - not Windows Live Movie Maker (blah). This time around the movie maker could do a better job in producing higher...
  8. Microsoft’s Bold Plan to Bring PWAs to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Bold Plan to Bring PWAs to Windows 10: I recently spoke with Microsoft’s Jeff Burtoft and Aaron Gustafson about the company’s plans to bring Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) to Windows 10. And I couldn’t be more excited about Microsoft’s plans to integrate PWAs with the desktop. This is a milestone I’ve been looking...
  9. Bringing WebVR to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing WebVR to Microsoft Edge: Today, we’re excited to announce that we’ve begun development on experimental WebVR support in Microsoft Edge! WebVR is the next frontier in web graphics, enabling developers to create a wide range of truly immersive experiences for a variety of devices. Innovative and...
  10. Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge: I am excited to share that we have shipped the first preview release of Microsoft Edge with extensions support to Windows Insiders. Since the beginning of the Microsoft Edge project, our roadmap has always included extensions in order to support a vibrant community of...