Windows 10: Microsoft Calculator

Discus and support Microsoft Calculator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The best from every angle calculator is the older one. Until this one in Windows 7. The reason is you can all the time see the history of your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stan-Todorov, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Microsoft Calculator

The best from every angle calculator is the older one. Until this one in Windows 7. The reason is you can all the time see the history of your calculations and you can use it easy and intuitively. In Windows 10 it's not like that. It's a lot worse.

My question is - please tell me how i can download the Windows 7 calculator. I make a lot of calculations everyday... the newest calc it's just ... not good.

:)

Stan-Todorov, Jun 5, 2019

2. Calculator Will not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?
    If it is a built in Calculator I would suggest you to check if you can open and check the status.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type calc and hit Enter
      and check the status if its opening.
    I would also suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Note:Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Calculator

Hi,

Some of the reasons why the calculator app will not work properly are: the program encountered a corrupted system files, virus and malware, and another application is conflicting with it.

We suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the calculator. In doing so, you will have a fresh copy of the application which will eliminate the issue. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Allow the application to make changes, Type in Powershell then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Add-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Restart the computer after the process and try accessing the menu of the calculator.
    Don't hesitate to provide your feedback.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Microsoft Calculator

calculator again

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query.

Here are some steps that may help:

I request you to remove Calculator by following the below steps:

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
    2. Click File > Run New Task
    3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    4. Type CMD
    5. Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:
      1. powershell
      2. get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCalculator* | remove-appxpackage
    6. Close the CMD window.

Now you can install the Calculator from Windows store or from the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-calculator/9wzdncrfhvn5

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kevin Larry, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Calculator

1. Microsoft Calculator - Similar Threads - Microsoft Calculator

2. What has Microsoft done to the windows 10 calculator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What has Microsoft done to the windows 10 calculator?: What has Microsoft done to the windows 10 calculator? I use it in Programmer mode using Hex, and it was fine until this week. Now it's been messed about with, and I can't copy and paste with one click, and there's a space between digits which wasn't there before and doesn't...
  3. Microsoft Apps to disappear, calculator, image view, app store, etc windows search &...

in Cortana
    Microsoft Apps to disappear, calculator, image view, app store, etc windows search &...: We have a standard to disable Windows Firewall service within our Domain. Now the Search feature does not work, if i turn it to Automatic then Start the Search feature works. What does the Firewall have to do with the Search This Computer for Files? I using the Windows 10...
  4. Unable to launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Store, Calculator after Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Store, Calculator after Windows...: Ever since the latest update this past Saturday, 3/16/2019 to Windows 10 version 1803 KB4489868 (OS Build 17134.648), I cannot launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection or the Microsoft Store. Anyone else with this bug? I have a Lenovo ThinkPad from 2015. My girlfriend has a...
  5. Microsoft Calculator app

Microsoft Calculator app: Why is the Microsoft Calculator app display so large? It changed with the last Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-calculator-app/14885917-ea66-4b84-94fc-7e024e5b9501
  6. Microsoft calculator

Microsoft calculator: The Calculator gives 2 different answers for the following equation: 5 - 5x5 +5. The standard (default option) calculator gives the answer of 5 which is wrong while the scientific option gives the correct answer of -15. This should be corrected so that anyone using the...
  7. Microsoft Store & apps like Groove, Camera, Calendar, Calculator etc does not open up.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store & apps like Groove, Camera, Calendar, Calculator etc does not open up.: I already tried the following steps following an earlier post : 1. wsreset.exe 2. Command Prompt (Admin) - powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml 3. Tried Troubleshooting...
  8. What is up with the huge Calculator in Windows 10, Microsoft?

in Windows 10 News
    What is up with the huge Calculator in Windows 10, Microsoft?: Microsoft launched the October 2018 feature update for Windows 10 on October 2, 2018 but restricted it to manual upgrades to the new version. Users and administrators who did upgrade to the new version already, read why you may want to wait with that, may have noticed a...
  9. Microsoft Calculator Settings

Microsoft Calculator Settings: My Microsoft calculator used to hover over a page in minimized mode when I clicked it. Now it opens to a full page. Where are the settings to make it minimize and hover again??...
  10. Microsoft Calculator app update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Calculator app update: Microsoft Calculator update in Stores App 33057