Windows 10: microsoft cam not working

Discus and support microsoft cam not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH]hi there. so I've tried using my Microsoft store camera app multiple times but I'm having a little trouble. it comes up with; "we can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tleya, Nov 21, 2018.

1. tleya Win User

microsoft cam not working

microsoft cam not working fb1fe020-e4b9-4755-b7f4-c50e73968609?upload=true.png hi there.

so I've tried using my Microsoft store camera app multiple times but I'm having a little trouble. it comes up with; "we can't find your camera. check to make sure that its connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by anti-virus software, and that your camera drivers are up to date"

I clicked the 'learn how' option and followed all the instructions but couldn't figure out how to get my cam back

please help

:)

tleya, Nov 21, 2018

2. life cam hd3000

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Let’s try to update the cam driver manually and check if it helps. Follow the below step:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Imaging Device”.

• Right click on the Cam device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

I would recommend you to go to the below provided link and download the latest updated cam driver and installed it in compatibility mode and let us know the status. Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    If the issue still persist, I would suggest you to wait for some time until Microsoft does not
    release the Microsoft life cam HD3000 driver.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Web cam on Skype

Hi Martha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you updated the drivers for the web cam?

Does this issue occur only on Skype?

I suggest you to install the attest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

To install the driver updates follow the below steps.

• Open run command window( Windows key + R) and type devmgmt.msc

• Right click on driver and select update driver software.

• If the driver updates are not available install it from manufacture website.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 21, 2018
  4. microsoft cam not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

microsoft cam not working

1. microsoft cam not working - Similar Threads - microsoft cam working

2. cam app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cam app not working: its working there a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cam-app-not-working/53ba7cb0-e57d-4bb4-9ce3-37fa49caa81e
  3. cam app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cam app not working: its working there a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cam-app-not-working/53ba7cb0-e57d-4bb4-9ce3-37fa49caa81e
  4. Web cam is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web cam is not working: Hello sir/madam, This is Anand Patwa, I have Asus laptop model Vivobook 14. My web cam is not working , it is showing error " We can't find your camera". Although I had all the methods which are provided by the microsoft support but still it's not working. Please help me....
  5. Cam and Cam 2 cam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cam and Cam 2 cam: I am having trouble with my usb cam and laptop cam. I can see people but they cannot see me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cam-and-cam-2-cam/99a5b7f8-19ee-4132-ab64-eae63656059e
  6. Web cam not working

Web cam not working: When I Start - Camera A black camera screen appears but flashes between (it goes off too quickly to read the full error codes) "NoCameraaresareattached" - to "ActiveCmaeraUnplugged" I have checked for updated drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Makes no...
  7. PS3 cam not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PS3 cam not working: I installed the software for the driver ps3 cam but it is working on zoom meetings but not on any other platform. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps3-cam-not-working/879b42cb-c194-4777-80cb-22cc878a0c89
  8. Cam not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cam not working properly: I m using Trend micro Maximum antivirus ,my laptop cam not working ,all the permission are given to cam. I am using Windows 10 operating system, Lenovo 330s laptop....
  9. Web Cam not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Cam not working: Hi, my web cam is not working. Message provided. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam-not-working/0f39def3-0e47-4159-ad35-7c9bcdaf5709
  10. Microsoft Life cam

Microsoft Life cam: I use one of theses and always had to use the old 3.6 Win 7 version to have it work in W8 or W10. Today I did updates and there was on for W10. It works! [img] 24261