Windows 10: MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back.

Discus and support MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I go to take and save a picture or video I get error codes since a major update a few years back. December of 2015 I think it was. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dennis DiCarlo, May 11, 2019.

1. MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back.

When I go to take and save a picture or video I get error codes since a major update a few years back. December of 2015 I think it was. This Microsoft Camera app is useless for saving or recording anything since the update.

My laptop camera works fine!? My Dell PC hasn't worked since the update. I have tried everything. If it would let me uninstall and reinstall it, it might work. It won't allow me to uninstall it. Reset is useless... I've tried everything! MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back. :eek:(

Error Codes: 0xA00F424F <PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> (0x80004005)

0xA00F425C <VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed> (0x80004005)

:)

Dennis DiCarlo, May 11, 2019

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, May 11, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 CAMERA APP NOT WORKING

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If you are referring to the Camera app then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows Powershell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the
      search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Camera app and webcams help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 11, 2019
  4. Almighty1 Win User

MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back.

Windows Camera app no longer works

On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently.

It would start up with:

MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back. [​IMG]

I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps.

Windows installs a driver with the device listed as:
    USB2.0 UVC 1M WebCam
    in device manager with driver version 10.0.10240.16384 and the date

USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&MI_00
    USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&REV_0725&MI_00

is the device ID's

Almighty1, May 11, 2019
Thema:

MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back.

1. MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back. - Similar Threads - MicroSoft Camera app

2. Mouse Input lag since few years in ALL games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Input lag since few years in ALL games.: Hello,I'm posting on Microsoft support because i prefer speaking to a community of experts now. I'm encoutering severe lags when i try to move my mouse in all games Valorant, Cs Go, OW2I got an Amd 5800x and Rtx 2060 which are sized to play in most of games with low - medium...
  3. Mouse Input lag since few years in ALL games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Input lag since few years in ALL games.: Hello,I'm posting on Microsoft support because i prefer speaking to a community of experts now. I'm encoutering severe lags when i try to move my mouse in all games Valorant, Cs Go, OW2I got an Amd 5800x and Rtx 2060 which are sized to play in most of games with low - medium...
  4. Mouse Input lag since few years in ALL games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sound not working on majority of apps

Sound not working on majority of apps: Hi, having a weird issue. I think that I have checked mostly everything, but for some reason, I am having no audio output from my laptop when I'm on pretty much everything other than Netflix and Hulu. When they do work, they work perfectly. If I'm on chrome, Opera, Spotify,...
  6. Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on...: PLEASE HELP! LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM. This problem starts when Windows 10 is updated to the latest version. I purchased a Lenovo A540 all-in-one desktop with a built-in camera in November 2020. Comes with the latest Windows 10. Camera seems to work in...
  7. Bought a game few years back and don't have it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bought a game few years back and don't have it.: I bought a game a few years ago on my laptop Goat Simulator Windows 10 and couldn't run it without getting less than 20 frames. Anyways I got a desktop for Christmas and just about a week ago I remembered that I have Goat Simulator, so I installed it... after playing it, I...
  8. Email not working since major update.

Email not working since major update.: Windows 10 updated my PC last week. Immediately following this my Windows Live Mail no longer allows incoming or out going traffic. I informed Microsoft of the problem, but they were unable to guide me to a solution themselves. Further attempts through Microsoft led me here....
  9. Fingerprint sensor not working since last major windows update?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor not working since last major windows update?: i have an ASUS Vivobook 15, and it has a fingerprint sensor that has stopped working completely. I only really noticed it recently as its not my primary machine, but the last thing i remember doing was a large windows update before I went away to work and now it doesnt work...
  10. Microsoft Apps break after a few minutes since startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Apps break after a few minutes since startup.: DISCLAIMER: I know I've posted about this before, but I realized that mostly the issues I was having were my internet. Microsoft Apps break after a few minutes. This includes Windows Defender which has a blank screen whenever I open it. submitted by /u/poorchoiceofaname...