Windows 10: Microsoft, can you please re-implement GUI themes, for Win 10?

Discus and support Microsoft, can you please re-implement GUI themes, for Win 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi folks, I was looking online for information about the possibility of MS backtracking on their decision not to allow GUI themes for Windows 10, by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by U#Interface#74, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Microsoft, can you please re-implement GUI themes, for Win 10?

Hi folks,

I was looking online for information about the possibility of MS backtracking on their decision not to allow GUI themes for Windows 10, by giving their customers what they want -GUI Themes,.. GUI themes like the full Aero Glass, ala Win 7, plus other GUI themes too of course. Just to be perfectly clear, I amnot referring to 'wallpaper' themes like MS have already - anyone can set a wallpaper. :

In addition to setting GUI themes, it'd be very nice to be able to set blur, opacity, 'reflect' graphics you know, when you moved a window across the screen, there was a 'shine' that moved as if reflecting and things like that which made the graphical user interface in Win 7 so very appealing.

My question is: Who's the best/right person at Microsoft HQ who's got the power to ultimately get GUI themes re-implemented into W10, to give MANYpaying customers what they've been asking for, for what's really been a long time? Can they be persuaded to reverse their earlier decision? I hope so - many people would like them to, right?! :

Is there any hope graphical user interface themes could be re-implemented into Win 10 anytime soon?

In my humble opinion, the ultra-simplistic tiles get boring very fast, plus they're not as easy on the eye as 'glass' themed window borders etc.

:)

U#Interface#74, Jun 12, 2020

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I customise Microsoft Edge to add colour to the very bland title bars in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

In Microsoft Edge you will be able to change the theme, but you will not be able to customize the color

If you want to change the theme of the Microsoft Edge follow the Steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Select settings.

• Under Choose a them you can select the theme.

For customizing color, I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Microsoft Edge feedback. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience

Thank You.

Arun B J, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Microsoft, can you please re-implement GUI themes, for Win 10?

Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft, can you please re-implement GUI themes, for Win 10?

1. Microsoft, can you please re-implement GUI themes, for Win 10? - Similar Threads - Microsoft please implement

2. Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?: Bought a new Win 11 PC and decided to give my old Win 10 PC to my daughter. I therefore de-registered the WIn 10 PC from my Microsoft account about 3 days ago. Took the WIN 10 PC to my daughters and was setting it up for her. I was installing the latest updates and part way...
  3. Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?: Bought a new Win 11 PC and decided to give my old Win 10 PC to my daughter. I therefore de-registered the WIn 10 PC from my Microsoft account about 3 days ago. Took the WIN 10 PC to my daughters and was setting it up for her. I was installing the latest updates and part way...
  4. Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not a question for a change, but a thank you RE: Themes!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not a question for a change, but a thank you RE: Themes!: I'd expressed my disappointment about the company's decision to hide themes folders after download. I'd become accustomed to discovering the folders, removing shots I didn't like, and moving what I did like into personal themes. I'm happy to notice that my request - no doubt,...
  6. Not a question for a change, but a thank you RE: Themes!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not a question for a change, but a thank you RE: Themes!: I'd expressed my disappointment about the company's decision to hide themes folders after download. I'd become accustomed to discovering the folders, removing shots I didn't like, and moving what I did like into personal themes. I'm happy to notice that my request - no doubt,...
  7. Acceleration of GUI interface on the non-Aero themes of Win 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acceleration of GUI interface on the non-Aero themes of Win 7: Acceleration of GUI on the non-Aero themes Windows 7 A complete set of solutions dated December 7, 2019, consisting of a new version of the Aero theme "Classic AE mod 2019_8", a patch for the dwm.exe file, and a set of programs to accelerate the user interface, including the...
  8. Acceleration of GUI interface on the non-Aero themes of Win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Acceleration of GUI interface on the non-Aero themes of Win 7: Acceleration of GUI on the non-Aero themes Windows 7 A complete set of solutions dated December 7, 2019, consisting of a new version of the Aero theme "Classic AE mod 2019_8", a patch for the dwm.exe file, and a set of programs to accelerate the user interface, including the...
  9. Can you please re update Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you please re update Windows 10?: Because in the latest update my computer went crazy. CPU usage was around 80% even at idle. It fluctuates. From 20% - 75% to sometimes 80%. Trust me. Trust me. THIS was not how my computer was before the update. I was able to play video games and emulators with 40 - 50%...
  10. Dark Theme Incomplete Implementation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme Incomplete Implementation: Hi, After updating the windows to latest versions i.e 1803, the problem that I'm facing with the dark theme feature is that after enabling it all the menus and apps turn dark except the windows explorer. I searched the forum and there was a query about the same problem...