Windows 10: Microsoft Can't login after Win 8.1 upgrade on Win 10, no Sign in Options anymore for...

Discus and support Microsoft Can't login after Win 8.1 upgrade on Win 10, no Sign in Options anymore for... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem and I need it to be resolved because I am very angry with Microsoft an all this new Win 10 issues. It happened that I had... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SlobaZiv, Mar 6, 2021.

1. SlobaZiv Win User

Microsoft Can't login after Win 8.1 upgrade on Win 10, no Sign in Options anymore for...

Hello.

I have a problem and I need it to be resolved because I am very angry with Microsoft an all this new Win 10 issues.

It happened that I had Win 8.1 on my old PC, my 70 year old father used to log in with password and it worked. But, when I upgraded it on Win 10, last night, it happened that I got his name on welcome screen and PIN option for logging in. He never used PIN and I am not able to change the settings from the system because I can't move from welcome screen. I have tried to enter Safe Mode, but I have the same issue there... I need PIN code to log in with his Microsoft account. And Sign In Options is not existing anymore so I'm stuck on Welcome screen and that's it.

I have tried "I forgot my PIN" thing but his Microsoft account had my recovery/security mail which just doesn't exist anymore hotmail.rs domain and it is impossible to get a new security code to set a new PIN. I requested new security email address but I have to wait one month for something to be verified or whatever. I don't have any other verification option instead of that non-existing e mail address.

All of this is just simply veeeery annoying, too many complications with a zillion steps of verification, accounts, security codes for simple users who are not programmers or developers. It is like a loop, when you start dealing with Microsoft accounts, it seems it will never end and it's getting more complicated instead of being simple for users.

Can anyone help me to enter the System and change the settings and turn everything off?

:)

SlobaZiv, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Mar 6, 2021
  3. RickODom Win User
    Win 10 login and dual option

After the upgrade to win 10 every boot shows a screen with the option to go to win 10 or recovery. How do I get this to go straight to win 10 without stopping at this login option page. Is this a setting option that I can set to avoid this page at login.
    Even though it defaults to win 10, I would like to avoid this page.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

RickODom, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Microsoft Can't login after Win 8.1 upgrade on Win 10, no Sign in Options anymore for...

Can't upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10

Jessen P -- Thanks for responding. I looked at the link you provided, but it just provides a small list of error codes and possible causes for the error. Didn't see any steps to take to resolve the issue. And none of the listed error codes are the
    same as the one I got 0x80070006-0x90016 when I tried to upgrade to win 10.

PhilSaxton, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Can't login after Win 8.1 upgrade on Win 10, no Sign in Options anymore for...

1. Microsoft Can't login after Win 8.1 upgrade on Win 10, no Sign in Options anymore for... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Can't login

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  5. win 8 AND win 10- option to load on startup

win 8 AND win 10- option to load on startup: how do i get rid of the option of loading Win 8 or 10 when i turn on? i want Win 10 to load all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-8-and-win-10-option-to-load-on-startup/2f0dd7e0-bc54-4c05-8474-703ab15fcbb2
  6. Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed

Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed: I have an ASUS G75VX, that came with Win 8. When I upgraded to Win 10, I had user groups and no default admin account. Which are features of Win 10 Pro. Recently I had an error that would not self repair. So I did a reset (keeping my data). After the reset, I have Win 10...
  7. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  8. After upgrading win 10 to Anniversary can not login anymore.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After upgrading win 10 to Anniversary can not login anymore.: Upgraded windows 10 to windows 10 Anniversary, upgrade went smoothly with no errors or warnings, re-booted several times. When finally finished booted into a login form, but picture not showing and instead of username a question mark (?) After a short time this form goes...
  9. Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10: I have had this Asus laptop for over a year (i3 4gb ram intel hd 4000 video card). With windows 8 64bit, I was able to run minecraft filling 1/2 the screen and firefox filling the other half with no issues. I would generally stream hulu or youtube while playing minecraft....
  10. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418