Windows 10: Microsoft can't update my windows

Discus and support Microsoft can't update my windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop of windows 10 10240 I tried to update my windows 2 times to 1803 but after downloading 99% , it is saying verifying, after verifying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KshitijDamodhar, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Microsoft can't update my windows

I have a laptop of windows 10 10240

I tried to update my windows 2 times to 1803

but after downloading 99% , it is saying verifying, after verifying it again showing downloading at 99% and several minutes later it is showing downloading 1%

I turned off third party antivirus software and also removed USB connection

I tried downloading 2 times but always it showed same.

It was like just wastage of approx 8-10gb of my Data.

Now I don't want to spend my time, data and money.

But the problem is that I can't run a single app in my PC.

I think head of the Microsoft also can't solve my problem.

:)

KshitijDamodhar, Jun 25, 2020
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft can't update my windows [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jun 25, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft can't update my windows

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft can't update my windows

1. Microsoft can't update my windows - Similar Threads - Microsoft can't update

2. Can't update my windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update my windows: I have Windows 10 version 1903, and I want to update it to 22H2. I managed to manually install it, but when I restart my laptop and start the update, it suddenly shuts down midway, around 50% or so, resulting in me seeing the message 'Undoing changes made to your computer.'...
  3. Can't Update Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Update Microsoft Windows: Hi, I've been trying to update Microsoft, but it has given me an error for the past few weeks already. I've inserted a screenshot. I'm getting this code that I'm advised to send with a query 0x80070643What seems to be the problem, and when will the update be available? Thank...
  4. Can't Update Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Update Microsoft Windows: Hi, I've been trying to update Microsoft, but it has given me an error for the past few weeks already. I've inserted a screenshot. I'm getting this code that I'm advised to send with a query 0x80070643What seems to be the problem, and when will the update be available? Thank...
  5. Can't Update Microsoft Windows

6. Can't update windows, can't use Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update windows, can't use Microsoft Store: I recently formatted/reset my Windows and since then, I haven't been able to use Microsoft Store to download or update apps. I found out later that it might be because Windows updates are off, so I kept digging until I found that the "Windows Update" service is disabled in...
  7. The Microsoft Store can't update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Microsoft Store can't update: My microsoft Store couldn't update and the error code it gave me is 0x80248014 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-store-cant-update/0a33af2d-b60c-4135-978f-c81290d9c3f7
  8. The Microsoft Store can't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Store can't update: My microsoft Store couldn't update and the error code it gave me is 0x80248014 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-store-cant-update/0a33af2d-b60c-4135-978f-c81290d9c3f7
  9. The Microsoft Store can't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Can't update my windows to 1903 (from1803) and other microsoft apps

Can't update my windows to 1903 (from1803) and other microsoft apps: Hi Guys My problem began when I tried to use Skype For Business at home (working from home), I couldn't login. On other devices (new notebook & mobile) it worked fine. I googled and tried a few tips I found (like update your windows). But it seems that something is messed...