Windows 10: Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'We will reinvent productivity'

Discus and support Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'We will reinvent productivity' in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Ten days into Microsoft's fiscal 2015, CEO Satya Nadella has sent a missive to the Microsoft troops. It's not all about developers, developers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'We will reinvent productivity'

Read more at: Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'We will reinvent productivity' | ZDNet

Brink, Jul 9, 2014
  2. eatup Win User

It's good that the new CEO is refocussing on productivity again. Was Bill Gates ever responsible for Windows 7? Did his legacy end with XP? All I can say is holy crap man! What with AF (advanced format) HDDs and lack of USB 3.0 support trying to screw over XP users, I'm dying for another Windows OS just as good as XP, not the bloated softwares they call Windows kernel version 6.x! It's entirely possible I might just stick with XP for as long as my current harware lasts and move out of the Microsoft ecosystem in the future, unless they get it right like Gates did again!... But I can't see that happening soon, not with Windows 9 that is still based on the post Gates kernel 6.x versions!

:)

eatup, Jul 9, 2014
  3. how do i file a complaint about ms customer service

Hi

I have had lots of problems with Microsoft customer service. It has been in steady decline over the past 5 years or so and is getting worse.

I would send a registered letter to the CEO. His contact info as of September 2017 is:

Mr. Satya Nadella

CEO

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond WA 98052 USA

Mr. Nadella has been CEO since February 2014. If he refuses to help, I would send a letter of complaint to your local state or provincial department of Consumer Affairs and copy Mr. Nadella.

That should rattle the cages at Microsoft.

Best of luck.

EdwardJSmith, Jul 9, 2014
  4. Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'We will reinvent productivity'

nokia x platform is going to be killed said by nokia ceo and Microsoft owner then whats the situation for nokia x users

Microsoft ceo nadella said that nokia x series will shift to lumia products can any one clarify what that really means , want to clarify whether they turn to Windows Phones or not.

Moderator's note: We edited the subject of this post to match it with the whole thread. This will help other users easily search for the topic.

mannava---01, Jul 9, 2014
  5. Windows XP was based on the NT kernel by the way. Windows NT 5.1. Windows XP is now unsupported by Microsoft so its a use at your own risk proposition. IMHO its time to move on. Windows XP had its run and its over. No software company is going to continue to patch its legacy programs indefinitely. Windows 7 is a very popular and stable OS. Very similar to Windows XP too. You sound like your not impressed with Windows 8 so I won't go there.

alphanumeric, Jul 10, 2014
  6. eatup Win User
    ^ I don't get it. Years before XP went EoS, I ran it for months without downloading updates. Never a problem with antivirus installed. I don't get why XP with updates till Apr 8 '14 suddenly becomes more vulnerable than the state of my PC in 2012 with automatic updates turned off!

In fact, I'm writing this post on my XP machine, which is the one I currently use the most. It's been what 3 months since EoS and I haven't encountered any problems whatsoever...

eatup, Jul 10, 2014
  7. eatup Win User
    No, it's not just Windows 8. I'm simply not impressed with any OS that runs on kernel 6.x (Vista/7/8/9) whatsoever! Added to the fact that I friggin hate how the post-XP explorer acts like it's trying to be Linux. (I really hate that Linux-feel of the new explorer, almost like I'm using a Windows-themed Linux distro). Drives me nuts when I can't do simple things like "select all" (or at least it's not intuitive like in XP) and I hear they even removed shadow copy in 8!

eatup, Jul 10, 2014
  8. Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'We will reinvent productivity'

Ok, if your not updating XP your just as unprotected now as you were then. I'm not trying to be a smart @ss by the way. Security updates patch vulnerabilities. Vulnerabilities in the code that can be exploited regardless of what security software your running. Microsoft patches them when they discover them. Any new ones found now will not be patched. They will then be exploited up the ying yang. You don't even have to go to a shady web site to get got. Anyway it's not for me to lecture you or anybody else on what they can and can't do. I mention the pitfalls of doing so for anybody else reading this thread, and they can decide for them selves.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an XP second Edition. Windows 9 is likely to be more of the same (7 & 8) and then some.

alphanumeric, Jul 10, 2014
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    seeso no reason to discuss XP with anyone. . .its dead, and if someone is going to use it then I just do not find it necessary to discuss it with them. . .it really is that simple. . .*Wink
    BTW eatup "Welcome to the Nine Forums.". . .*Thumbs

10. Rumor has it Productivity 2.0 Beta is already leaked to the Internet. *Tongue

alphanumeric, Jul 11, 2014
  11. A Guy Win User
    Just give us a good OS, and leave the productivity to us.

A Guy, Jul 12, 2014
  12. Phone Man Win User
    I'm retired and trying to be as Unproductive as possible.

Jim *Party

Phone Man, Jul 12, 2014
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

"Why". . .*Roflmao2

14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

How do you "measure" productivity -- c'mon some of you overpaid I.T "Consultants" from places like Accidenture and the like - give us some real definitions instead of "US Management speak".

I suppose you'd come out with something bovine like counting the number of keystrokes done or lines of code written, but how do you measure "productivity" when I might have a 100% world shattering invention just by looking out of the windows with a nice glass of cold beer in my hand and THINKING quietly.

It amazes me when economists and others talk about "The productivity" of the work force -- how do you measure for example when people are doing purely admin jobs that are EVENT driven and therefore UNPREDICTABLE. For example if you process 5 Death certificates on a Monday, 7 on a Tuesday and 0 on a Wednesday - does that mean "productivity" is low on a wednesday in your office. I suppose you'd have to go out and ensure more people died on a Wednesday to "Improve productivity".

For non manufacturing processes productivity is almost impossible to give any serious meaning to - and even for manufacturing processes a lot can be done by purely mechanical means such as Robots.

In an extreme case is a Soldier less productive one week because in a combat zone he has KILLED nobody ?? --

The whole concept of "productivity" is outdated and needs re-defining. - If we are still basing our national policies on this old concept of productivity - we'll NEVER get our economics right.

I suppose the Germans might come up with something - Nr of Goals scored by their team in the entire world cup -- that WAS a productive team effort. !!

Congrats Deutschland -- yours was DEFINITELY the best team for the whole competition - even though on the night of the Final your team was a bit lucky that Messi amongst others missed a couple of absolute open goals that my Grandma could probably have scored with her eyes closed. !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft CEO Nadella: 'We will reinvent productivity' - Similar Threads - Microsoft CEO Nadella

2. How do we stop Microsoft clearly biased censorship of comments? Can we get this CEO also...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do we stop Microsoft clearly biased censorship of comments? Can we get this CEO also...: Microsoft flagrantly censures conservative views yet allows name calling and insults of liberal views.This CEO should also be brought before Congress to explain algorithm. Normal non threatening words such as aberrant behavior are blocked at least for me. Community Guidelines...
  3. Nadella On Cybersecurity

in Windows 10 News
    Nadella On Cybersecurity: A channel9 video: Satya Nadella on Cybersecurity and Microsoft’s new Cyber Defense Operations Center In this special Taste of Premier episode we welcome Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and GM of Microsoft’s Cloud Platform Julia White to discuss Microsoft’s new approach on...
  4. Exclusive: CEO Nadella talks Microsoft's mobile, Windows 10, more...

in Windows 10 News
    Exclusive: CEO Nadella talks Microsoft's mobile, Windows 10, more...: Minutes after he left the Worldwide Partner Conference stage after delivering a keynote for 14,000-plus resellers, integrators and other Microsoft partners on July 13, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella sat down with me in the backstage green room for a 30-minute interview. His...
  5. Watch Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Live November 16th 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Live November 16th 2016: Watch live at 10 AM Australian local time on November 16th as Satya Nadella, CEO Microsoft, shares his thoughts on how Microsoft is empowering every developer and start-up with the tools and platforms to build any application and create new experiences by bringing together...
  6. CEO Satya Nadella on why Microsoft exists

in Windows 10 News
    CEO Satya Nadella on why Microsoft exists: After holding what might be the device event of the year, Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadella met with Nilay Patel to discuss the new hardware and his vision for the company. UcoS9aQItgA 25485
  7. Microsoft goes internal for its next CEO with Satya Nadella

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft goes internal for its next CEO with Satya Nadella: Nadella's first day as CEO is today, February 4. Current CEO Steve Ballmer is out, effective immediately. The choice of Nadella is somewhat surprising, and in other ways, not. Nadella -- believed to have been, all along, one of a small handful of alleged internal...
  8. microsoft rumored to select new ceo next week satya nadella

in Windows 10 News
    microsoft rumored to select new ceo next week satya nadella: The committee at Microsoft that has been entrusted to pick a new CEO to replace the retiring Steve Ballmer has certainly taken more time than most people thought. Today, a new rumor, based on unnamed sources, claims Microsoft could finally name its new leader sometime next...
  9. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Admits Windows Phone Failed

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Admits Windows Phone Failed: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Admits Windows Phone Failed “No question that we really missed the mobile one” Despite the fact that Microsoft has reiterated its commitment to Windows phones on several occasions so far, there are people out there still questioning the...
  10. Microsoft Working Towards a Password-Free World: CEO Satya Nadella

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Working Towards a Password-Free World: CEO Satya Nadella: Windows Hello makes the traditional password useless [img] With growing concerns over security of emails and mobile phones, technology giant Microsoft Thursday said it is working on ways to rid tech users of their worries over passwords. "One of the biggest...