Windows 10: Microsoft Certified Technician Scams

Discus and support Microsoft Certified Technician Scams in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I noticed the comment posted regarding the man who was cold called by a scammer, I think regarding the Ammy Scam. He had asked who these people are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CindyVickers0908, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Microsoft Certified Technician Scams

I noticed the comment posted regarding the man who was cold called by a scammer, I think regarding the Ammy Scam. He had asked who these people are and why aren't they in jail yet. That email was dated 2013. Here we are almost at 2020 and they have been not only scamming the US, but also Great Britain, Australia, Canada, Netherlands, Germany and Japan. In the US recently an 82 year old woman was scammed out of $40,000.00 , her life savings. She committed suicide and left behind a devastated family. Most scams come from India, but a few come from Africa and even from within the US. Boca Raton, FL. is a hot spot for call centers. The amount of intelligence gathered by citizens and handed over to the authorities within their respective countries and to the Indian authorities would fill a warehouse of 40,000 Sq. Ft. There was an arrest of about 120 some odd scammers who received 20 years each. But it didn't put a dent in the amount of call centers they have and the amount of willing people to willing steal from people, senior citizens are a favorite target. They have no care about the mess they leave with the people they have stolen from. Some people can't make mortgage or rent payments, car payments or feed their families. The Cyber Police and other Authorities in India are all paid off. They have received truck loads of intelligence with exact evidence, pictures, names, recordings etc. Even their ISPs do not respond. The US gives India $55Billion each year for food, Medicine, Military etc. I can see a clear way to shut them down. Maybe not with the current President, but soon. They only other way is to educate each American Citizen about all the different scams, and each victim country should do the same. Well, that is my take on it. When scammers call me, I make sure to waste their time and ruin their day. While I am wasting their time, at the very least they are NOT scamming another victim. Never let some log onto your device and never give them private information.

Cindy

:)

CindyVickers0908, Jun 30, 2019

2. Microsoft Certified Technician companies

Is Experian Tech a microsoft certified technician? I received a pop-up stating that my system was crashing and that I needed to contact them to fix the problem.

Please advise.

Thanks.

CarinWolkenberg, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Microsoft Certified Technicians

I got a message on my computer saying a malware had been found and to call an 800 number. I did so and talked to PC Gears Business who took over my computer and supposedly cleaned it up and then offered techsupport and firewall for any where from a
    5 year contract for about $ 500 to a 1 year contract for $ 49.00. I took the 1 year contract and charged it on my credit card. Is this company legit? Their billing company is in China but claim to have offices in USA, UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
    They claim to be Microsoft certified technicians.

Is this legit?

SharonRothrock, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Microsoft Certified Technician Scams

I received a Security Error message in Microsoft Edgem asking me to call a phone number to Microsoft certified technicians.

* Original title: Security Error

I received a Security Error message in Microsoft Edge. Asking me to call a phone number to Microsoft certified technicians remove a problem. I think this is a scam. How do I get rid of this? I have cleared cookies, temporary internet files and browsing
    history.

CharlesRichardson_607, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Certified Technician Scams

1. Microsoft Certified Technician Scams - Similar Threads - Microsoft Certified Technician

2. Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician: My computer was locked by Microsoft and it said to call 888 552 6104 I spoke with the senior technician Ethan Scott who was very helpful and assisted with several scans, especially with the ip information. I have been having many problems with hacking affecting financial info...
  3. Microsoft technician had me use a scam key server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft technician had me use a scam key server: Recently I had trouble activating Windows 11 so I reached out through the MS support callback: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact I got a call back and waited in a queue and the person on the line said he would need to transfer me to solve the issue. I got...
  4. Microsoft technician had me use a scam key server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft technician had me use a scam key server: Recently I had trouble activating Windows 11 so I reached out through the MS support callback: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact I got a call back and waited in a queue and the person on the line said he would need to transfer me to solve the issue. I got...
  5. Independent but certified Microsoft support technicians

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Independent but certified Microsoft support technicians: I have an issue with restoring File History backed up data from a new installation the details in this question which I cannot seem to resolve myself. I would like some professional support and would be happy to pay for it, but I am not sure how to find it. I tried Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Certified Reseller List

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Certified Reseller List: Where can I find a list of Microsoft Certified Resellers? Is "Gotkeynow" a Certified Reseller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-certified-reseller-list/fae24cb6-6c01-420b-b2c4-b215be15ae8b
  7. Is samedaysoftware.com a certified Microsoft partner?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is samedaysoftware.com a certified Microsoft partner?: Is samedaysoftware.com a certified Microsoft partner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-samedaysoftwarecom-a-certified-microsoft/fecb26cc-4111-452f-8ceb-5a53bbcadeb3"
  8. microsoft technician

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft technician: Hi Peeps This should be an easy question. Can someone please tell me do microsoft technicians still offer IT services to the public for a yearly subscription? If the answer is yea how do I find them to sign up? I want to start my own small business and wish to recruit...
  9. Is Mega Metro Academy a legitimate company with certified Microsoft security technicians?

Is Mega Metro Academy a legitimate company with certified Microsoft security technicians?: They just charged my $937.90 to repair my web network that they said had been hacked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-mega-metro-academy-a-legitimate-company-with/9b6d39f7-7fa4-401d-8b1b-a23ffb85e31b"
  10. potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually: gave virtual access to my pc to what seems like a potential scammer wanting me to purchase antivirus protection how do i check if my pc is safe?...