Windows 10: Microsoft charging me without permission.

Discus and support Microsoft charging me without permission. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting bills for an account and a service that I don't use or signed up for. How to reach someone at Microsoft to get them to cancel or stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by G00000, May 26, 2023.

1. G00000 Win User

Microsoft charging me without permission.

I keep getting bills for an account and a service that I don't use or signed up for. How to reach someone at Microsoft to get them to cancel or stop the charge on my bank? And possibly give me my money back?

:)

G00000, May 26, 2023

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Microsoft charging me without permission. [​IMG]

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 26, 2023
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, May 26, 2023
  4. Microsoft charging me without permission.

Charging stuck at 70%

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Microsoft charging me without permission. [​IMG]

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft charging me without permission.

1. Microsoft charging me without permission. - Similar Threads - Microsoft charging without

2. Why Microsoft charged me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Microsoft charged me?: Microsoft debited 430 zlotys from my card, although I have a free student account and although I study at the university, and why did Microsoft debit my money from my account? I want my money back. Here's my student account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Why Microsoft charged me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Microsoft charged me?: Microsoft debited 430 zlotys from my card, although I have a free student account and although I study at the university, and why did Microsoft debit my money from my account? I want my money back. Here's my student account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Microsoft charging me without permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft charging me without permission.: I keep getting bills for an account and a service that I don't use or signed up for. How to reach someone at Microsoft to get them to cancel or stop the charge on my bank? And possibly give me my money back?...
  5. Microsoft store installing game without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store installing game without permission: So i recently tried to install Halo from Microsoft store.But then i changed my mind and cancelled the installation.But it just doesn't seem to stop.no matter ehat i do,it still shows up.it is not downloading...it's just there and hogging my local disk c space...i have tried...
  6. Microsoft store installing game without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store installing game without permission: So i recently tried to install Halo from Microsoft store.But then i changed my mind and cancelled the installation.But it just doesn't seem to stop.no matter ehat i do,it still shows up.it is not downloading...it's just there and hogging my local disk c space...i have tried...
  7. Microsoft store installing game without permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Charged my Paypal without telling me how much

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charged my Paypal without telling me how much: Bought a game from the microsoft store. Had a balance of $62 in gift cards. Told me they needed additional payment methodd for taxes and fees. Microsoft ended up charging my paypal account, once for $14, and once for $41, then refunded the $14 charge, and only taking $10 of...
  9. Microsoft store extra charged me

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store extra charged me: Hi all, I am from Hong Kong, I want to finish a in app purchase through Microsoft store, the purchase has not successfully, but the store charges me twice, can anyone help? I tried to contact Microsoft support, but they aren't replying, keep getting "Please visit the...
  10. Why my password is charged without asking me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why my password is charged without asking me?: I once cheated by Microsoft with a application b4 that's why I decide not to by any Microsoft products at all. So first thing first, using pirated version of W10 v19. And yes, solve it if you can to proved that you will be there with me if I purchase your product... I was...